Guest pakistan

Hi,

Please confirm me below. 

My wife intends to join me here in Australia so she has to apply for partner visa 309 and the average processing time is 12 months?

Please confirm as somebody told me that average processing time is changed and its 22 months now?

Many thanks!!

Edited by Lilly23

The average processing time indeed is about 12 months. HumanServices updates processing times based on real statistics every month here: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times . Look for the 309 visa and it will say 11 and 15 months. If you've been following this thread, you would've seen the majority of 309 visas being granted between 9 and 11 months.

When someone said 22 months, they might have meant the second stage of the visa (subclass 100) or the on-shore visas 801 or 820.

2 hours ago, Andy_ said:

The average processing time indeed is about 12 months. HumanServices updates processing times based on real statistics every month here: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times . Look for the 309 visa and it will say 11 and 15 months. If you've been following this thread, you would've seen the majority of 309 visas being granted between 9 and 11 months.

When someone said 22 months, they might have meant the second stage of the visa (subclass 100) or the on-shore visas 801 or 820.

Thanks Andy for the clarification !!

Hi 

I received my OZ immi in Feb 17 and made my first entry in June 17.  Then I came back to Pakistan and I applied for my wife and kids visas in July -17. Now after sorting my affairs in Pakistan I am leaving for Australia in Feb-18. My family visas are still awaited.

My question here is: If the sponsor is not in Australia whether it would have impact on partner visa time line?

Please advice...

Salman

8 minutes ago, Khan Salman said:

Hi 

I received my OZ immi in Feb 17 and made my first entry in June 17.  Then I came back to Pakistan and I applied for my wife and kids visas in July -17. Now after sorting my affairs in Pakistan I am leaving for Australia in Feb-18. My family visas are still awaited.

My question here is: If the sponsor is not in Australia whether it would have impact on partner visa time line?

Please advice...

Salman

No there should be no impact on the partner visa on account of being overseas. Make sure to inform the department of your new Australian address and employment/financial/bank details if you have secured a job in Australia.

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and have been reading comments. I would like to share my timeline with you guys.

Visa: Spouse Visa 309

Place of Lodgement: Dubai

Date of Lodgement: 23 June 2017

Date of interview: 6 February 2018

Date of Lodgement: Still waiting

After the interview I was told that I will be required to upload missing documents however I still haven't received an email. I sent an email to the Dubai consulate and was advised that my visa is processing to finalisation. Has anyone else applied at a similar date? 

Hi Mi mi, my wife applied around the same date as you from Pakistan. We haven't heard from HomeAffairs since.

You should get your email one of these days. Sometimes they take a few weeks to send the email which they promised over the phone. Good luck.

Hi Andy, that’s great to hear someone else has applied around the same time as me. I hope your wife gets an interview soon. Have you provided all required documents already? 

I really hope I get an email soon because I think I did bad on my interview ?. I got really nervous and stressed at the same time. My CO interviewed me all of a sudden and I kept getting dates wrong and I also think I gave my mother in laws other name, not her legal name when I was asked. Really stressing out. 

We only provided a selection of documents at the time of application. We haven't been asked for medicals or police check yet.

Yes the interview business is quite stressful for many applicants. What's done is now done, so don't stress too much :). As long as the documentary evidence is solid, everything should be okay.

hello everyone

hope everyone is doing good !

I am about to lodge my partner visa application for 309/100 and have some questions if anyone could answer please?

TIA

1- Migrating members of the family unit ?
As we are a newly married couple , I guess the answer is a NO?

2- Non-migrating members of the family unit
Not sure about this , is this question asking for my wife's siblings/parents?

3- Is this applicant related to the sponsor by blood, marriage or adoption?
Not sure , Yes/No? , we are related to each other by this new marriage , not sure if the qs asks if we were related bcoz of someone else's marriage?

I am married to my wife thru an arranged marriage and have no previous relationships between our families

Hi,

This is regarding the two supporting witnesses required in form 47SP.

1) Must the two supporting witnesses be Australian Citizen / Permanent Resident? Or they can be from Pakistan? 

2) Must they be from the applicant's side or they can be from sponsor's side? 

Thanks.

Lilly.