What is happening with the visa's????

Lady Tottington

Hi I am really fed up. We got a case officer on 24th April asked for more info which we sent straight away and then nothing?? Keep checking but nothing is happening. Does anyone know how long it takes for visa after case officer has been granted?? I thought that no visa’s were been granted till 1st July but people are still getting visa’s granted. I keep thinking that it is not going to happen anymore. The check in on line is becoming an obsession, an unhealthy obsession and I am starting to feel really fed up, sick of waiting.

Very impatient Sam xx :sad:

Guest bentkitty

How long did your CO give you to provide the missing information? Should say on the letter they sent you. We were also on a 175 and the CO gave us 70 days to provide the info. We completed everything and informed the CO well before the deadline but he still did not open our file until the 70 days were up. My agent said often the COs put your file away and make a note on their diary to go back to your file on the day of the deadline. On day 71 our visa was granted.

Not sure if all COs operate in this way but from reading other posts on these forums over the last 6 months or so seems to be a common occurrence. Suggest you keep yourself busy and put the time to good use getting everything ready for your departure! Better that than checking your status online every day lol - I thought I was going slowly mad!! :)

Guest Jhonnywalker

Same with me as well.. But, there are few things that we can't control in life.. and this is one of them :(

Hopefully, there will be a downpour of visa's in early July.

Wish we get our visa's soon..

My agent said often the COs put your file away and make a note on their diary to go back to your file on the day of the deadline. On day 71 our visa was granted.

Not sure if all COs operate in this way

In my experience, yes.

From what I have read on this forum and elsewhere it woud appear that some posters find it hard to envisage that the Case Officer has any other application but theirs.

Look at it from the CO's point of view.

How else can you efficiently manage your workload?

Apart from that, the applicant may send in some paperwork well before the, say, 70 days is up, but may well send some more before the deadline expiry.

As the client has a legal right to be able to send material right up to the 70 day mark the CO would be silly to make a decision before the expiry of the 70 days, and the applicant would be rightly aggrieved if they were disadvantaged by the CO doing so.

Hi Sam and welcome to the waiting game it is the single most frustrating thing in the world...well in my world anyway ;o)

From reading other posts like this it seems most COs are adopting the 'look at the file once the time limit for submitting all information is up'! Plus it seems 457s are the only visas being granted at the mo, but all reports say that it should all pick up again at the start of the Aussie financial year in July.

Fingers crossed everyone hears soon!

breath ..................... ;o)

Guest catty
Hi I am really fed up. We got a case officer on 24th April asked for more info which we sent straight away and then nothing?? Keep checking but nothing is happening. Does anyone know how long it takes for visa after case officer has been granted?? I thought that no visa’s were been granted till 1st July but people are still getting visa’s granted. I keep thinking that it is not going to happen anymore. The check in on line is becoming an obsession, an unhealthy obsession and I am starting to feel really fed up, sick of waiting.

Very impatient Sam xx :sad:

in the same boat as ye guys on CSL visa 175 and was given 28 days in april to submit medicals and police clearance managed same.. nearly had heart attack in process and NADA since just thats its with the case officer and a decision willl be made shortly. but in going with the mentioned 70 day rule its up on 7th july so either way it will be july i think before we hear anything.....

Same boat as well. (175, CSL ) CO request on 30/3/09 for meds & poilice checks within 30 days. All provided. Staus does say meds finalised, but no other changes. All (and I mean all) documents show as being required still ! So even after the 30 days has been and gone we still hear nothing !!

Guest Rich&Jules

We were quite lucky. Our case officer was assigned on 1st June 09 but we heard nothing until the visa was granted on 19th June 09. They must still be granting visas before 1st July as were are proof. We received confirmation via e-mail @ 4:40 am.

Online 175 visa, Accountant, IELTS level 9, CSL. Applied 3/9/09, CO 1/6/09, Visa grant 19/6/09

We were quite lucky. Our case officer was assigned on 1st June 09 but we heard nothing until the visa was granted on 19th June 09. They must still be granting visas before 1st July as were are proof. We received confirmation via e-mail @ 4:40 am.

Online 175 visa, Accountant, IELTS level 9, CSL. Applied 3/9/09, CO 1/6/09, Visa grant 19/6/09

Hi Guys that is great news at least some visas are been granted congrats xx

As the client has a legal right to be able to send material right up to the 70 day mark the CO would be silly to make a decision before the expiry of the 70 days, and the applicant would be rightly aggrieved if they were disadvantaged by the CO doing so.

Hello there,

I think that the 28 or 70 days period given by CO is no clue for the visa grant date.

Myself, had been given 28 days period, and it's been 3 mothns now and nothing yet.

It's likely that your CO won't be back to check the doc you sent before those 28 or 70 days period because they are very busy. But if they do check the docs and see that the info currently in hand is adequate they will finalise the visa now without waiting for the 28 or 70 period to end ... see below

An application can be finalised without requesting further information

Section 54 of Migration Act (1958) which is part of the “Code of procedure for dealing fairly,

efficiently and quickly with visa applications” provides for decision-makers to finalise an

application without seeking further submissions from an applicant where an application can be

finalised based on the information already submitted to the department.

We were asked for more information - we uploaded this the following day. We then replied to the email they had sent us confirming we had uploaded the information and saying if there was any further information they required please let us know. They haven't but replied asking for our medicals - we have done this and again confirmed to them on email that we had had them and when they should be receiving them (also uploaded the receipts onto our application). Now just waiting for finalisation.

We have found DIAC very good on the communication - replying to our emails within a couple of working days. Perhaps we have just been lucky in getting a great Case Officer.

My advice would be (if not already done) is do what they ask you to do as soon as possible and confirm via email that you have done this - your file will remain at the top of their pile!

Good luck

Guest bentkitty
We have found DIAC very good on the communication - replying to our emails within a couple of working days. Perhaps we have just been lucky in getting a great Case Officer.

Yes, you have been lucky.

Guest Carolm

Hi Same here too - I'm waiting for a 457 visa and my CO has confirmed they don't require any further info and that my medicals etc are all finalised but because my sponser put a start date of 7 Sep 09 on my nomination they can only give a decision 4 weeks prior to this date - so I have to wait until 7 Aug for a decision despite them having all the info - this doesn't give us much time to sort out everything that needs sorting before we go -- very frustrating

Hope you hear something soon

Carol

We were asked for more information - we uploaded this the following day. We then replied to the email they had sent us confirming we had uploaded the information and saying if there was any further information they required please let us know. They haven't but replied asking for our medicals - we have done this and again confirmed to them on email that we had had them and when they should be receiving them (also uploaded the receipts onto our application). Now just waiting for finalisation.

My advice would be (if not already done) is do what they ask you to do as soon as possible and confirm via email that you have done this - your file will remain at the top of their pile!

Good luck

Hi Peeka thanks for that I was wondering about contacting DIAC but we have used an agent so the email address is a little confusing. the only email address we have is something like aspc.region.2 @immi.gov.au, Did you actually have an email address specific to your case officer?? Our agent has been good but insists that we just wait and wait and wait. I am very impatient and sick of waiting lol :arghh: Thanks again Sam

Hiya

I submitted, in person, a Prospective Marriage Visa on the 10th June and have not been allocated a C/O as yet. I paid the money there and then but another person from PIO who went in the day after was allocated a C/O shortly afterwards. I asked Immigration and they said it takes 10 working days and the applications are done on a alphabetical order (don't know if this means eg A -D, E- H, etc or some other system.

Is this the norm? We're due to get married in September but the way it's looking it won't be happening then. :sad:

Smiler (usually at least)

It depends on where you lodged the visa application. Was it in London or another part of the world? All the offices have different processing times. One cannot generalise. In Sydney they are taking 6 mths but people on PIO have mentioned London is usually very fast--just a couple of weeks etc...

Hello

I lodged it, in person, in London and was given receipt but it has been 2 weeks and no case officer. I got another email today from Immi saying I would be allocated a C/O by the end of this week.

I reckon I will have to be changing the marriage date as I doubt they will get it all approved before mid August which is when I wanted to go for the wedding at the beginning of Sept. Ho hum!

3go2Perth, thanks for sharing the frustration with me - it makes me feel I am not alone on this one. :)

Smiler

Guest cuba267

Has anyone who is waiting patiently been in contact with a case officer who has mentioned this 1st july date?

July 1 is merely the beginning of the new financial year in Australia--when people are hoping that with a new crop of visas under a new cap then visas will be processed. It remains to be seen what happens on or soon after July 1. I can't imagine that just because July 1 rolls around that all of a sudden a bunch of visas will be granted that day, unless the cap has been reached and some visa applications have basically been approved but cannot be formally approved until the new financial year begins.

Guest mandisfam
July 1 is merely the beginning of the new financial year in Australia--when people are hoping that with a new crop of visas under a new cap then visas will be processed. It remains to be seen what happens on or soon after July 1. I can't imagine that just because July 1 rolls around that all of a sudden a bunch of visas will be granted that day, unless the cap has been reached and some visa applications have basically been approved but cannot be formally approved until the new financial year begins.

It is a bit like the first few days of July. I remember this time last year on PIO, so many were waiting, waiting for the 1st July and as soon as it turn the 1st July, that first week of July, there would be a few posts each day with people saying they had got there visa. So not everyone will hear on the 1st July, but a lot are issued during the first week of July.

It is not necessary the quota being up for this visa year, just that what few they may have left are kept back for high risk cases for example those who are in oz and have travel arrangements booked to be offshore for the visa grant. Of course it seems the odd one or two low risk applications are slipping the net and this it what is causing the confusing.

Mandisfam

Archived