SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Yeh ta emmaroo, I will do, prob should wait till after the 28th then the full four months is up but im going for it,,,

last time i emailed them was on the 30thjuly

will get back on pio and post too let you guys know

Woo Hoo!

Look forward to your update!

:jiggy:

Wooohoooo, our subclass 100 was granted today, about 3 and a half months from our application date which was 10th May.

We fly to Oz from Bali on Wednesday so nothng like leaving it until the last minute but luckily they came through for us which was fantastic.

Hope everyone else from May time get there visa granted soon.

Congratulations Charlotte and good luck with the rest.

Guest MadChicken

My co is OUT OF OFFICE!!!!! Only until monday but she has been away two weeks!!

I sent an email anyway and will send it again on monday,

My co is OUT OF OFFICE!!!!! Only until monday but she has been away two weeks!!

I sent an email anyway and will send it again on monday,

Maybe that's why you haven't heard from her. Hopefully she will grant you the visa when she is back.

Good luck

That's fantastic news to hear a May application has been approved. Congratulations!!

Here's my timescales:

18th May 2010 Application received at Australia House 18th (with PCC and Form 80, no meds)

18th May Fee charged to Credit Card

19th May Medical carried out

24th May Case Officer emailed me to acknowledge application and request additional evidence

3rd June - 11th August Visited my wife in Australia (additional evidence supplied during this time)

11th August Emailed CO confirming I was back in the UK.

19th August CO confirmed receipt of previous email including the dreaded 5-6 month disclaimer!

I'm either going to hear in the next few weeks or just before Christmas! My house is up for sale and I'll soon be homeless and I've no job as I took a pay off to pay for the wedding and all this visa stuff! I could really do with the timescale being 4 months and not 6!

It is interesting that they quoted you the 5-6 month wait just yesterday. Emmaroo was told by her CO that applications sent in previous to the change to 5-6 months (ie, early-mid July) were still going to be processed in the 3-4 month timescale. Curious as to the initials of your CO.

Guest GeorgeD
It is interesting that they quoted you the 5-6 month wait just yesterday. Emmaroo was told by her CO that applications sent in previous to the change to 5-6 months (ie, early-mid July) were still going to be processed in the 3-4 month timescale. Curious as to the initials of your CO.

Her initials are SV. I've only corresponded with her by email and I don't want to hassle her. After all, it is only just 3 months since I applied, so to be fair there's a month to go before I can really start pestering her!

EDIT: The 5-6 months note is on the standard disclaimer at the end of her email. The content of the mail was purely acknowledging a previous mail I had sent her, not a direct response to a "how long will it be" question.

Her initials are SV. I've only corresponded with her by email and I don't want to hassle her. After all, it is only just 3 months since I applied, so to be fair there's a month to go before I can really start pestering her!

EDIT: The 5-6 months note is on the standard disclaimer at the end of her email. The content of the mail was purely acknowledging a previous mail I had sent her, not a direct response to a "how long will it be" question.

Different CO to us then.

Glad that is just the standard disclaimer, bit worried for second there in case they had changed their minds again as we have a cruise booked and we arrive in Sydney from San Francisco on the 4th November. :jiggy:

Sorry,

Just saw you are arriving in November. I am guessing you are on the Oriana.

I would still love details though, as we should be able to make it , as that will put us into 7 months by the time we arrive.

Surely that's long enough!!

Thanks again,

Sharon

Hi Michele,

We are keen to do a criuse to Sydney, but could not find one in November. Can you pass on details of the ship and who you booked with please.

Many thanks,

Sharon

Different CO to us then.

Glad that is just the standard disclaimer, bit worried for second there in case they had changed their minds again as we have a cruise booked and we arrive in Sydney from San Francisco on the 4th November. :jiggy:

Just spoke to CO and have been told that my OH will be granted a permanent visa and that it will be issued the first week of October. Very excited to know that it has all been approved and the only delay is the restrictions on granting visas imposed by DIAC.

:biggrin:

Guest GeorgeD
Just spoke to CO and have been told that my OH will be granted a permanent visa and that it will be issued the first week of October. Very excited to know that it has all been approved and the only delay is the restrictions on granting visas imposed by DIAC.

That's absolutely fantastic news!!! Looks like that will map exactly onto the original 4 month timescale. None of this 5-6 month nonsense!

As an aside, how often have you spoken to your CO? I've never called mine, I've only ever emailed her, or actually sent a letter with evidence through the post. Are they open to tell you things they wouldn't necessarily put in writing at that point in time?

That's absolutely fantastic news!!! Looks like that will map exactly onto the original 4 month timescale. None of this 5-6 month nonsense!

As an aside, how often have you spoken to your CO? I've never called mine, I've only ever emailed her, or actually sent a letter with evidence through the post. Are they open to tell you things they wouldn't necessarily put in writing at that point in time?

Hiya George,

I spoke to mine on the Thursday of the 5-6 ruling week and he said to contact him towards the end of October, I think they perhaps knew that the turn around was going to happen... The conversations I've had with my co seem to be open and honest ones. I've spoken to him twice now, once when he phoned to question me about my otherhalf's certificates and then once in the week from 'visa waiting for' hell. I think they may be a little more willing to talk at the moment, probably as they have more time on their hands.:wacko:

Thanks for letting us know Michele, that is such fab news!! Watching your visa go through will be so exciting for us too as we are only a week behind :biggrin:.

Hope you have a fabulous time on the cruise. San Fran is one of my favourite cities, we had a brekkie from heaven at Ghirardelli's Diner in Ghirardelli's Square down by the piers. Where does the cruise stop off at?

We have only spoken to our CO the once and my OH said he was as nice as pie and was happy to discuss the application. Prior to that we had only dealt via email which we found not to be the most informative.

Guest Cymru2010
Hi all,

My partner and I have been reading the forums for a few weeks. There is simply stacks (or heaps for the Aussies :wink:) of useful information here. Having to collect, prepare and complete all the information has been stressful, but it is comforting to see that this is not a unique experience. Reading other peoples’ posts has helped a lot.

Anyway to the main point, and to give back something to the community, I thought I would share the timeline for the Partner Visa application.

Preparation time – Many months.

Forms and evidence completed 13-08-2010.

Front loaded with Police Check Certificate

Application sent to immigration in London – 14-08-2010.

Due to be delivered – 16-08-2010

Now we have to wait for a CO and get some idea of processing time.

I will updated as and when.

Here is an update. The application was signed for on 16-08-2010 by the London office, and the payment taken THE SAME DAY !!!!

Still waiting for CO

Guest GeorgeD

It's been a week now since anyone posted here saying they had spoken to or heard from their CO...is Australia House closed for a holiday???

Does anyone have any good news for us, like their visa has been approved and mine is next on the list :biggrin:

Guest sunnibee

Delighted for you : ) xxx re geting visa. I've just had an email saying that they are tightening up procedures re visa applications (!??) for this year which started at the beginning of July 2010...all a bit strange.

My CO (WP) has been on hols for 2 weeks and I was hoping for some good news soon...I got an automated email to say my visa is going to take until mid Sept now...Its all the 'selling up' and emotional strain' that wear you down, so hopefully they will all return to their offices and we all get good news soon! xx

Guest GeorgeD
Delighted for you : ) xxx re geting visa. I've just had an email saying that they are tightening up procedures re visa applications (!??) for this year which started at the beginning of July 2010...all a bit strange.

My CO (WP) has been on hols for 2 weeks and I was hoping for some good news soon...I got an automated email to say my visa is going to take until mid Sept now...Its all the 'selling up' and emotional strain' that wear you down, so hopefully they will all return to their offices and we all get good news soon! xx

When did you apply? I applied 16th May and haven't heard a peep other than they don't need any more info...Mid Sept would be fantastic for me, and incidentally that would be exactly 4 months from my application, so right on cue. My CO tends not to reply to my emails, which doesn't really encourage me to phone her any time before the 4 month mark I was originally expecting.

We applied April 6th. Now only 10 days to go before it will be 5 months. :arghh:

When did you apply? I applied 16th May and haven't heard a peep other than they don't need any more info...Mid Sept would be fantastic for me, and incidentally that would be exactly 4 months from my application, so right on cue. My CO tends not to reply to my emails, which doesn't really encourage me to phone her any time before the 4 month mark I was originally expecting.

Guest sunnibee

Hugs ....I've just rechecked my date and it was the 9th May...I don't know why I thought it was earlier...pos stress:err: Anyway, I have reassuringly read a post to say there was a huge batch of applications on the 1st July and thats when the case officers tend to have a holiday, a couple of

weeks after that so although I'm now sobbing into my white wine....all will be fine and I'll be Perth

before Christmas : ) xxx Good luck everyone...

Almost 4 months now since we applied. Nothing yet. I guess many visa applications are on hold at the moment as I haven't seen anyone posting the good news.:mad:

Good luck for everyone:hug: