SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest sinead
Hi, did you check that you had the latest forms before submitting? I know that the forms changed in April 2010.

Yeah!! thanks anyways though!!! we printed them off but dont know where i put them so printed new ones!! :biggrin:

Yeah!! thanks anyways though!!! we printed them off but dont know where i put them so printed new ones!! :biggrin:

Whew so glad, I was debating whether or not to mention it because if you hadn't printed off new forms it would have been a very long Sunday for you I am sure.

Posted my spouse visa app today all front loaded!!! how long r they taking to process? and how soon do u get a CO? we plan to go to SA all being well :biggrin:

Somewhere between 4 and 6 months to be processed. Usually get a CO in around 10 days. Best of luck :biggrin:

Guest Savannah1

Hi guys

Just wondered who has had there visa processed faster than the 5/6 month timeline as trying to work out odds! I know its a long shot but emailed WP who has taken over from JF and she is continuing with the 5 - 6 month line. Is this normal even when they then process them quicker?

Thank you !

Guest sinead
Whew so glad, I was debating whether or not to mention it because if you hadn't printed off new forms it would have been a very long Sunday for you I am sure.

:biglaugh::biglaugh: I will admit i did just double check my forms!! but thanks anyways!!!

Hi guys, just adding my stats... Spouse visa app received in London 01/03/11, front loaded with meds, police checks and Form 80. Case officer contacted my MA on 03/03/11 requesting an additional police cert (because the one I provided will be out of date this May) The new cert is now on it's way to London.

I was surprised that they requested an additional police check so soon. Wouldn't it make more sense to make sure I meet the legislative requirements first, then request the police check?

Laura

Guest sinead
We got our case officer today!! YAY!! :wink:

YAY for you!!!:wink: delighted!! hopefully that means i might get one tomorrow!! who did you get??

Guest sinead
You will! We got AH.

It was snowing here again today...cant wait for QLD weather! :laugh:

LOL!!! just ignore my DM then!! a ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink: its all go go go now!!!

Guest Tillyloola

Hi just reading the thread and it looks like there are a bunch of us that have applied with in days of each other, could be good to have people in the same part of the queue to stress out with lol.:smile:

I sent my application on 8th March and it was both received and money taken on the 9th. I chose to fully front load because I want to go and visit my husband in Australia at the end of March for a few months (I haven't seen him for two months as he went first to get a job). I didn't want them asking me to get all the medicals and police checks done while I was over in Oz, so it seemed like a good idea, plus I intend to go as soon as granted

Just waiting for the CO to be allocated which hopefully should be any day now (I have read on some forums that its normally seven days but I think it just depends)

I have been checking my e-mails so much, its like I have OCD.

Good luck everyone x

Guest Lottee

Hi all

We have just posted off our application as well, on 14th March, (for my partner) so looks like we are a week behind you all.

So exicted and nervous already and we have months to wait! Anyway be great to see how you all get on.

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly for everyone :-)

Hi guys

Just wondered who has had there visa processed faster than the 5/6 month timeline as trying to work out odds! I know its a long shot but emailed WP who has taken over from JF and she is continuing with the 5 - 6 month line. Is this normal even when they then process them quicker?

Thank you !

Hi Savannah1

Mine was approved for 4 months and 2 weeks, which is roughly the 5th month. I don't think that the COs got the choice how quick to finalise a certain case. The processing time is changing. We sent an e-mail to AH in May,2010 and we have been told 3-4 months. When we submitted the application end of Oct,2010 i have been advised 6 months.I haven't seen an application proceesed for less then the 4 months during this period which is unfortunate or i might be wrong

Guest Savannah1
Hi Savannah1

Mine was approved for 4 months and 2 weeks, which is roughly the 5th month. I don't think that the COs got the choice how quick to finalise a certain case. The processing time is changing. We sent an e-mail to AH in May,2010 and we have been told 3-4 months. When we submitted the application end of Oct,2010 i have been advised 6 months.I haven't seen an application proceesed for less then the 4 months during this period which is unfortunate or i might be wrong

Thanks for this. I know that last July they did change the processing times from 3/4 months to 5/6 months but still pleased to hear that you got your visa in 4 months 2 weeks as means there is hope still. were you given the standard 5/6 month reply on processing times when you asked?

Thanks

Thanks for this. I know that last July they did change the processing times from 3/4 months to 5/6 months but still pleased to hear that you got your visa in 4 months 2 weeks as means there is hope still. were you given the standard 5/6 month reply on processing times when you asked?

Thanks

Hi Savannah1 ,

I have been given exactly 6 months not 5-6 and as far as i know other people who applied around me have been told the same. Things might be changed since then. May be the COs don't like to be bothered so they say 6 months and surprise you much earlier when you less expect it :-))

We got our tickets with Singapore airlines and we are flying to Brisbane on 28 of June... can't wait :-)))

Guest sinead

Hi all!!! how are we all?? so we're the "March" gang... I just got an email and got our C/O!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY :biggrin: Its DP.. anybody know of him??? please say he's nice!! LOL!:biglaugh:

Just have to goet medicals done now!! ringing today to make an appointment!!!! Good luck to everyone!!!! We're all in this together now!!! oh and my letter said 5/6 months also!!

Hi All,

I have my spouse visa application ready to go, just waiting for police check to be reuturned and hope that all the other docs we are supplying will be enough. We are pretty much sending every scrap of evidence we can think of as we have only been married 2 months and Aussie hubby went ahead to Oz for work.

We are hoping - maybe with too much optimism - that my visa will be granted in time for us to join him by Easter, as we would like our daughter to start the new school term with the other children.

In the event the visa is not processed by then, does anyone know the rules on me being able to travel on a 3 month holiday ETA? I understand that I may have to leave Oz to have the visa validated once it is granted. Has anyone ever done this? Or heard of anything that might suggest this won't happen.

The visa office at Oz house is a night mare to call and when we put this question to them on a visit, the info was confliciting to something we were told before!!!

Anything will help, please :)

Hi, partner visa processing times are now around 4-6 months - so miracles aside you won't get your visa sorted before Easter.

As for entering on an ETA, whilst waiting to your visa to be processed plenty of folk do this so there should not be a problem. The official word is:

It is not intended that a Partner Visa applicant waits out the processing of the Partner Migration Visa in Australia on a Tourist Visa or Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). If you enter Australia on a one way ticket you may be asked by Australian immigration authorities, on arrival at the airport, as to what your plans for departing Australia are. If entering on Australia on an ETA or Tourist visa the immigration officer will need to be satisfied that you are a genuine visitor. You are or your partner would need to explain your intentions to the officer so that the officer is satisfied that you do not intend to stay beyond the period which your visa allows.

Full email here: http://www.gotmyvisa.co.uk/2011/01/another-useful-email-from-australia.html

Guest Tillyloola
Ah right, thanks for that peach.. Maybe I should just go there on an ETA and apply when we are there. Maybe the processing times are quicker.

Any thoughts out there on that idea??

Thanks

Jo

The processing times on shore are longer and the fees are more expensive.

There is a lot of arguments about using an ETA to go and then lodge your visa but the DIAC's rules do state that an ETA is only to be used for tourist purposes (there are some business ones but thats irrelevant here). If you were to turn up in Australia with your family on one way tickets with all your worldly belongings in tow, chances are that you may be refused entry into Australia and then get slapped with a three year ban if they felt that you lied about your intentions on entering the country (which also wouldn't look good for the character requirements of the spouse visa). Also the rules of the spouse visa do require you lodge off shore. There is provision for people on shore but I think this is mainly put in place for perspective marriage visa applicants and people that have held other types of longer term visas, although you can teqnicly apply on an ETA as well as long as your ETA does not come with a no further stay condition.

There are people that have gotten away with doing it the wrong way round and there are people that haven't but I personally would not jeopardise the rest of my life for the sake of a few months but its really down to you to decide whats best for you.

If you lodge your visa off shore, you can travel on an ETA to go and visit your husband, this is what I am planning to do (have my ETA already to go)

In the end the choice is yours and I am in no way trying to tell you what to do, just really trying to give you a bit of a rounded view so you can make an informed choice thats best for your family.:smile:

Guest Tillyloola
Hi all!!! how are we all?? so we're the "March" gang... I just got an email and got our C/O!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY :biggrin: Its DP.. anybody know of him??? please say he's nice!! LOL!:biglaugh:

Just have to goet medicals done now!! ringing today to make an appointment!!!! Good luck to everyone!!!! We're all in this together now!!! oh and my letter said 5/6 months also!!

Whooo on the CO, I was expecting mine today but no joy.:sad:

The medicals are easy peasy and its a great feeling when you come out being given a clean bill of health. My only problem was, I have a slight heart murmur and I had to go and see my cardiologist to get a letter to say that it's never changed, it stable and he was quite happy to discharge me. Had to pay £200 for the privilege as well (had to go see him privately rather than NHS it), but the way I see it is yes we do have to spend a lot of money on these things but you cannot put a price on piece of mind where your health is concerned.

Thanks Tillyloola,

I personally think it's better to wait, but my husband wants us there asap and seems to think we will be ok applying over there.

Hmmm. Maybe I will show him your reply and insist on waiting. Someone in the Brisbane immi office told us that I would probably be granted permission to stay there while the visa is being processed as they don't like to split families up where children are involved, but I am not certain this would be the case, too much of a gamble.

Best to get it in and hope they process us quickly!

Good luck with yours. Where are you going to in Oz?

FANTASTIC!! We made an appointment today for OH's medical.

So who is in the 'March' gang?? :cool: