Cheapest Make Of Car?

emmaj

Can anyone tell me what the cheapest make of car is in Oz? We only want to buy a small car and as we know nothing about cars, think that buying new might be the safest option for us.

Any advice would be fantastic

Thanks

Emma

x

Guest Lyndhurst

like the sound of this.... we too will be lookig for a cheap small car for me and my 17 year old to learn in (god help us lol) therefor not brand new!!!!!!

sorry cant help but any info would be great.

Guest guest30038

The Getz and the Yaris are becoming very popular...............I'd go for one of them if I could, but I need a fourby to pull the boat.

kev

Guest JoanneHattersley

My Echo is perfect! Like a little bumper car for me! Mark has a jackaoo 4x4.

Guest Vim Fuego
I fancy a Kia Sportage - anyone got one or know of any problems with them.

I used to work for Mazda/KIA in the UK and I'd buy a Mazda but not a Kia ... just based on the reports I got from the employees that had discounted Kias as company cars.

The build quality wasn't all that flash and there were a lot of warranty claims (I know because my system used to process them).

T'was a long time ago though, doubtless things have changed (9 years).

Loved my MX-5 ... sigh ... drive an MG now, which rattles a LITTLE more :smile:

Thanks guys - heard they're bringing a new model out next year ... don't want to pay loads of money for a new car - drive 'cos I have to and not 'cos I enjoy it .... also liked the look of the suzuki 4x 4wd ... but I have to say i'm a proper girl and go for what something looks like rather than what it can do.

Ali

Guest Vim Fuego
Thanks guys - heard they're bringing a new model out next year ... don't want to pay loads of money for a new car - drive 'cos I have to and not 'cos I enjoy it .... also liked the look of the suzuki 4x 4wd ... but I have to say i'm a proper girl and go for what something looks like rather than what it can do.

Ali

My mate had a Vitara ... not only that but he replaced one with another 2 years later ... horrible thing it was ... needed a degree in origami to put the roof up.

Then again, if you REALLY want to car that's all show and no go then maybe a Toyota RAV4 is the way to go?

Guest proud2beaussie

About 4 years ago I bought a new Mazda 3 series,after returning it to the dealers 6 times within the first 3 months of ownership with various problems including a heater that never worked and a persistent diff whine I gave up and gave them the keys back and had my money refunded,it was a lemon and Mazda,to their credit admitted it,but I would never buy another one.

Guest SamleadeR
I like my Toyota Echo ( now the Yaris)

WOow and my car Toyota Echo,but I want to sell it :nah:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tim henderson

henderson cars in mooloolaba have a range of fully workshop tested second hand cars priced from $4000 to $20000 all vehicles are inspected by the racq.

Guest Vim Fuego
henderson cars in mooloolaba have a range of fully workshop tested second hand cars priced from $4000 to $20000 all vehicles are inspected by the racq.

Any connection Tim? :biggrin:

Guest tim henderson

connected yes i own the biz and have sold loads and loads of vehicles to many new arrivals here on the sunshine coast.

And don't forget the new Chinese cars are on their way here, they have had a good write up by some of the car mags, and one (?) of them may be under $10,000 - I don't have any links, sorry, just read about them in the car section of the daily paper here, but they may make an impact too. We'll see I guess. I turned my head the other day to look at the new Suzuki (looks like half car/half 4WD - or it could be AWD? Not a car expert...!) it is not cheap though ($22,000 ish) without on road costs. Cute little vehicle though.

Guest homeiswheretheheartis

Hi all,

My husband and I did something very foolish. We looked at prices of cars on the net before we came out, thought 'Pah - too expensive, we'll take our own car' then regretted it as soon as the car arrived.

Why? Well...

1) It was a FORD Galaxy. We loved our car and brought it cos it only had 30k on the clock. The don't have those here. We thought it didn't matter. Thought it would last forever...

2) It didn't like the journey and was quite 'broken' when we got it out of its container.

3) It cost us $4800 to get it fixed

4) Cos no one knew what kind of crazy car it was and had not idea of how to fix it, it was never really 'fixed'

5) We got some parts shipped across and the post and packaging cost more than the parts.

6) We took it to an auto electrician who made it worse (some buttons were put on back to front and dashboard lights were permanently on...)

7) The battery keeps draining

8) We have had an isolating switch put on...

9) The windows have stopped working...

8) We are FOOLS I say, FOOLS!

Is there anyone out there with any suggestions or someone who can HELP?

Thank you for taking the time to listen to my very humble woes.

we have a mitshubishi Magna station wagon (estate) for sale, weve just bought a AUDI 90 as my oh is an Audi Machanic, AND ALSAYS HAD Audi's in the uk, The Magna is lovely in Metalic silver and is only 8yrs old, first registered in 2001, weve had it for 6mths and would make an excellant family car, any enquirys please pm us and i will email you some pictures.WE LIVE IN DONCASTER EAST MELBOURNE (ABOVE AVERAGE KM BUT COMES WITH FULL SERVICE HISTORY we are just down sizeing as was ideal for loading when we first set up home)

Archived