Car hire for 1st week in Brisbane ??????

Guest Betty Boops

Guest Betty Boops

Hi, we received our 175 visas on Thursday (we're the Bartons on the 175 timeline).

Flights are booked for mid June, we have an apartment booked for 1 week at Kangaroo Point near central Brisbane.

Can anyone recommend a car hire company which offers good rates, we will also want to rent a Sat Nav. If anyone can also recommend areas where there are used car dealerships that would be much appreciated.

Guest valleylass

We used a car hire firm who were local (i.e. not a chain) and had offices at the airport and in the city, I'm really sorry I can't remember the name but they were excellent. I had found them just by googling when we were in Brisbane. Good rates, decent cars and efficient service. I'm not sure how well you know Brisbane but if you are in the city the public transport is really good.

Good luck

valleylass

To answer the second part of your question, there's an area of Brisbane known as "The Magic Mile" which is basically Ipswich Road as it passes through Moorooka which is wall to wall car dealerships. Obviously there are lots of others dotted around the city but if you want a single stop where you see thousands of cars and compare prices, the magic mile is probably the place to go.

Bob

Archived