SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

We're tied up in a rental contract until the end of November so can't leave until then. It's such a relief to know that the visa is sorted now though.

Flights are booked so the next thing to organise is the shipping - trying to just send a few (dozen) boxes and sell off the rest. We don't have furniture etc.

Guest MadChicken

GO APRIL APPLICANTS!! WOO HOO!!......(And all other apps!)

Thats great news Yugoj !! I was praying that your visa would come through today and good news for us all,,

Sounds like you have helped keep Maybeany saine for another few days or so.

Rekoj what date in april did you apply? had a quick look couldnt find your timeline mate.

Yugoj how did make contact and what did you say to your case officer to find out about the decision? Again well done mate especially after recieving the dreaded 5/6month email..

:hug:Keep Smiling Guys!!:hug:

Guest christinenpete

I have been granted the permanent partner visa (subclass 100).

Whoo hooo!!! :biggrin:

Awesome news, congrats yogoj. Good luck with your moving plans :biggrin:

I just got an email from my CO (after sending him one this morning reminding him that today is my 4 month day).

(not even been able to tell my OH or anyone yet but wanted to post on here as I feel that we're all in this together so you all deserve to be the first to know!)

I'll stay on here for a while (just like Peach has) as I've found all the info on PIO so useful and the support amazing so I want to give a bit back if I can.

Thanks guys for everything and good luck with your visas. It seems to be the rule is - wait until 4 months to the date of your application, contact your CO at that point then, if everything is fine, he should grant your visa that day!

:jiggy:

Yugoj,

That's superb news for you, big huge CONGRATULATIONS :-))))))). Enjoy the feeling :notworthy:

Good grief, I am not so quietly going insane now, please somebody post they have had their visa granted, to give the rest of us some hope!!!

It's been way too quiet for way too long.

OK, back to the corner to rock some more.

Hiya Maybeamy,

It is fab news isn't it that visas are back on the four month track :-)! How are your holidays going? I'm trying to keep busy to take my mind off it but... it seems to be getting worse. :skeptical::goofy:

yes, it is good news, but lets face it, this feels like the longest 4 months in the whole history of man, my house has never been so clean and decluttered, my waist is back to 27", ( not seen that since my 20's, recommend the visa stress diet, you'll feel like ****, but the weight just drops off ya) and I am sick of hear myself moaning, " It's not fair, rant rant grrrrr".

And am slightly concerned with my growing dependance on PIO, could this be the start of an addiction.... or PIO OCD LOL

Hope you are well and not driving yourself insane, I did get your pm and will stay in contact, xx

Guest Nando65
I just got an email from my CO (after sending him one this morning reminding him that today is my 4 month day).

(not even been able to tell my OH or anyone yet but wanted to post on here as I feel that we're all in this together so you all deserve to be the first to know!)

I'll stay on here for a while (just like Peach has) as I've found all the info on PIO so useful and the support amazing so I want to give a bit back if I can.

Thanks guys for everything and good luck with your visas. It seems to be the rule is - wait until 4 months to the date of your application, contact your CO at that point then, if everything is fine, he should grant your visa that day!

:jiggy:

Yogij congratulations!!! You keep us all going for sure, all the very best to you!

Can I ask you if you used a migration agent to assist with your application?? My partner Jane, is an Aussie citizen and we are going for the permanent residency as we have been living together for over 5 years, we used a fantastic agent in Australia. We have lodged all the required documents together, applications, police checks, medicals, photos and all requested certified documents. We have only this month lodged and have been told to wait 10 working days and they will be in touch. As we are unsure of processing times, as majority appear to be 4 months, could you let me know if you have gone through the same process I have mentioned.

Thanks so much for your time.

Nando and Jane

Yogij congratulations!!! You keep us all going for sure, all the very best to you!

Can I ask you if you used a migration agent to assist with your application?? My partner Jane, is an Aussie citizen and we are going for the permanent residency as we have been living together for over 5 years, we used a fantastic agent in Australia. We have lodged all the required documents together, applications, police checks, medicals, photos and all requested certified documents. We have only this month lodged and have been told to wait 10 working days and they will be in touch. As we are unsure of processing times, as majority appear to be 4 months, could you let me know if you have gone through the same process I have mentioned.

Nando and Jane

If you are applying through the London Australia House, up to 10 days after application you will recieve an email confirming receipt with your reference number on and introducing themselves as your co, then request any further imformation if needed, and then its just a long sit back and wait, new cases after 21st July, are being qouted 4-6 month proccessing time, but it may all change again after the election, who knows.

So welcome to PIO I'm sure you will become a regular,:biglaugh: you won't be able to help yourself, and I hope your application runs smoothly.

Guest Nando65
If you are applying through the London Australia House, up to 10 days after application you will recieve an email confirming receipt with your reference number on and introducing themselves as your co, then request any further imformation if needed, and then its just a long sit back and wait, new cases after 21st July, are being qouted 4-6 month proccessing time, but it may all change again after the election, who knows.

So welcome to PIO I'm sure you will become a regular,:biglaugh: you won't be able to help yourself, and I hope your application runs smoothly.

Maybeamy hi

Thank you for the message you are right about becoming a regular, since lodging we haven't stopped reading threw the threads. I can't believe we have only just lodged and the waiting for just a word, well we have just tried to keep busy,doesn't stop you thinking about it though!!

I can't wait to get home and back to the sun, sea and sand! I wish you all the best and will be sure to keep reading the sight and any good news will be sure to let everyone know. Best of luck to you and everyone, thanks again, oh before I stop writing, have you used a migration agent???

Thank you

Jane

No we didn't, it was a straight forward application and AH confirmed that they process applications in date order, they don't fast track agency applications, so we just put it together ourselves, and everything is fine, but you do have the benefit of your agent checking over everything, front loading with med's & police checks, so you shouldn't really need to send any more documentation in, and don't stress if immi send stuff back to you in the next 2-3 weeks it just means they have scanned what they want, and kept what they need, and the returned stuff is surplus to requirments.

Guest Nando65

Thank you!!! Appreciate your expertise, as we are yet to hear anything but I know they will probably write to our agent first. Good to know the process and our fingers are crossed for you too!! Best regards Jane

Guest planetz

Hi everyone am I really dim - I can't work out how to ask a question on here without it being a reply - help! Congratulations everyone that has got their visas - you give us all hope! I am in Singapore 2 months down the track with no news - have sent a chaser email today. No one else in the world seems to have applied for this from Singapore?!?! Is anybody out there? Am planning to resign tomorrow as on 3 months notice and can't wait another 4 months (3-6 months processing time) and then another 3, so taking the leap - yikes!

Guest famousfive

Hi,if you go onto the main menu,choose a section you think you question should be in eg migration issues.Click on that heading and it will bring you to a threads menu.Above the list of threads on the left hand side you will see a new threads button,click on this and you are up and running.Good luck,look forward to reading your story.

sorry can't help with singapore waiting times, but if you don't get a reply from your email, ring up and speak to your case officer, or the consulate you applied too, and ask them, what the status is on your application, they should be happy to help you, perhaps you haven't heard anything because they don't really need anything else from you, and you'll just get the visa approved email.

Sorry I can't be of more help, good luck

Nando and Jane

Hi Nando

Maybeamy has pretty much answered your questions but I didn't want you to think I was ignoring your question to me. As you'll find - once you get the visa, you spend a little less time on PIO than before (I used to check through threads once every hour or so, now it's more like once a day). As Maybeamy says - you can easily get addicted!

But to answer your question, no I didn't use an agent. I didn't see the point in spending all that money. I'm a very organised person so had been collating evidence for a few years and put my file (well, it turned out to be a box!) together by following very closely all the checklists.

I got a mail from my case officer about 1 week after sending in the application saying thanks for the application and requesting a bit more evidence to put me forward for permanent visa. We initially applied for the temporary visa as we'd been together 4 years but it seemed the rules changed in our favour and they now only need you to have been together for 3 years for it to be a permanent application. So they just needed a few more bank statements to cover _every_ month over the last 3 years (quarterly electricity bills weren't enough as there had to be at least once piece of evidence for every month) and then he could put me through for permanent.

Hope that helps you a bit. As I said, I'm still on here reading this thread from time to time so can answer any more questions should people have them.

Guest Nando65
Hi Nando

Maybeamy has pretty much answered your questions but I didn't want you to think I was ignoring your question to me. As you'll find - once you get the visa, you spend a little less time on PIO than before (I used to check through threads once every hour or so, now it's more like once a day). As Maybeamy says - you can easily get addicted!

But to answer your question, no I didn't use an agent. I didn't see the point in spending all that money. I'm a very organised person so had been collating evidence for a few years and put my file (well, it turned out to be a box!) together by following very closely all the checklists.

I got a mail from my case officer about 1 week after sending in the application saying thanks for the application and requesting a bit more evidence to put me forward for permanent visa. We initially applied for the temporary visa as we'd been together 4 years but it seemed the rules changed in our favour and they now only need you to have been together for 3 years for it to be a permanent application. So they just needed a few more bank statements to cover _every_ month over the last 3 years (quarterly electricity bills weren't enough as there had to be at least once piece of evidence for every month) and then he could put me through for permanent.

Hope that helps you a bit. As I said, I'm still on here reading this thread from time to time so can answer any more questions should people have them.

Thanks so much for the reply and for your advice regarding the monthly proof. Maybeamy has been a great help to and all the best to you and your family for the future.

Guest Cymru2010

Hi all,

My partner and I have been reading the forums for a few weeks. There is simply stacks (or heaps for the Aussies :wink:) of useful information here. Having to collect, prepare and complete all the information has been stressful, but it is comforting to see that this is not a unique experience. Reading other peoples’ posts has helped a lot.

Anyway to the main point, and to give back something to the community, I thought I would share the timeline for the Partner Visa application.

Preparation time – Many months.

Forms and evidence completed 13-08-2010.

Front loaded with Police Check Certificate

Application sent to immigration in London – 14-08-2010.

Due to be delivered – 16-08-2010

Now we have to wait for a CO and get some idea of processing time.

I will updated as and when.

Hi all,

My partner and I have been reading the forums for a few weeks. There is simply stacks (or heaps for the Aussies :wink:) of useful information here. Having to collect, prepare and complete all the information has been stressful, but it is comforting to see that this is not a unique experience. Reading other peoples’ posts has helped a lot.

Anyway to the main point, and to give back something to the community, I thought I would share the timeline for the Partner Visa application.

Preparation time – Many months.

Forms and evidence completed 13-08-2010.

Front loaded with Police Check Certificate

Application sent to immigration in London – 14-08-2010.

Due to be delivered – 16-08-2010

Now we have to wait for a CO and get some idea of processing time.

I will updated as and when.

Cymru, Welcome to the slowly going mental thread of PIO :-). You should hear very soon and they will let you know if they need anything else, normally about 10 days. Good luck.

yes, it is good news, but lets face it, this feels like the longest 4 months in the whole history of man, my house has never been so clean and decluttered, my waist is back to 27", ( not seen that since my 20's, recommend the visa stress diet, you'll feel like ****, but the weight just drops off ya) and I am sick of hear myself moaning, " It's not fair, rant rant grrrrr".

And am slightly concerned with my growing dependance on PIO, could this be the start of an addiction.... or PIO OCD LOL

Hope you are well and not driving yourself insane, I did get your pm and will stay in contact, xx

Hiya Maybeamy,

Keep calm :-) save some cleaning for Australia :-). I have obviously picked up the wrong visa diet sheet, mine's gone up 27" this week. I need to get myself back on track for my Christmas in Oz bikini on the beach plans.

Two months gone, two to go, ekkkk... this last week has been worse than the last two years. Each day is now driving me insane, bang bang bang. My parents are back from their holiday tomorrow so this will really be a test of my sanity... bang bang bang.

Regarding PIO, I have promised myself an every other day rule as I was nervously logging in to see what happening and my heart couldn't take that more than a couple of times a week.

We should have a competition, the winner being the one who's been asked the most in a day ' Any news on the visa?.

Been offline for a while so have been catching up with everyones progress - after my panic a couple of weeks ago that the visas are taking 5-6 months to process (I've jumped the gun and am on a 3 month tourist visa in Oz whilst waiting!) I see that we're back to the 3-4 months timeframe - fingers crossed for us all!! Can't wait to get the Visa through as I'm going stir crazy (and skint!) not being able to work and I'm keeping a close eye on everyone that submitted at the same time as me......

Guest CatMac

Just got my CO assigned today - 5/6 month timeline - we have to send some more information but I have what he needs so that is a relief!

I'm hoping someone here may be able to help us out. We've followed this forum for many months. I am British but have an Australian partner and Australian son (8 months). We were in Oz for 3 months when our son was born but had to return to the UK for my work. However, we are looking to move to Oz ASAP and are considering visa options. Does anyone know if the partner visa processing times are shorter when a dependant child (citizen) is involved? We need to get back there ASAP and would be devastated if it takes 5-6 months. We have been together for almost 3 years.

Any help would be really really appreciated.