goodbye Australia

Guest nikkichap

Guest snow white

two more days nikki then your back on the plane and back in uk make sure you let us know how things are going when you get back

lesley x

Guest nikkichap
two more days nikki then your back on the plane and back in uk make sure you let us know how things are going when you get back

lesley x

Yes, 2 more sleeps. Will do an update when I get back.:hug:

Guest kdal

Hi Nikki, Wishing you and your family love, luck & happiness in the UK.

All the very best Kimx

Guest rainbeau

Good luck with your return to the uk I am sure it will be fine xxxx look forward to reading an update xx

Guest fruitcakechic

Hi I'm planning on returning home at the end of June, have only been here since January and shipped all belonings over from the UK, need to sell everything so if anyone is interested please let me know,

Myra

Guest kdal
Hi I'm planning on returning home at the end of June, have only been here since January and shipped all belonings over from the UK, need to sell everything so if anyone is interested please let me know,

Myra

Hi Myra, Whereabouts are you in Australia? PIO has a shed where you can put your goods for sale

Good luck

Guest fruitcakechic

Hi, I'm in Gold Coast area, going home for personal reasons, however hate my job I'm a psychiatric nurse, feel totally de skilled. Also it's a true saying the grass isn't always greener, really find oz very, very boring, I'm over the sunshine now!!! Myra

I know exactly what you mean - my contract finished at work on 31st March - and I can't be bothered applying for any jobs - fed up to back teeth of 3 hour plus commute to some dismal office - a lot of Sydney people, a lot I've met through work, etc. are soooo stuck up, superficial, full of themselves.... shall I go on. I've been getting stuck into the huge task of preparing home for sale, getting quotes for shipping household stuff and pets - I just can't wait to get back (after 13 years here!!!) why did I stay so long.....guess I just got stuck but honestly haven't been happy here for years - went home to UK to stay with mum in North Wales coast last July and really did not want to come back - when got back here just wanted to stay in bed with blinds drawn all day - feeling sick in my stomach.... took about a month to get over the shock of being back here - returned to work and got on with things again - ... then during conversation with mum she said she wanted to sell her house and move nearer to town and when I said I wasn't happy here and wanted to return to UK she said she would look for a house to accommodate both of us plus my pets..... she sold her house very quickly and has bought a bungalow with a great garden 10 mins to town and 5 to beach!!! So once I've got rid of my house here in Oz I'm off - never to return.... can't really think of anything I'll miss - sick to death of piercing bright sunshine - they say you get depressed when its grey and wet in UK over Winter but I can tell you I would rather have the grey winter and distinctive seasons any day.... the whole time I haven't really made any sincere friends - I find people over here very cliquey and stuck in their little circles and treat me as some kind of 'amusement' if I get invited anywhere 'cos I'm English - have tried really hard to fit in - even joined footy comp at work and tried to take an interest in Rugby league - yawn!! Although I've got citizenship here I don't think I'll ever return not even for a holiday. You are so right - Australia is very boring if you're not into sport, outdoor activites like bushwalking, surfing, fishing, etc. and the TV sucks!!!!

Guest nikkichap

I know what you mean. Made me realise that life wasn't so bad after all! Although I didn't leave because I disliked the UK. It has made me appreciate the life we had before! Can't wait to leave. This time tomorrow I will be at the airport!

Have a great flight - and hope everything slots into place for you when you're back - they say its going to be a great summer this year... can't wait for plaice, chips and mushy peas on the seafront...... 26 degrees is more to my taste than 40!!!

Guest John Locke
I know exactly what you mean - my contract finished at work on 31st March - and I can't be bothered applying for any jobs - fed up to back teeth of 3 hour plus commute to some dismal office - a lot of Sydney people, a lot I've met through work, etc. are soooo stuck up, superficial, full of themselves.... shall I go on. I've been getting stuck into the huge task of preparing home for sale, getting quotes for shipping household stuff and pets - I just can't wait to get back (after 13 years here!!!) why did I stay so long.....guess I just got stuck but honestly haven't been happy here for years - went home to UK to stay with mum in North Wales coast last July and really did not want to come back - when got back here just wanted to stay in bed with blinds drawn all day - feeling sick in my stomach.... took about a month to get over the shock of being back here - returned to work and got on with things again - ... then during conversation with mum she said she wanted to sell her house and move nearer to town and when I said I wasn't happy here and wanted to return to UK she said she would look for a house to accommodate both of us plus my pets..... she sold her house very quickly and has bought a bungalow with a great garden 10 mins to town and 5 to beach!!! So once I've got rid of my house here in Oz I'm off - never to return.... can't really think of anything I'll miss - sick to death of piercing bright sunshine - they say you get depressed when its grey and wet in UK over Winter but I can tell you I would rather have the grey winter and distinctive seasons any day.... the whole time I haven't really made any sincere friends - I find people over here very cliquey and stuck in their little circles and treat me as some kind of 'amusement' if I get invited anywhere 'cos I'm English - have tried really hard to fit in - even joined footy comp at work and tried to take an interest in Rugby league - yawn!! Although I've got citizenship here I don't think I'll ever return not even for a holiday. You are so right - Australia is very boring if you're not into sport, outdoor activites like bushwalking, surfing, fishing, etc. and the TV sucks!!!!

I`ve been here seven years and hopefully will be up for parole soon. You sound so frustrated, how on earth have you managed to stay here this long?

• 4 weeks later...

I hope all goes well,you are repeating our journey of 94.

If family and friends are your no1 priority,its the right decision.

I swapped e mails with your wife, as we were considering coming back to bunbury at the time.........it doesnt take long for the things that really matter to come into sharp focus.

Good luck ...... I hope to be going home one day.....no change that I will be....agree with everything you said about oz...though I will miss circular quay and I do love the tranquility and ruggedness of the bush.....but thats all !!!!! x x

Guest Three Lions
It's my final few days in Australia, I leave onThursday. It has been a rollercoaster few months. For most of my time in Australia I have been thinking about home and i couldn't get out of my head around all the things we had left behind and it made me realise we did have a great life before. It got quite depressing at times thinking about it and I did have some dark times. We had swaped a great life for a bland just getting throught the day life. The things we missed about home which may be stupid to some people we knew we would never be able to be replaced in OZ. Tried to make the most of it but we knew we were just going through the motions. I never felt settled here and it didn't even begin to feel like a place I could make our home. It took a lot of talking and weighing up to get to the point where a decsion was made about me retuning with my boys and my hubby joining us in a few months. It tore at my heart to agree as we came together and wanted to leave together.

Now it's only a few days till the off I have constant butterflies in my stomach. I am excited to go back but scared at the same time. I am trying not to think about the weeks maybe months apart from hubby as I know I will miss him but I also know how lonely he will be without us. He tells me not to worry but how can I not? I know we will stay in contact constantly but knowing that my life is getting back to normal and his is left in limbo is hard to think about.

It's not all been bad. We have been on some nice days out and have just spent 4 days touring the Whitsunday Islands and had a fab family time. But looking a head there is so much more to look forward to.

Just want to wish everyone luck on their journey's. I hope those that are wanting to go home, get to do so soon.

Nikki:smile:

Are you from Crawley, West Sussex?! Me too!

Guest Three Lions
I`ve been here seven years and hopefully will be up for parole soon.

Ha!!!! Genius!!!!! :biglaugh:

Hi Nikki

I just wondered how you're doing now you're back. We've chatted before on other threads all about going home (where I am now).

Things for me are really good now I'm back in the UK, the 7 months I did in oz were long and slow and the 7 months since being home soooo quick. Australia was ok but no great improvement on our families lives!

My kids are back at their old nursery and settled in like they'd never been gone, they're thriving there.

Friends and family are the same and we've even made a load of new friends along the way.

I think I told you that my husband had stayed in oz, well he's back now and back to work. He says that even the underground seems to have improved (or maybe he'd imagined it being worse than it is).

We rented our house out and thankfully all it needed was a good clean.

As people have said the weather here is going to be great this summer so we're in no rush to go anywhere.

We promised to make the most of what we've got here and we're trying. We've been in to London (Hamleys) with the kids, gone to Manchester for a weekend visiting family, we're planning a weekend in France and much more, it's all so easy as it's on our doorstep!

Anyway, this wasn't meant to be about me and my story - how are you Nikki???

Archived