What's the time scale for dog treatment?

Dawny

Can anyone tell me what the time scale is from when your dog has his first treatment with the vet before he puts his big fat paddy paws on the plane!. Can't seem to find a web link that gives you the break down on treatment!

Many thanks x

I think you need to contact one of the pet travel companies. They will sort all this out for you and book your place in the quarantine station. You need to give LOTS of notice of that as they get very booked up.

All the info you need is on this site

Bringing Cats and Dogs and other pets to Australia - DAFF

Hope that helps.

By the way, you don't need to do the pet passport thing unless you are bringing the dog back to UK.

Great thread Dawn, I visited my vet recently & asked the same question, but the receptionist wasnt 100% & gave me Defra's number

However she gave me the impression my dogs would need Rabies vaccinations, but reading this info, it appears this is not the case? :confused:

I will make the call to Defra next week to be certain

How old is your dog Dawn?

Great thread Dawn, I visited my vet recently & asked the same question, but the receptionist wasnt 100% & gave me Defra's number

However she gave me the impression my dogs would need Rabies vaccinations, but reading this info, it appears this is not the case? :confused:

I will make the call to Defra next week to be certain

How old is your dog Dawn?

Hi Kelly, We have the two mad dogs, Murphy is 4 years old and Ralphy is just over a year, They are brothers, and both very dumb lol.

As they are in the uk they are classed as category 2, i have found a list of all the jabs etc they need, Will send you the link hun, What about yours how old? xx

Hi Kelly, We have the two mad dogs, Murphy is 4 years old and Ralphy is just over a year, They are brothers, and both very dumb lol.

As they are in the uk they are classed as category 2, i have found a list of all the jabs etc they need, Will send you the link hun, What about yours how old? xx

Thanks, the link would be so helpfull :notworthy:

We have two dogs also, one will be 10 in July & the other is 8 in September! :cute:

hi kelly , pet pasport 6 months before you leave uk.. (rabies) will allow you to bring the dog back if you need to, also you can get it done here in australia , your dog does the 6 months here in australia or can go into quarantine for part of it , if you have the passport or rabies all sorted then they go straight back into the uk ..just top up with the vaccine every year , we have had our dog jack done this side, never say never x

Archived