SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Nando65
Ok just an update...

We emailed the CO last night and he has replied first thing this morning. We asked if it would be ok to book flights to Oz Feb 15th due to his last statement "a decision on your visa is expected at the beginning of February 2011" and that if the visa wasn't through if Rob could go on a tourist visa and then skip across to NZ to have the partner visa activated and this was our responce...

"Your partner visa should be approved on or around the 9th of February 2011.

If this is not the case then you are able to travel to Australia on a visitor visa and depart the country when your partner visa is ready for approval. I would certainly advise you to take evidence of adequate funds and also that you have lodged your partner visa application at the London Office with you when you travel if you are using a one-way ticket."

So we have a move date - visa 309 or not - and also advise on how to go before the visa is ready direct from the CO.

Hope this info is helpful for others waiting for their visas and wondering if they can go before. I have also had a quick look and return flights from Melbourne to NZ can be had for around $300au.

Oz here we come!!!!:jiggy:

TaniaandRob!!! FANTASTIC NEWS, now you have a date to work with!!! Congratulations, so celebrations can happen now, for the relief of knowing, then Xmas, New Year and more just before you leave!!!

Brilliant news, really happy for you both!!! See you there!!

Hugs

Nando and Jane X:jiggy::biggrin::hug:

Guest Nando65
Hi all

This is such a great forum, and I have been reading all the posts whilst working on my fiance's PMV application - great advice and really positive so a big thanks to all!

We submitted his application this week, so thought I'd post the timeline so far:

Application sent: 7 Dec 10

Application received: 8 Dec 10

Payment taken: 10 Dec 10

Fingers crossed for a relatively easy process!

Or at the very least, we can start enjoying the fun things of being engaged and forget about adminy (yet essential!) visa applications

cheers

Congratulations on lodging and especially your engagement, lovely news!!

All the best with your application and be sure to keep us updated with the process!

Best regards

Nando65 (Nando and Jane)

Guest Nando65
Just wanted to share our news. My husband emailed our CO, who after a couple of days replied with the news. 5 months exactly which is great. We now need to change our flight and get ready to go!!!!!! Brighton to Noosa -Yay!

Elscad, more great news!!! Congratulations, and off to Noosa, beautiful!!

:jiggy:

All the best with the application and be sure to keep us all in the know on how your plans are going.

Guest Nando65
We were advised by our c/o our visa will be granted on or around the 20th Jan, so we have booked our flights out for the 9th Feb... cant wait counting down the days.

kateandollie, congratulation on getting a date, and the flights all ready!! Don't worry it will fly by for sure!!! You have Xmas and New Year to look forward to and once that is done well only weeks!!!

We are heading off very soon...........2 more sleeps and we were just saying today, we were saying 12 weeks to go, and before you know it, it is there!!!

All the best and be sure to keep in touch and let us know how it all goes!!!

Enjoy!! XXX

Hugs

Nando and Jane :jiggy:

Guest TaniaandRob
TaniaandRob!!! FANTASTIC NEWS, now you have a date to work with!!! Congratulations, so celebrations can happen now, for the relief of knowing, then Xmas, New Year and more just before you leave!!!

Brilliant news, really happy for you both!!! See you there!!

Hugs

Nando and Jane X:jiggy::biggrin::hug:

Thanks guys!

Booked the tickets today! Now the hard work begins. I guess I'm keen because I'm already packed! I just need to pack Rob's stuff (he so can't do it himself poor lad) then I can see how many boxes to order for shipping. It's going to be a whirlwind 63 days but I am so glad we are nearly there. I haven't been home to Oz since I came to England 27 months ago and so much has happened since then! Everyone said to me jokingly when I left that I must be off to find a fella to bring home and guess what?, seems that might just be exactly what I have done! We are very happy and we look forward to being able to pop up to Qld to visit family and you guys too.

Hugs back

Enjoy the festive season

Best Wishes

Tania (and Rob) XX

:hug: :jiggy: :hug:

Guest Sparticus

Just got a email from our case officer saying we meet all partner requirements for a visa grant and should compleat visa soon. We are over the moon our life now starts. Been on here almost everyday looking at all posts keeping fingers crossed and praying to god and finally our turn came. May everyone get there visa soon as well don't give up hope even though at times I did silly me but it's our lives we are talking about. God bless you all and goodluck

Brisbane here we come. :biglaugh::biggrin::jiggy:

Guest Crazycat
Just got a email from our case officer saying we meet all partner requirements for a visa grant and should compleat visa soon. We are over the moon our life now starts. Been on here almost everyday looking at all posts keeping fingers crossed and praying to god and finally our turn came. May everyone get there visa soon as well don't give up hope even though at times I did silly me but it's our lives we are talking about. God bless you all and goodluck

Brisbane here we come. :biglaugh::biggrin::jiggy:

Congratulation Sparticus!!! Great news, especially before Christmas. Now the wait is over and you can start you new life :biggrin:

What's your timeframe?

All the best and big hug!!! :hug:

Guest emacmac

Thanks Nando (and Jane)!

We got assigned out case officer yesterday who has asked for the medical and police checks (they arrived the day after we submitted our app - stupid snow), so good to see that someone is looking at it.

Let the 5 month countdown...commence!

Guest Sparticus
Congratulation Sparticus!!! Great news, especially before Christmas. Now the wait is over and you can start you new life :biggrin:

What's your timeframe?

All the best and big hug!!! :hug:

application submitted 5th august

application received 7th aug

payment taken 9th aug

15th more info needed

14th september sent all the rest of info we could collect

14th december case officer said no more info required we meet partner requirements visa will be finalised in january.

we had a migration agent to help us with all the work we needed to do its really not that difficult but when you are preparing for a new future you want it right.

we also submitted our medicles from the start and police checks it helps.

we where also told 5-6 months wait ours was around 5 months looks like augusts are coming through now.

goodluck everyone and if you need any info just email me anytime.

Guest Gwyndra

Hi everyone! I'm in Echuca, Victoria and my englishman is in West Yorkshire...Said goodbye to him at the Melb Airport 18th Aug 2009 (soooo hard)...It has taken us an eternity to collect information, save some cash, & complete the Prospective Marriage Visa however here we have some details finally!!

Sent off Completed Application: 2nd Nov 2010 to London (No police / health checks)

Visa Money processed & photos returned: 9th Nov 2010

and so we continue to wait with no further news......patience is a virtue (so they say)

Hi everyone! I'm in Echuca, Victoria and my englishman is in West Yorkshire...Said goodbye to him at the Melb Airport 18th Aug 2009 (soooo hard)...It has taken us an eternity to collect information, save some cash, & complete the Prospective Marriage Visa however here we have some details finally!!

Sent off Completed Application: 2nd Nov 2010 to London (No police / health checks)

Visa Money processed & photos returned: 9th Nov 2010

and so we continue to wait with no further news......patience is a virtue (so they say)

Good luck with it. So hard being separated while waiting for news and I feel for you as have gone through the same thing.

Hi,

Exactly the same as me applied 19th Aug and i have been told mid Jan.

Better think about getting the flight booked to nz.

Singapore for me i'm in WA.

I'm hoping for an actual date early jan so i cab book a flight.

How about you?

Guest Gwyndra
Hi all

This is such a great forum, and I have been reading all the posts whilst working on my fiance's PMV application - great advice and really positive so a big thanks to all!

We submitted his application this week, so thought I'd post the timeline so far:

Application sent: 7 Dec 10

Application received: 8 Dec 10

Payment taken: 10 Dec 10

Fingers crossed for a relatively easy process!

Or at the very least, we can start enjoying the fun things of being engaged and forget about adminy (yet essential!) visa applications

cheers

Hi there emacmac. my fingers are crossed for both you and myself.....we submitted our pmv 2nd november and very quickly they processed the payment...now we're just hoping it goes smoothly from here on. i dont think much will be happening til late jan really.

Guest gillystuart
gillystuart hi,

Can you tell us who your case officer is ours is DP, some people on here have called and found out 5 months for a September application and others are told 6.

Thank you, be sure to stay around and let us know your news when you get it, keeps us all excited!!!!

Thanks

Nando65...sorry...merry christmas...only just logged on again after a month :embarrassed:

my case officer is WP....no one on here seems to have her except me! Roll on 24 Jan!

Guest RobynAtPresentInLondon

Well we are in that quiet lull that was expected between the July four month people and the August 5-6 month people. My husband rang his CO (JP) before Christmas and found out that we need send no further info and that he would be deciding at about the 5 month mark, ie late March not late April, so I guess that's something. (I'm still grumpy that 12 years of marriage can be questioned over a lack of joint bank accounts - lesson to anyone planning this, a joint bank account for 12 months are the main piece of evidence you need. If we got married for the convenience of a visa, why would we wait 12 years??!?!?)

Anyway, happy new year to all of you waiting waiting waiting people.

Guest Thamby

Does anyone know if you get a pre grant letter for a partner visa?

As I am in Oz and need to book my flights to get my visa offshore.

5 Month mark will be in a couple of weeks!

Thanks for any help,

Thamby.

Guest RobynAtPresentInLondon

Thamby, I reckon you should just contact your CO and ask. They will probably know when it will be by this stage and might well be able to give you a date.

Did you go on a one way ticket and if so were there any probs at immigration?

I'm currently in Oz waiting for the visa grant (co has said it will be early March - applied September). Arrived just before New Year on a one way ticket. The only worry was at check in in London where the Singapore rep had to 'go and talk to my supervisor' because I was on a one way ticket. The immigration lady in Sydney didn't even bat an eyelid. Apparently the airline gets a big fine if they bring you into the country and you are denied entry for lack of funds or something like it so they make a much bigger deal of the one way ticket thing than anyone else will. That was my experience anyway. Hope it's helpful.

Guest Thamby
Thamby, I reckon you should just contact your CO and ask. They will probably know when it will be by this stage and might well be able to give you a date.

Did you go on a one way ticket and if so were there any probs at immigration?

One way ticket yes but i had my partner with me plus i had print offs for flights for roughly the time i want to go singapore. Also decent funds.

Just be realistic i suppose and you will be fine!

Thanks for your reply

Thamby

Guest Luciano

Hey, how are you all? This is my first post on this site, iv found it very helpfull reading other peoples stories so i thought i would put my info up and keep you posted on how it goes.

Heres a little timeline so far:

19th November sent of Prospective Marriage Visa (Special Delivery)

23rd November Payment was taken

24th November Received comfirmation email asking for health check and Oz police check

29th November Health check done

23rd December Sent off Oz police check (Special Delivery)

I have not heard anything since, i checked with Royal Mail and the police check had been delivered. I'm not sure if i should ring and check to see if they have all the info they need. Some people say they received their photos back in the mail but i havent received anything yet!

Not sure if i should ring now and ask if they have all the info or wait a week as they probrably would have only just got back from their holidays? If anyone has any advise they can give me on any factor, it would be much appreciated or if anyone has loged their visa at a similar time it would be great to hear from you so we can keep each other posted!

Thanks heaps

Ez and Luch

Hey, how are you all? This is my first post on this site, iv found it very helpfull reading other peoples stories so i thought i would put my info up and keep you posted on how it goes.

Heres a little timeline so far:

19th November sent of Prospective Marriage Visa (Special Delivery)

23rd November Payment was taken

24th November Received comfirmation email asking for health check and Oz police check

29th November Health check done

23rd December Sent off Oz police check (Special Delivery)

I have not heard anything since, i checked with Royal Mail and the police check had been delivered. I'm not sure if i should ring and check to see if they have all the info they need. Some people say they received their photos back in the mail but i havent received anything yet!

Not sure if i should ring now and ask if they have all the info or wait a week as they probrably would have only just got back from their holidays? If anyone has any advise they can give me on any factor, it would be much appreciated or if anyone has loged their visa at a similar time it would be great to hear from you so we can keep each other posted!

Thanks heaps

Ez and Luch

Hi Ez and Luch,

Welcome to PIO. Good luck with your application!

I know that Australia house had a shutdown period over Christmas and the New Year, so I really wouldn't worry that you haven't heard anything from them yet. The bank holidays this year have meant that the usual hols period has been slightly extended too.

If you haven't heard from them by the end of the week perhaps just give them a call? Presumably you have a CO?

Katherine

Guest Luciano

Hi Katherine, when i got the email stating that they had received my visa and asked for further info, it didn't say i had a co, but the person it was from said i should send any mail direct to her and if i need to contact any one i should speak to her directly, she also said she aimed to process the visa as quickly as possible, im guessing this is my co!

I see your heading to Melbourne ay, i lived there the last two years, beautiful city, what suburb are you moving to? I lived in Brunswick for a few months and then moved to Greensborough with my fiance, beautiful out that way.

Ez and Luch