SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Rekoj
He's our CO too. I emailed him about 3-4 weeks ago, when he was on holiday and he did reply on his return.

Generally he's been pretty good in getting back.

Just thought I would let you know our situation as he is/was our CO aswell.

We just called him on monday and I was expecting to be told to wait longer, but he said he will grant my visa pending seeing my passport! I do think it may be because we have flights booked for beginning of september that may have pushed things a long a little, but we did wait almost 4 months.

Timeline:

12/04/10 - Application Lodged (fully front loaded)

15/04/10 - Email confirming reciept and requesting further info

16/04/10 - Further info sent

03/05/10 - Emailed CO to check he recieved further info and to see what current waiting times were (my wife is a teacher so had to hand her notice in by end of may)

06/05/10 - CO confirmed reciept of above info and stated 3/4 month wait

11/06/10 - Emailed CO again to advise my wife had handed her notice in and to check processing times.

15/06/10 - CO reminded us that wait times are 3/4 months and we can expect to hear mid-late July.

Mid July - Called CO, he was a little vague and said to call again beginning of August. We told him that we had booked flights at this point.

02/08/10 - Called CO again and he double checked we had flights booked before confirming that I will be granted visa after he has seen my passport - subclass 100.

So, just under 4 months wait, really excited that we are finally going!!!

Really feel for all you guys that have been told it's 5/6 months, we thought 4 was bad enough. Only advice we can give is that you have to presume that there isn't going to be any problem, providing you can give them everything they ask for and just get on with your life/planning.

We just called him on monday and I was expecting to be told to wait longer, but he said he will grant my visa pending seeing my passport! I do think it may be because we have flights booked for beginning of september that may have pushed things a long a little, but we did wait almost 4 months.

Timeline:

03/05/10 - Emailed CO to check he recieved further info and to see what current waiting times were (my wife is a teacher so had to hand her notice in by end of may)

11/06/10 - Emailed CO again to advise my wife had handed her notice in and to check processing times.

15/06/10 - CO reminded us that wait times are 3/4 months and we can expect to hear mid-late July.

Mid July - Called CO, he was a little vague and said to call again beginning of August. We told him that we had booked flights at this point.

02/08/10 - Called CO again and he double checked we had flights booked before confirming that I will be granted visa after he has seen my passport - subclass 100.

Really feel for all you guys that have been told it's 5/6 months, we thought 4 was bad enough. Only advice we can give is that you have to presume that there isn't going to be any problem, providing you can give them everything they ask for and just get on with your life/planning.

Congrats on your visa!

I do think that having flights booked helps but my o/h wont book until we have visa:sad:

We have our flights booked and we advised our CO of this and either he didn't read our email (possible) or it doesn't have any impact on processing times. As stated earlier, we are going to try for a business visa for the interim period so at least there are other options available to us.

We have our flights booked and we advised our CO of this and either he didn't read our email (possible) or it doesn't have any impact on processing times. As stated earlier, we are going to try for a business visa for the interim period so at least there are other options available to us.

have a feeling it is anyone who applied after may that is getting then 5-6 months

Guest Rekoj
Congrats on your visa!

I do think that having flights booked helps but my o/h wont book until we have visa:sad:

Thanks!

I wouldn't reccomend booking flights, was a bit of a gamble and certainly made us more nervous!!!

We took their word that 3/4 months was the processing time, so when you guys started saying the times had gone up to 5/6 months we almost had a heart attack!!! :shocked:

Guest christinenpete

Timeline:

Good news.. congrats :jiggy:

Guest christinenpete

We got an email back today from the CO, looks like December. Was wondering if being on the SOL and all the other citical skills lists they have would help it go though quicker. Obviously not... :rolleyes:

Oh well December is not THAT far away, and since we've never been asked for anything else and told that the medical has gone straight through.. I guess we've been put straight onto the "waiting until 6 months comes around pile".:wacko:

Guest FedUp
We got an email back today from the CO, looks like December. Was wondering if being on the SOL and all the other citical skills lists they have would help it go though quicker. Obviously not... :rolleyes:

Oh well December is not THAT far away, and since we've never been asked for anything else and told that the medical has gone straight through.. I guess we've been put straight onto the "waiting until 6 months comes around pile".:wacko:

At least you know now how long you're gonna wait and put your mind at rest. And to be honest, the best time to go to OZ is December as it is summer time there while the dreaded winter here in the UK.

Good luck

Guest FedUp
Thanks!

I wouldn't reccomend booking flights, was a bit of a gamble and certainly made us more nervous!!!

We took their word that 3/4 months was the processing time, so when you guys started saying the times had gone up to 5/6 months we almost had a heart attack!!! :shocked:

I agree with you. Flignts to OZ are not cheap to take the risk. Your timeline seems standard. I don't think flights had anything to do with it.

Congratulations for your visa and good luck with the rest.

Guest yugoj
have a feeling it is anyone who applied after may that is getting then 5-6 months

That's not true as I applied 14th April and have been told to wait 5-6 mths. Mine was a straightforward application with no problems. They were due to make a decision on 13th Aug (at the 4 month mark) but when the new ruling came in last week this got changed. It seems we've missed it by just a few weeks.

Congrats Rekoj although of course I am very jealous - esp seeing your timeline. You lodged your application just 1 day before me and I've now got to wait until mid Oct for a decision.

We were told by our CO not to book flights until the visa was approved so it seems unfair that those who go against that advice get priority treatment. I personally don't think it was due to you having flights - just that you got a CO in a good mood. Well done and lucky you!

Guest Rekoj
That's not true as I applied 14th April and have been told to wait 5-6 mths. Mine was a straightforward application with no problems. They were due to make a decision on 13th Aug (at the 4 month mark) but when the new ruling came in last week this got changed. It seems we've missed it by just a few weeks.

Congrats Rekoj although of course I am very jealous - esp seeing your timeline. You lodged your application just 1 day before me and I've now got to wait until mid Oct for a decision.

We were told by our CO not to book flights until the visa was approved so it seems unfair that those who go against that advice get priority treatment. I personally don't think it was due to you having flights - just that you got a CO in a good mood. Well done and lucky you!

....makes me feel even more guilty now.

It does seem to be luck of the draw and if they wanted to they could probably process most apps very quickly but choose to hold off for one reason or another - political reasons, waiting for new processing year etc...

Guest yugoj
....makes me feel even more guilty now.

It does seem to be luck of the draw and if they wanted to they could probably process most apps very quickly but choose to hold off for one reason or another - political reasons, waiting for new processing year etc...

Don't feel guilty. Just feel very lucky and priviledged! :biggrin:

It's not so bad for us....yet. We don't plan on leaving the UK until the end of November so, unless they increase wait times to 8 months, then we _should_ be ok. Lets just hope things don't change (for the worse) after the Australia election.

Guest christinenpete
Starting to feel nervous about interview tomorrow!:unsure: I know we have nothing to worry about but still feel a bit nervous!

Don't worry I'm sure it'll be fine :wink:

Guest siamsusie
Thanks very much, hopefully after our interview we will not be in limbo so much!

Emma

:cute:

Good luck Emma, cant wait to hear your positive news Love Susie:hug:

Guest FedUp
Starting to feel nervous about interview tomorrow!:unsure: I know we have nothing to worry about but still feel a bit nervous!

Good luck. No need to worry if you know each other very well. One advice though: try not to explore your answers unless asked. The shortest answers will do as exploring may lead to more questions.

thanks for all your good luck wishes!

i know we have nothing to hide its just that this is the last hurdle and I want us to get over it smoothly!

We have been through a lot trying to get to this point so it means a lot to us both!

Ill let you know how we get on

Emma

xx

Guest FedUp
thanks for all your good luck wishes!

i know we have nothing to hide its just that this is the last hurdle and I want us to get over it smoothly!

We have been through a lot trying to get to this point so it means a lot to us both!

Ill let you know how we get on

Emma

xx

We'll be waiting for the outcome of your interview with fingers and toes crossed for you. Good luck.

Hi

Well that's the interview under our belts and it was easy peasy! Our CO was lovely and made us feel very relaxed about everything.

He said that he was scoring us for a subclass 100 and to give him a call mid oct for the outcome but that everything was looking good!

He also said that there had been a meeting today and that people who had applied before all the recent announcements would still be looking at 4 months which is great news for us all!

Yipee!

:jiggy:

Guest FedUp
Hi

Well that's the interview under our belts and it was easy peasy! Our CO was lovely and made us feel very relaxed about everything.

He said that he was scoring us for a subclass 100 and to give him a call mid oct for the outcome but that everything was looking good!

He also said that there had been a meeting today and that people who had applied before all the recent announcements would still be looking at 4 months which is great news for us all!

Yipee!

Very happy for you that the interview went well.

What are the questions? I don't know if we ever have to do an interview as it seems that not all applicants had it but it's good to know.

Guest yugoj
Hi

Yipee!

That is good news - if it happens. If it does, I will be one of the first to let you all know, as my 4 months is 'up' on 13th Aug - next week!

Watch this space....

Guest CatMac

Congratulations on the interview - I will probably get all panicky if we have one - my OH has the worst memory and no concept of time!