SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Southern Cross

Hi Tomo

Yes initially application went in end March but OH couldn't fit in meds till end April and then we heard 1st May that meds had been received. I know it could take a while but think that it might be a good idea for OH to ring CO soon to find out what is going on. Have a trip booked for summer to validate his visa but at this rate he will be lucky! Fingers crossed!

Guest j00ls

hmmm - you want to talk unlucky?

Applied: 04 October 08

Payment Taken: 05 Oct 08

First C/O contact: 12 Oct 08

Extra requested info sent: 03 Nov 08

nothing...nothing...nothing...emails sent...nothing...phone calls made...nothing

Feb 09 - email advising that we now have a new c/o and that they had no record of our extra info sent in. Then we sent snotty email advising that we had sent package via special delivery and was confirmed as delivered - even had Aus. high commission stamp online.

mar 09 - c/o requested more info

nothing...nothing...nothing...

may 09 - called to let c/o know that partners police check was due to expire in June and that we were sending another one in.

jun 09 - case officer says she has everything she needs and it's a "waiting game"

Has so far not given any reason as to why the application is taking so long - we think because my partner was born in a foreign country - but of course they won't tell us this.

Meds are due to expire in Sep and it's hard to keep forking out money for nothing.

We are currently living in our house on a month to month rental agreement in the hopes that we will hear something soon. Fingers Crossed.

Guest tomo66

j00ls, is your partner a British citizen? If not that will be the the cause of the delay I think, sounds like a nightmare. I think that they are checking things more closely as you may be applying from London but the partner is really from elsewhere?

Guest tomo66

my wife was born elsewhere also, but is a british citizen, hope that doesnt mean I will get the same problem, I believe that you pulled a short straw with your c/o, you applied last October!? outrageous.

Guest j00ls

Tell me about it - and there's absolutely nothing we can do. It's completely out of our hands. I think having a change of case officer and having them temporarily lose our documents didn't help.

All the best with your application!

Guest scc36

I have just spoken to Australian High Commission in London and the lady that I spoke to said that spousal visas are definately taking up to the full 4 months at the moment!! I just hope that 4 months is all we have to wait as reading the earlier posts I am getting worried it may take even longer! Does anyone know of any visas that have been issued in the last few weeks???

Guest tomo66

to scc6, yes there have been 2 or 3 apps approved in the last few weeks, and they were done ranging from 4 to 10 weeks, so if you were meticulous with your info and docs you could also get a faster approval, it all depends on your c/o, how good your case looks to them, workload, having a squeaky clean police and health check, no blemishes, whether you have a child, how long you have been together etc, hope this helps, try to honestly eliminate any possible reasons for a delay and base your expected turn around on that.

Guest scc36
to scc6, yes there have been 2 or 3 apps approved in the last few weeks, and they were done ranging from 4 to 10 weeks, so if you were meticulous with your info and docs you could also get a faster approval, it all depends on your c/o, how good your case looks to them, workload, having a squeaky clean police and health check, no blemishes, whether you have a child, how long you have been together etc, hope this helps, try to honestly eliminate any possible reasons for a delay and base your expected turn around on that.

Thanks for that - we should be fine I think - we have been married for 10 years and have two children no police records and medicals were all passed. They have also told us that they have everything that they need from us - so I guess I just need to be patient and Hopefully that email will arrive soon!!!

Guest tomo66

no worries scc36, my timeline so far is,

24th april sent app and medicals

28th money taken

11th may confirmation email and request for police checks and form 80

13th may sent police checks and form 80

21st called c/o, no update, had not opened my mail yet

29th may emailed to find out if she had opened mail, got email back saying that she had and was processing extra info.

about 1st june, email from c/o asking for my son`s medical, emailed her back to say it was sent the same time, her mistake

about 6th june email confirming she has everything but will ask if she needs anything else

So thats it, basically has everything, she stated that all apps are taking the full 12 weeks, but that she was happy with my "relationship evidence", so now I am hoping I will get a yes before the end of this month, atleast there has been some communication, and I am impatiently waiting!

Guest scc36

We are pretty much the same time as you our time line is as follows:

Sent everything (semi frontloaded) on 29th April

Email from c/o 1 may asking for medicals (had already been completed but had just not been received yet

Emailed c/o to check he had received everything. He said he had everything he needed and would contact us in due course!!

Like you I am hoping to get a reply soon as my husband has got a job interview and a visa would be very useful!!!!!!

Guest weebs
Tell me about it - and there's absolutely nothing we can do. It's completely out of our hands. I think having a change of case officer and having them temporarily lose our documents didn't help.

All the best with your application!

Hi Jools, I remember you from back in October - that's when I put in my first application too and I think we emailed each other on a forum back then. We had a difficult time as well and because my OH's UK visa was about to run out and we wanted to stay together we ended up withdrawing our application and I went over to Oz on a six-month tourist visa. I've now come back alone to reapply. I think we have a far better case this time so fingers crossed it's a very different matter. I can't believe you have been going through all that ever since then, I really do wish you all the best. I know it will all be worth it when you get that email! Keep positive x

Guest scotslad

New to the forum and am currently suffering death by anticipation while I await my spouse visa being processed.

I take it everyone else shares my frustration at being able to order a DVD and follow it's process from ordering, through paying, packing and despatch and yet applying for a visa can offer no better feedback than "visa processing is currently taking 3 - 4 months".

Gutted to still be in the UK.

Guest scotslad

Hi bubba911

Application submitted 24-Apr front-loaded with police checks. Med done and passed in Perth, WA in Feb but they screwed up the sending of the results to London and so they didn't get there till 09-May.

C/O says they have everything they need from me but sticks to the party line when prompted for likely turnaround time.

My wife is heading out tomorrow to set things up and get a job and I'm stuck in Glasgow waiting...and waiting.....and waiting!

Guest Undecided!

Hi - time for me to add my stats:

2/6/09 - Application mailed

4/6/09 - Payment taken

12/6/09 - Still waiting......

Doesn't look like London is processing as quickly as the past... Feeling nervous as flights are already booked for 6/9/09....

Here's keeping my fingers crossed....! :unsure:

Guest Southern Cross
southern cross, what is OH?

Other Half! - sorry, thought I'd quoted your question above but clearly didn't, so now everyone will wonder what I'm on about!!!:embarrassed:

Guest tomo66

hi there folks, I am now into my 8th week waiting, i used a migration agent, thinking that it might make things faster, wish I saved my money now, I also thought that my case was more complicated than usual, never mind, it did save a bit of stress.

no updates I take it?

Guest scotslad

My 8th week as well. Get mildly excited every time I get notification of a new email thinking maybe it's the visa this time......usually only to find it's junk :-(

My 8th week as well. Get mildly excited every time I get notification of a new email thinking maybe it's the visa this time......usually only to find it's junk :-(

I, too, am a member of the 8th week gang and can totally understand the feelings. I also get mildly excited everytime I hear that new email noise!! 9/10 times it is junk too!:arghh:

Guest tomo66

I just sent an email to the c/o, asking for a progress report, still getting the same line, "all applications are taking the full 12 weeks", yours will be ready in July and now I am really starting to believe that!

Guest Emcooper

i emailed our CO a week ago to ask if they required any more info as we hadnt heard anything for a while. Havent had anything back....