Guest pakistan

Hello Everyone, any visa grants or interview calls recently?

I have uploaded my recent trip photos to Pak , sent them an email and got the generic reply in 5 days time: "Thank you for uploading the documents on the IMMI account".

When called, we get same reply : Visa in initial stage, standard time is 9-12 months. Wait for CO interview call. Documents are complete, we may request if we have to.

No interview call so far to my wife, DOL: 9 Feb 2016 :confused:

Edited by talexpat

I have uploaded my recent trip photos to Pak , sent them an email and got the generic reply in 5 days time: "Thank you for uploading the documents on the IMMI account".

When called, we get same reply : Visa in initial stage, standard time is 9-12 months. Wait for CO interview call. Documents are complete, we may request if we have to.

mate what is the confusion here? 9-12 months is the SLA. So i will do the maths for you here. Feb + 9-12months = Nov-Feb 2017. Are you expecting them to grant you visa before time? At the time of applying you were told of the time frame. So wait patiently اِنْ شاَءَ الله

Relax. It has not even been 6 months for you. CO n interview is near the end stage. Probably if we didturb AHC less, they can concentrate better on case progression. Many people get interview call after 8 months. You will be fine, God willing. Good luck

Relax. It has not even been 6 months for you. CO n interview is near the end stage. Probably if we didturb AHC less, they can concentrate better on case progression. Many people get interview call after 8 months. You will be fine, God willing. Good luck

Do applications tend to move quite fast after I meet CO? I lodged my 309 back in February 8, 2016. I have completed my medical and police checks and have no heard anything yet. I am not really worried just curious whether where it goes from here. I should also mention I am applying from Canada and not the UK. I am a Canadian citizen and my partner is Australian.

I have friends who did same process and their applications took 7-9 months. Any insight would be awesome!

Thanks!

You probably won't have to meet the CO. Yes, once the CO interviews you, the process is faster. Many people get the grant in 2-3 months after the interview, some even in weeks.

Do applications tend to move quite fast after I meet CO? I lodged my 309 back in February 8, 2016. I have completed my medical and police checks and have no heard anything yet. I am not really worried just curious whether where it goes from here. I should also mention I am applying from Canada and not the UK. I am a Canadian citizen and my partner is Australian.

I have friends who did same process and their applications took 7-9 months. Any insight would be awesome!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Being Canadian, like most British applicants, you are unlikely to be interviewed at all. most people in this thread are from high risk countries and are more likely to be interviewed.

There is another thread you may want to follow, Im from UK and rare to need an interview, being Canadian I would be surprised if you needed an interview. It can happen but generally more likely if your from a high risk country

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

Thanks for the insight guys! It my gf who is worried and I explained its a process and we need to just relax. Do you guys think it would be a issue if I go travelling while I await a decision? My gf and I are planning on going through SE Asia but are holding off just in case the CO needs further documents from us.

I hope all of you get your approval quickly an if your in Melbourne lets grab a beer!

Hey Guys,

My wife who is the sponsor, received a detailed call today about our visa application, they asked her things like where and how we met, what were our marriage dates, what are our professions, etc. My wife answered all the questions and then she asked the guy what stage are we at, and he answered I cant give you a tentative time, but it shall take another two weeks to finalize.

My question is that if anybody has been in the same situation, does it really take 2 weeks after a call to the sponsor, or will I get one call too? can any of the stat declaration people get a phone call too?

Thanks

You should be fine.

Whats your lodgment date?

Hey Guys,

My wife who is the sponsor, received a detailed call today about our visa application, they asked her things like where and how we met, what were our marriage dates, what are our professions, etc. My wife answered all the questions and then she asked the guy what stage are we at, and he answered I cant give you a tentative time, but it shall take another two weeks to finalize.

My question is that if anybody has been in the same situation, does it really take 2 weeks after a call to the sponsor, or will I get one call too? can any of the stat declaration people get a phone call too?

Thanks

You might get interviewed but who knows. People have gotten grants in 5 months and it can be the case in 2 weeks you get the golden email.

Hey Guys,

Thanks

Hi micalparkz,

How are you going with the visa application? Its been a while now after the interview call, you should have the visa grant pretty soon.

I think based on previous post of usmanyo, he lodged paper application on 1st March 2016. Its great to see some progress on pakistani case, also maybe because Immi-Account was down almost whole day today, AHC might have thought, yeah lets sort out paper applications first, lol.

Cheers!!

Hey Guys,

Thanks

thats sounds great! Not long now!! I think anyone can get a call to be honest.

When did you lodged your visa and how long have you been waiting? I have done my medical/police check and am waiting for the same call your received! hope it comes soon.

My lodgement date was 01/03/16, and I was confused as to why they didnt call me, instead called my wife who is the sponsor, and the guy who called her was calling from Islamabad, and she is in Australia. Well lets see how long it takes from here....

My lodgement date was 01/03/16, and I was confused as to why they didnt call me, instead called my wife who is the sponsor, and the guy who called her was calling from Islamabad, and she is in Australia. Well lets see how long it takes from here....

Are you based in Pakistan? That's the only reason I would assume you would receive a call from Islamabad. I lodged my visa February 8, 2016 and my partner is Australian. I guess she is also going to receive a call just like you did.

Did you lodge your visa January 3, 2016 or March 1, 2016? Sorry in Canada we use different method for xx/xx/xxx lol.

Are you based in Pakistan? That's the only reason I would assume you would receive a call from Islamabad. I lodged my visa February 8, 2016 and my partner is Australian. I guess she is also going to receive a call just like you did.

Did you lodge your visa January 3, 2016 or March 1, 2016? Sorry in Canada we use different method for xx/xx/xxx lol.

Applying from Canada - a low risk country - an interview is very unlikely.

Applying from Canada - a low risk country - an interview is very unlikely.

It has been a total of 7 months since I lodged my visa. Since I am low risk, what is the next step? Do I even have a phone chat with the CO or what? I keep hearing that its around 7-8 month mark where one meets a CO but now I am hearing I wont even need that lol.

Hi Talexpat,

Yes, it has been about 45 days, the case is with SCO for the decision. I was advised that cases are decided on DOL basis. I hope that the grant will be anytime soon.

Any idea what dates are getting grants these days? The online apps not the paper ones.

Hi micalparkz,

How are you going with the visa application? Its been a while now after the interview call, you should have the visa grant pretty soon.

I think based on previous post of usmanyo, he lodged paper application on 1st March 2016. Its great to see some progress on pakistani case, also maybe because Immi-Account was down almost whole day today, AHC might have thought, yeah lets sort out paper applications first, lol.

Cheers!!

Hi,

Sorry, I have no idea about what dates are getting grants these days. Other forums are pretty much inactive. And you cannot imagine how many times i checked this thread only to find out last post was by JBassi, lol.

For high risk applicants, based on this forum and friends' circle, I know that it can take anywhere from 1.5 weeks to 1.5 month for visa to be granted after CO interview call. I wonder why is it taking so long for SCO to grant visa. Yesterday's outage must have added a delay too. :err:

Lets keep fingers crossed and everything will turn out really great, God willing.

Cheers!!

Hi Talexpat,

Yes, it has been about 45 days, the case is with SCO for the decision. I was advised that cases are decided on DOL basis. I hope that the grant will be anytime soon.

Any idea what dates are getting grants these days? The online apps not the paper ones.

Thanks and hope so.

Do you know if working days at Australian High Commission Islamabad are from Monday to Thursday?

Hi,

Sorry, I have no idea about what dates are getting grants these days. Other forums are pretty much inactive. And you cannot imagine how many times i checked this thread only to find out last post was by JBassi, lol.

For high risk applicants, based on this forum and friends' circle, I know that it can take anywhere from 1.5 weeks to 1.5 month for visa to be granted after CO interview call. I wonder why is it taking so long for SCO to grant visa. Yesterday's outage must have added a delay too. :err:

Lets keep fingers crossed and everything will turn out really great, God willing.

Cheers!!

Not sure of working days but here is what AHC ISL website says about telephone enquiries though : ".... only available to answer telephone enquiries relating to applications that are currently under assessment, between 08:30am to 12:00pm Monday to Thursday."

I hope they work from Mon to Fri, really hard, like us all humans. :D

URL: http://pakistan.embassy.gov.au/islm/contact-us.html

Thanks and hope so.

Do you know if working days at Australian High Commission Islamabad are from Monday to Thursday?

It has been a total of 7 months since I lodged my visa. Since I am low risk, what is the next step? Do I even have a phone chat with the CO or what? I keep hearing that its around 7-8 month mark where one meets a CO but now I am hearing I wont even need that lol.

You really need to post on the other spouse visa thread which is peopledmore by low risk country applicants like the UK, US and Canada.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats.html

Although the title says UK it really does 'fit' low risk more than high risk.

Interveiws etc are standard for high risk, not so for low risk. In your shoes you will probably here nothing more until you get a final decision

Hi,

Cheers!!

My interview held in January 2016 and I just got to know a month before from AHC Islamabad that my case is with Senior case officer for final decision.. So, u never know the exact time of visa grant before or after interview. It has been more than 13 month since i lodged visa application.