Guest pakistan

what does the status 'approved' in front of the sponsor's name mean? that's all it's showing on his ImmiAccount and there's no longer a link to upload attachments. On my account though I can still see assessment in progress. I think this is a recent change because when we logged in last to submit additional documents it kept appearing as submitted next to the sponsor's name.

Somebody give me something good to go by please :S

On 12/13/2017 at 07:58, panda286 said:

27 minutes ago, panda286 said:

what does the status 'approved' in front of the sponsor's name mean? that's all it's showing on his ImmiAccount and there's no longer a link to upload attachments. On my account though I can still see assessment in progress. I think this is a recent change because when we logged in last to submit additional documents it kept appearing as submitted next to the sponsor's name.

This is a good sign. Probably means your assessment is complete and you'll get visa any day. Because I remember someone posted this before as well and they got visa within a few days of change in status. Wish you all the best :)

1 hour ago, Newbie17 said:

This is a good sign. Probably means your assessment is complete and you'll get visa any day. Because I remember someone posted this before as well and they got visa within a few days of change in status. Wish you all the best :)

let's hope so. the wait is getting really annoying now

1 hour ago, panda286 said:

Mine changed to approved 2 days before we got the visa. That means you’ll be getting it anytime! 

Edited by Hiba

1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

Hi all...

Can anyone tell on what basis DIBP categories applications to be simple or complex/complicated?? I mean what are the things that make any case complicated?

Any reply would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

criminal convictions, health issues, children from previous relationships, citizenship of high risk countries, to name a few

1 hour ago, Nemesis said:

criminal convictions, health issues, children from previous relationships, citizenship of high risk countries, to name a few

Children from previous relationship of applicant or sponsor?? What if children from previous relationship are already australian citizen???

Its a question for all the experts and people with similar experiences,
We applied 309 visa with help from a migration agent and now i want to enquire about my wife’s case. Agent is resisting in sending an enquiry to case officer and is insisting on waiting for his (case officer’s) response after uploading additional documents. My wife is getting a little stressed as its been 295 days (almost 10 months) from the date of Application, and its been 1.5 months after uploading additional documents.
My question is, if i send an email enquiry about her case to australian highcommission islamabad myself instead of my migration agent, how will it affect my wife’s case?
Will it be negative for our case because case officers might think why applicant herself is sending an enquiry instead of the person assigned to receive communications (migration agent). We are a little confused. Any help will be appreciated.

Is there anyone who sent an email enquiry themselves instead of their migration agents? And what was case officers response?

Cheers,

3 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Children from previous relationship of applicant or sponsor?? What if children from previous relationship are already australian citizen???

More specifically...

If sponsor is going for the spouse visa 309 for the second time after completing 5 years ban( from the date of 1st time spouse visa lodgment), provided divorce certificate issued from australian court and has a child(australian citizen) from previous relationship living with mother.... does all these things make current visa application complicated??

Its a question for all the experts and people with similar experiences,
We applied 309 visa with help from a migration agent and now i want to enquire about my wife’s case. Agent is resisting in sending an enquiry to case officer and is insisting on waiting for his (case officer’s) response after uploading additional documents. My wife is getting a little stressed as its been 295 days (almost 10 months) from the date of Application, and its been 1.5 months after uploading additional documents.
My question is, if i send an email enquiry about her case to australian highcommission islamabad myself instead of my migration agent, how will it affect my wife’s case?
Will it be negative for our case because case officers might think why applicant herself is sending an enquiry instead of the person assigned to receive communications (migration agent). We are a little confused. Any help will be appreciated.

Is there anyone who sent an email enquiry themselves instead of their migration agents? And what was case officers response?

Cheers,

Guess no response for my enquiry..

@AsimMalik

hey. my husband was officially authorised for any correspondence with the hig commision. when i got no reponse for some time i mailed the highcommision through my email asking abt the status. i got a reply that only authorised person's queries are going to be answered. But after that email i had my interview call in 2 weeks. SO i cant say it was bcz of my email or the call was just suppose to be made in that week.

40 minutes ago, par said:

@AsimMalik

hey. my husband was officially authorised for any correspondence with the hig commision. when i got no reponse for some time i mailed the highcommision through my email asking abt the status. i got a reply that only authorised person's queries are going to be answered. But after that email i had my interview call in 2 weeks. SO i cant say it was bcz of my email or the call was just suppose to be made in that week.

That's quite strange. My husband is the authorised contact but I've emailed them a few times myself and I've always received a reply, even if it's just a standard reply. But I've usually kept him copied in those emails so that could also be the reason they replied to me. Not sure if it'll work the same way with agents though. My friend some time back just changed the authroised contact from the agent to herself when she felt there was a delay in communication reaching her because of the agent. But this is some months back

That's quite strange. My husband is the authorised contact but I've emailed them a few times myself and I've always received a reply, even if it's just a standard reply. But I've usually kept him copied in those emails so that could also be the reason they replied to me. Not sure if it'll work the same way with agents though. My friend some time back just changed the authroised contact from the agent to herself when she felt there was a delay in communication reaching her because of the agent. But this is some months back

So whats her update? Did she get her visa yet? And what about yours? Your ImmiAccount status was approved right?

20 minutes ago, AsimMalik said:

So whats her update? Did she get her visa yet? And what about yours? Your ImmiAccount status was approved right?

Yeah she did back in August but took her a little over 10 months as well. I honestly don't think it made any difference except that this is an option too if anyone wants to take it. 

My status changed to approved either on Thursday or Friday since it wasn't there when we last checked on Wednesday. I guess it's a waiting game once again 

Yeah she did back in August but took her a little over 10 months as well. I honestly don't think it made any difference except that this is an option too if anyone wants to take it. 

My status changed to approved either on Thursday or Friday since it wasn't there when we last checked on Wednesday. I guess it's a waiting game once again 

Ahan, btw what date did you submit your additional documents after interview? What additional documents did you submit? Did you apply from singapore or Pakistan?

36 minutes ago, AsimMalik said:

Ahan, btw what date did you submit your additional documents after interview? What additional documents did you submit? Did you apply from singapore or Pakistan?

Interview was on 6th November. Took me a while to submit additional documents; finally submitted everything on the 30th. They asked for two form 888, two affidavits from Pakistan, latest polio certificate for me (the applicant), updated police check for my husband (the sponsor - we had submitted his previous police check but that had expired in July), and an updated relationship statement from both of us. I applied from Karachi but got my interview call when I had moved to Singapore.