SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi guys, I am in the March gang too apparently!! My app was received in London on March 1, CO assigned March 2 and she requested a more recent Police cert on the same day. I am using a migration agent so the case officer doesn't communicate directly with me, therefore, I didn't see the letter which has the expected processing time!

My migration officer said that his recent app's have been approved in 3 - 4 months. So have all you guys who have applied recently been quoted 5-6 months??

Does anybody know why it takes so long? I know that there are lots of applicants but 5-6 months seems like a really long time. :spinny:

Hi guys, I am in the March gang too apparently!! My app was received in London on March 1, CO assigned March 2 and she requested a more recent Police cert on the same day. I am using a migration agent so the case officer doesn't communicate directly with me, therefore, I didn't see the letter which has the expected processing time!

My migration officer said that his recent app's have been approved in 3 - 4 months. So have all you guys who have applied recently been quoted 5-6 months??

Does anybody know why it takes so long? I know that there are lots of applicants but 5-6 months seems like a really long time. :spinny:

Hi Laura

We're not using an agent, we put it together ourselves (painful). Congrats on getting a CO! :v_SPIN:

I'm banking on a full six months, that way anything sooner will be a bonus!! :yes:

Guest sinead
Whooo on the CO, I was expecting mine today but no joy.:sad:

The medicals are easy peasy and its a great feeling when you come out being given a clean bill of health. My only problem was, I have a slight heart murmur and I had to go and see my cardiologist to get a letter to say that it's never changed, it stable and he was quite happy to discharge me. Had to pay £200 for the privilege as well (had to go see him privately rather than NHS it), but the way I see it is yes we do have to spend a lot of money on these things but you cannot put a price on piece of mind where your health is concerned.

Yeah finally a C/O!!! Have medical booked for 7th April, was the first available appointment!!!:arghh: Ah well, what can you do!! oh and its gonna cost €300!!!

FANTASTIC!! We made an appointment today for OH's medical.

IM DELIGHTED!!! Made appointment for OH today aswell bu its not till april 11th!! ugh!!!

So who is in the 'March' gang?? :cool:

Hi Laura

We're not using an agent, we put it together ourselves (painful). Congrats on getting a CO! :v_SPIN:

I'm banking on a full six months, that way anything sooner will be a bonus!! :yes:

Yeah im banking on the 6 months aswell!!! Good luck march gang!! send big :hug: to all!!!

Yeah finally a C/O!!! Have medical booked for 7th April, was the first available appointment!!!:arghh: Ah well, what can you do!! oh and its gonna cost €300!!!

Yeah im banking on the 6 months aswell!!! Good luck march gang!! send big :hug: to all!!!

That sounds about right. Ours is on 1 April and is costing £296. I think that brings the total cost of everything 'visa related'; just short of £1500... bargain!:swoon:

Big hug from me to all of you too! :hug: Sinead...your hug almost strangled me....something tells me your a *wee* bit excited! :wink:

Hey thanks for your response! Yep, I didn't think I would get a CO so quickly...but I'm not complaining either :biggrin:

She requested another police check from the UK..... Should I take this to mean that we have satisfied the relationship requirement???? or has anybody on here been asked for further relationship evidence after police checks were requested??

I find this site quite comforting, it's nice to know you are not alone :cute: x

Guest WaitingPatiently
Hey thanks for your response! Yep, I didn't think I would get a CO so quickly...but I'm not complaining either :biggrin:

She requested another police check from the UK..... Should I take this to mean that we have satisfied the relationship requirement???? or has anybody on here been asked for further relationship evidence after police checks were requested??

I find this site quite comforting, it's nice to know you are not alone :cute: x

Hi Laura, usually they wouldn't ask for police checks until you satisfy the relationship requirements so I'd take that as a good sign :biggrin:

Very exciting!! Congrats Sinead, great to see another Dublin gal in the same boat.

I'm hoping to be part of the march gang too, getting the last of the paperwork together now. Anyone know if scans of 47SP forms are acceptable? My OT is in Oz and we are lodging our application in London, it would be great to not have to fedex all the originals, but that might be wishful thinking methinks??

Are you getting your medical done anywhere in particular Sinead, do you have to provide xrays as part of it? I'm hoping my VHI might cover it, again, more wishful thinking....!

Guest LoznWill

Hi All,

We're part of the March gang too... :o)

Sent PMV app 9th March, Arrived AH 11th March.

Havent checked/heard yet whether payment gone through. I was wondering whether anyone could tell me if you recieve receipting payment, or check through your own bank?

My partner is not the most savvy computer user, so am having kittens he's missed an email. Driving him mad asking him to check!! He is soo much more patient than me.

We only front loaded with Police check, but am thinking of partner going ahead with medicals for around the 25th and hoping we've heard by then?? What do others think?

Heading to Ireland in April so at least one month will be together... :o) But so glad to know that everyone else also finds this process quite nail-biting!! lol lol

Loz n Will

Guest Lottee

I sent my application in on Monday (14th) and they processed the payment the next day! Not had any letters of confirmation yet though.

All being well we are heading to Melbourne in October.....where is everyone else going?

Guest Tillyloola
Very exciting!! Congrats Sinead, great to see another Dublin gal in the same boat.

I'm hoping to be part of the march gang too, getting the last of the paperwork together now. Anyone know if scans of 47SP forms are acceptable? My OT is in Oz and we are lodging our application in London, it would be great to not have to fedex all the originals, but that might be wishful thinking methinks??

Are you getting your medical done anywhere in particular Sinead, do you have to provide xrays as part of it? I'm hoping my VHI might cover it, again, more wishful thinking....!

I was in the same position and asked the embassy if we could just send copies and they said no because it has to be the original signature. Its so annoying but if you pay 43 aus dollars for priority posting you can get all the docs sent over within two days

Hi All,

We're part of the March gang too... :o)

Sent PMV app 9th March, Arrived AH 11th March.

Havent checked/heard yet whether payment gone through. I was wondering whether anyone could tell me if you recieve receipting payment, or check through your own bank?

My partner is not the most savvy computer user, so am having kittens he's missed an email. Driving him mad asking him to check!! He is soo much more patient than me.

We only front loaded with Police check, but am thinking of partner going ahead with medicals for around the 25th and hoping we've heard by then?? What do others think?

Heading to Ireland in April so at least one month will be together... :o) But so glad to know that everyone else also finds this process quite nail-biting!! lol lol

Loz n Will

No you don't get a receipt unless you request one, you just see the money leave the bank.

I got my CO e-mail, couldn't be happier at this point. :jiggy: I have DP apparently

I'm off to Emerald in Queensland initially as my husband works out that way but after a few months were heading to the sunshine coast. I want to move to Melbourne but my husband wont leave Queensland.

I'm off to Emerald in Queensland initially as my husband works out that way but after a few months were heading to the sunshine coast. I want to move to Melbourne but my husband wont leave Queensland.

We are going to be neighbours, if you mean Emerald Lakes! My hubby is from that area and insists it's the best place on the Gold Coast and wants us to set up home there initially.

I too would prefer Melbourne - I'm a real city girl - but hubby can't stand the place and doesn't want to leave Qld either.

What is it with these Aussie Men???

Looks like there are quite a few of us in March!!! If you then consider how many people dont go on forums, I now realise why it takes them 6 months to consider the visas....they must be really, really busy!

We are going to live with my sister on the sunshine coast and then plan to live in the north lakes area. :smile:

Guest rickpresti

Thought I would give a update on my situation

11/02 - Application Sent (Fully Loaded - Medicals & Police Checks)

14/02 - Money taken

18/02 - Case officer replied asking for more docs

10/03 - Sent further Docs

16/03 - CO confirmed no more information required, gave a date of 15/06/2011 for Residency to be approved.

Puts it around the 4 month mark at the moment for the London office, I would say my application was relatively straight forward as we were living in OZ as well, so had joint bank accounts and rental agreements stretching over a year

Not in a rush to move over, but always good to sort it out earlier, plan to head back to Sydney after the London Olympics!!

Thought I would give a update on my situation

11/02 - Application Sent (Fully Loaded - Medicals & Police Checks)

14/02 - Money taken

18/02 - Case officer replied asking for more docs

10/03 - Sent further Docs

16/03 - CO confirmed no more information required, gave a date of 15/06/2011 for Residency to be approved.

Puts it around the 4 month mark at the moment for the London office, I would say my application was relatively straight forward as we were living in OZ as well, so had joint bank accounts and rental agreements stretching over a year

Not in a rush to move over, but always good to sort it out earlier, plan to head back to Sydney after the London Olympics!!

Great to see how quickly its all happened for you!! By the looks of things, no messing about at all! So I take it the date they gave you means you'll be approved?? I cant understand why they cant just give you the approval on the spot if they have already said they will approve it! :err:

Guest rickpresti

I agree, I didnt realise they would give a specific date, it sounds like everything is ok (dont want to jinx myself). But I agree why cant they just give it now, its like they stick a date in there Outlook calender and when it flashes up they approve!! I guess my case could be more straight forward than others which could take longer or need more investigating. As I was sponsored there previosuly I guess could have helped, who knows its a crazy system!!

I agree, I didnt realise they would give a specific date, it sounds like everything is ok (dont want to jinx myself). But I agree why cant they just give it now, its like they stick a date in there Outlook calender and when it flashes up they approve!! I guess my case could be more straight forward than others which could take longer or need more investigating. As I was sponsored there previosuly I guess could have helped, who knows its a crazy system!!

Lucky you getting an estimated date on approval : ) How long have you been with your partner? I'm curious now as to what was in the letter from my case officer.... the migration agent we used doesn't share much information with us, he only communicates with us when he absolutely has to! It's quite frustrating because I am always in suspense :arghh:

Guest rickpresti
Lucky you getting an estimated date on approval : ) How long have you been with your partner? I'm curious now as to what was in the letter from my case officer.... the migration agent we used doesn't share much information with us, he only communicates with us when he absolutely has to! It's quite frustrating because I am always in suspense :arghh:

We have been together 3 years living together for 2 years, most of that time was in Australia.

I think 4-6 months is the waiting time in general. We will see in June if it gets approved by that date.

I would ask your agent to forward you all e-mails that immigration give you, your entitled to see it, the standard response is up to 6 months!

If you've paid the agent to act on your behalf and communicate with you, I'd be demanding more than that!! This is the second time I've seen someone say the agent only talks to them when they have to. I'm not saying they should be a counselling service, but surely they should be giving you a little update regularly? You've paid them your hard earned money afterall...

Either way Laura k....I'm still on the edge too, and I didnt use an agent. :laugh:It is a painstaking process waiting on something that you have no guarantees of receiving. :wideeyed:

If you've paid the agent to act on your behalf and communicate with you, I'd be demanding more than that!! This is the second time I've seen someone say the agent only talks to them when they have to. I'm not saying they should be a counselling service, but surely they should be giving you a little update regularly? You've paid them your hard earned money afterall...

The really of the situation is that once the application is submitted and the evidence, medicals, police certificate are supplied there is very little for the agent to update you about. The agent knows that the case officer will ask if more information if it is required. They also know that there is no point hassling the case officer for a status. :cool:

The really of the situation is that once the application is submitted and the evidence, medicals, police certificate are supplied there is very little for the agent to update you about. The agent knows that the case officer will ask if more information if it is required. They also know that there is no point hassling the case officer for a status. :cool:

Thats true.

Peach, with regard to UK police checks, what service did you use. We are sending the forms on Monday and I notice there is 'normal' or 'priority' service. Tempted to use the priority service...:unsure:

I used the normal service. Why waste your money on priority when it is only going to sit in a pile at Australia House waiting for someone to look at it?

P.S. I speak from bitter experience of hassling my CO and agent almost daily. I didn't get my visa a day quicker than had been promised. Just stressed myself out for no good reason.

Guest sinead

Hi Pinup,

your a dub aswell!! yay!! the only place that does the medical is the matter private and its €300!!:arghh:

i sent my whole application registered post with an post and it was €18. You dont send any originals in.. only certified copies of everything?? and never thought to check me VHI, maybe it will cover it!! good luck!!

I posted the forms and the evidence recorded delivery with An Post to be on the safe side. I didn't send any original documents, just got the photocopies certified by a guard (poor guy, it took him about half an hour to go through the mountain of documents I had as evidence). I only posted my application on 14/3 so am waiting patiently for a reply from Australia House. The Australian Consulate in Dublin charge €20 to certify EACH document whereas the guards do it free of charge, what a rip off!!

I posted the forms and the evidence recorded delivery with An Post to be on the safe side. I didn't send any original documents, just got the photocopies certified by a guard (poor guy, it took him about half an hour to go through the mountain of documents I had as evidence). I only posted my application on 14/3 so am waiting patiently for a reply from Australia House. The Australian Consulate in Dublin charge €20 to certify EACH document whereas the guards do it free of charge, what a rip off!!

20E per document? :no: yikes.

my boss did mine for free. although I'm sure she'd probably strangle me if I asked her to certify anything else. :laugh:

When does everyone want to be in Australia by (obviously pending a VISA approval). We're aiming for the end of November.