SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest bu22inb
Hallo fellow pozzies to be! Got an e-mail today to say all info is complete and we should be receiving our visa grant around the 15th of November. OMG :biglaugh: We submitted all our information around the 24th of June !

Not sure if i should laugh or cry!!!

Our case officer was s.v by the way if anyone is on a similar time line!

Wow...thats briliant. we lodged ours on the 24th june too. and we have SV as a co!!! When did u do your medicals??? i tryted ringing Sv today to inform her we have booked our flights... but was no answer:( i hope to recieve an email like yours soon... thats fab!!! congrats :)

Hallo fellow pozzies to be! Got an e-mail today to say all info is complete and we should be receiving our visa grant around the 15th of November. OMG :biglaugh: We submitted all our information around the 24th of June !

Not sure if i should laugh or cry!!!

Our case officer was s.v by the way if anyone is on a similar time line!

Well done!! We had SV and the same timeline, from our experience and others before me don't do your head in (and ur other half!) by repeatidly checking your email. :mad:

She's very thorough and doesn't grant early from what Ive seen and it will be on or just after the date she's given you so chillax and ride out the wait!! :biggrin:

Guest leedslad

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but just wanted to let everyone know about my visa application (De Facto Subclass 280/309). As you can see from my signature, I applied 2nd May (well, that's when the money was taken), and I have been assigned DP.

All that has been requested so far was for the medical, which I passed, and I have been sending more continuing evidence most months (as my fiancee is in Australia and it's additional proof that the relationship is continuing).

I have not hear anything from him, other than confirmation that he receives the info I send.

Hoping to hear soon and be in Canberra for December.

Paul

Guest leedslad
Hate to break the bad news, but I think it was just as bad sorting out Satch as assembling the evidence for hubbies spouse visa!

We're going via a pet-travel agent (jets4pets) and they're sorting it all. Best advice i have is to get as many quotes as you can and challenge anything you're not sure about - but most of all, go with your gut. Fingers crossed Satch passes her blood tests or I'll be absolutely gutted :(

She's a rescue dog - trying to figure out how to attach another photo from today but failing miserably :)

Hello JoandJon,

I read your post with interest as I'm currently awaiting my visa approval, and have two dogs to fly to Oz with me, and also found jets4pets very helpful (and they are local, and were recommended by my vet).

I assume you've been happy with jets4pets so far?

Paul

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but just wanted to let everyone know about my visa application (De Facto Subclass 280/309). As you can see from my signature, I applied 2nd May (well, that's when the money was taken), and I have been assigned DP.

All that has been requested so far was for the medical, which I passed, and I have been sending more continuing evidence most months (as my fiancee is in Australia and it's additional proof that the relationship is continuing).

I have not hear anything from him, other than confirmation that he receives the info I send.

Hoping to hear soon and be in Canberra for December.

Paul

Best of luck. We had DP and the visa was approved in just under 4 months.

Wow...thats briliant. we lodged ours on the 24th june too. and we have SV as a co!!! When did u do your medicals??? i tryted ringing Sv today to inform her we have booked our flights... but was no answer:( i hope to recieve an email like yours soon... thats fab!!! congrats :)

hi, we had our medicals on the 27th July, reasonably straightforward just a few bits sent on from the gp.

good luck with it..really hope you hear soon !

Well done!! We had SV and the same timeline, from our experience and others before me don't do your head in (and ur other half!) by repeatidly checking your email. :mad:

She's very thorough and doesn't grant early from what Ive seen and it will be on or just after the date she's given you so chillax and ride out the wait!! :biggrin:

HI Adelaide! Thanks for that...useful advice! Just as a matter of interest when did you change your plans to go to Mandurah? Thought you were off to Adelaide? Just nosing as we are all over the place with where to go! Have still got the house to sell so very frustrating but hoping to all be out there by next april may at the latest!

HI Adelaide! Thanks for that...useful advice! Just as a matter of interest when did you change your plans to go to Mandurah? Thought you were off to Adelaide? Just nosing as we are all over the place with where to go! Have still got the house to sell so very frustrating but hoping to all be out there by next april may at the latest!

Last weekend actually!! and now we have decided it makes perfect sense, my OH's mum had to have an emergency life saving opperation back in June and she wanted to be a little closer to her. We spoke to her Sister who's already living in Mandurah and she convinced us it wasn't that expensive down there plus both of us love it there and she'll only be an hour away from her mum shoudl she need her. When we did the sums it was actually cheaper to rent in Mandurah than Adelaide so win win!!

Both really excited and can't wait to fly early January!! :jiggy:

Where about's did you decide to live in the end?

Guest leedslad

Well, I finally had the phone call from DP today, and my visa has been approved!!

I have to arrive by the end of Nov, so tomorrow I shall be booking my flights!

Well, I finally had the phone call from DP today, and my visa has been approved!!

congrats. I wish they'd get on with mine. I emailed my co at the weekend asking about going over on my tourist visa but not heard back yet. And no indication of a date yet either.

Guest COOKIE50

Good luck on your big move, how come you have to be there by Nov, that is quick :biggrin:

Guest COOKIE50
Congratulations :jiggy:

Has it sunk in yet? Hopefully mine is on the way too!

No not really, so much to think about and do now. I am sure you will get yours this week.:shocked:

Guest leedslad
Good luck on your big move, how come you have to be there by Nov, that is quick :biggrin:

Just leaving Glasgow as we speak Cookie. I've been working at Hampden tonight!

Anyway, apparently I have to be there before the end of Nov as that's when my medical expires :-/ I'm not complaining anyway, as it now means I can moved forward with my plans and get my ticket booked!

Hello JoandJon,

I read your post with interest as I'm currently awaiting my visa approval, and have two dogs to fly to Oz with me, and also found jets4pets very helpful (and they are local, and were recommended by my vet).

I assume you've been happy with jets4pets so far?

Paul

Hi Paul,

Grats on your visa first of all!! Exciting times :)

I've been very happy with Jets4Pets so far, no question is too dumb for Sam to answer. Although obviously the proof will be in the outcome I guess! If you check out their facebook page you can see photos of the kennels they use (and a couple of our viscous attack labrador!)

Cheers

Guest COOKIE50
Just leaving Glasgow as we speak Cookie. I've been working at Hampden tonight!

Anyway, apparently I have to be there before the end of Nov as that's when my medical expires :-/ I'm not complaining anyway, as it now means I can moved forward with my plans and get my ticket booked!

All the best from a Glasgow lass. :jiggy:

Guest shanoebs

hey guys, I am getting to the impatient stage now... Its been 3 months and 11 days since we lodged. Still havent heard a thing back.. Should we send an email asking about our progress? We have had to book flights home for the 3rd of November because of partners visa is expiring... the 5 months mark we we told it could take up to falls on the 27th October ( week before flights ) anyone think we will be ok? we have a very straight forward application.... anyone else been approved recently or waiting to be by PS??

Guest colcase

Hi Shanoebs,

We also have PS. Visa lodged/Money Taken and CO assigned 2nd June. medicals undertaken 2nd June (coincidence). Also waiting. We did get a mail from him about a month ago (after I asked how long approx) he replied he aims to have it finalised by the beginning of November. When I sent back another mail asking if they give any notice prior to issue he sent back the standard reply of 5-6mths processing. So I quickly backed away! We are hoping to book our tickets next week for around the 10th November...checking the email account approx 5 times a day....I know there is another person on our time line as well (I think a different CO). Hope this helps. Judging by those who have recently received visa approx 4 -4.5 mths. We can only wait and see. Though you could always chance your arm and give him a ring for an update..the worst he can say is 5-6 mths......:)

Guest Tillyloola

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you want any info from your CO, be proactive and call them. There not monsters (actually mine was so bloody lovely and never mined when I called only did it twice in three and a bit months though) and to be honest when you engage with them on a human level on the telephone they seem to be a lot more helpful and tend to give a little more than when your enquiry is just a number of words on a computer screen.

I don't mean that you can call them every week, month, hour. Just a very occasional one if you want an update say or you need specific clarification on something. Anything else, just e-mail. If I hadn't called for an update on my case, I would never have found out that my visa had been approved the week before and my e-mail sent to the wrong address.:smile:

Guest shanoebs
Hi Shanoebs,

We also have PS. Visa lodged/Money Taken and CO assigned 2nd June. medicals undertaken 2nd June (coincidence). Also waiting. We did get a mail from him about a month ago (after I asked how long approx) he replied he aims to have it finalised by the beginning of November. When I sent back another mail asking if they give any notice prior to issue he sent back the standard reply of 5-6mths processing. So I quickly backed away! We are hoping to book our tickets next week for around the 10th November...checking the email account approx 5 times a day....I know there is another person on our time line as well (I think a different CO). Hope this helps. Judging by those who have recently received visa approx 4 -4.5 mths. We can only wait and see. Though you could always chance your arm and give him a ring for an update..the worst he can say is 5-6 mths......:)

cheers! good to know there is someone on our timeline... I think we might leave it for another week or so then send him a quick email.. i think in my email i may mention that if we havent recieved by the 3rd of november that i will be going to wait in australia for it to come through.. will let you know of the outcome when i do send an email :)

Guest shanoebs
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you want any info from your CO, be proactive and call them. There not monsters (actually mine was so bloody lovely and never mined when I called only did it twice in three and a bit months though) and to be honest when you engage with them on a human level on the telephone they seem to be a lot more helpful and tend to give a little more than when your enquiry is just a number of words on a computer screen.

I don't mean that you can call them every week, month, hour. Just a very occasional one if you want an update say or you need specific clarification on something. Anything else, just e-mail. If I hadn't called for an update on my case, I would never have found out that my visa had been approved the week before and my e-mail sent to the wrong address.:smile:

your right, that makes sence... I will have a chat to my other half about it tonight and maybe give him a call tomorrow then :)

Guest Cymru2010

GREAT NEWS

On 1st September 2011, I had my subclass 309 visa approved.

:biggrin::cool::jiggy::spinny::laugh:

OH and I are very happy. It has taken over 12 months, lots of phone calls, emails and 3 Police checks.

This forum has been a great support when things were not going as planned. Thanks to you all, especially GeorgeD.

For those of you still waiting, stick with it. We always believed that we would get the visa, and it came thorough ..... eventually.

Guest COOKIE50
GREAT NEWS

On 1st September 2011, I had my subclass 309 visa approved.

:biggrin::cool::jiggy::spinny::laugh:

OH and I are very happy. It has taken over 12 months, lots of phone calls, emails and 3 Police checks.

This forum has been a great support when things were not going as planned. Thanks to you all, especially GeorgeD.

For those of you still waiting, stick with it. We always believed that we would get the visa, and it came thorough ..... eventually.

Good luck on your move :cool: