SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest JustinM

we also got the dreaded 5/6 month email for our PMV. turns out we screwed up our certification as well - we got it done by a police officer in the UK...we checked with our agent whether this would be fine and got the all clear, so we didn't think much of it.

they have only requested that we send in new birth certificates for my fiance (the applicant) certified by someone else. they didn't request any further info (we uploaded meds and police checks). is it likely that they might make us recertify everything else, i assume they looked over everything else already?? stress! i guess its not a big issue with the 5/6 month waiting period to get it done...but it aint cheap sending so much stuff through 1st class mail...and a pain in the backside for me as i am back in oz.

to think when we started getting stuff together we were thinking it would be 4-6 weeks....and were stressing if it blew out to 2 months!! ha.

We are leaving for Australia at the beginning of November, with or without a visa in hand. Original timeframes when we applied were 3-4 months and we are still working to that from a moving and job application point of view. My partner has a great opportunity for a post doctoral research fellowship but needs to be in Australia in November to work on the application with the particular department at QUT. We will have to get a business visa for the interim period and then fly out of the country when the visa finally comes through.

My only concern is that even though we will notify our CO as to our movements he will forget and grant the visa whilst we are in Australia (yes, we think he is that useless).

We have our telephone interview on Thursday and I just hope our co remembers our answers since is going be another 3-4 months before we hear anything!

:frown:

I am sure it will all be absolutely fine. They are probably finalising all our visas right now and have put them all in date order so as the 6 month mark comes up they can email us to say they have been approved.

I am sure it will all be absolutely fine. They are probably finalising all our visas right now and have put them all in date order so as the 6 month mark comes up they can email us to say they have been approved.

Thanks Michelle! I really hope your right

:yes:

We have our telephone interview on Thursday and I just hope our co remembers our answers since is going be another 3-4 months before we hear anything!

:frown:

Good luck with your 'phone interview - I am sure you will both be fine. Your CO will make a decision most probably there and then. They then just make you wait.:wubclub:

Guest yugoj

I love the new optimism Michele. Thanks!

I got the 5/6 mth email today - only because I more or less asked for it. I don't think our CO was going to let us know just out of the blue, only by me asking what the new timeframe is.

He did say in his mail that I can apply for other visas whilst my migration visa is being processed. My problem is that I'm keeping my job in the UK (just working from Australia once I get there) so I can't go out on a tourist visa. I'm literally going to work in London on the Friday, fly to Oz over the weekend then to work in Perth on the Monday!

I was thinking of getting an e-visitor business visa (subclass 651) if the worst scenario happens and it takes more than 6 mths to get this visa. Has anyone done this / thinking of doing it?

I've read on other threads that immigration in Australia don't look kindly on you entering the country on a one way ticket on a temporary visa. There was even a pdf which I found on the immi website which stated that you are not allowed to enter on an evisitor visa whilst waiting for your skilled migrant visa to come through: http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/pdf/subclass-457-visitors.pdf

This is a similar situation isn't it?

Thanks, and it's great to feel I have a bunch of friends in the same frustrating situation as me. Keep the posts coming to keep this thread at the top of the list!

Guest yugoj
thanks fleabo!

do you think he will tell us there and then?

:cute:

He won't tell you in the exact words but ours (as we know it's the same person) did say during the interview - 'well, I've read through your application and from what we've talked about today I see no reason why you would have any problems getting this visa'.

And yes, as the telephone interview is the last hurdle then I would suspect the CO will probably write a big 'yes' or 'no' on the application form as soon as he/she put the phone down, and then put it on the 'wait until 6mths is reached' pile. Frustrating!!

Hey yugoj, we are also looking at the e-visitor business visa (651) and my partner is sending off an email to DIAC querying if this visa can be used whilst waiting for a partner visa to be granted. Hopefully they will respond soon and I will post their response on here. If you also wanted to ask them, then the enquiry form is here: Online Application Enquiries

Guest yugoj

Thanks Michele

One last question for everyone before I leave this forum for the night (seem to be on it all day every day at the moment!):

On the immi website it says the following re. where you can be when the visa is granted:

When you apply: Outside Australia

When the visa is granted: For the temporary visa (subclass 309) you must be outside Australia. For the permanent visa (subclass 100) you can be in or outside Australia.

So, for people being put forward straight to the permanent visa (been in a relationship more than 3 yrs) if we were to go to Australia on a visitors visa, why do we need to leave Australia when the visa is granted?

Thanks!

Thanks Michele

One last question for everyone before I leave this forum for the night (seem to be on it all day every day at the moment!):

On the immi website it says the following re. where you can be when the visa is granted:

When the visa is granted: For the temporary visa (subclass 309) you must be outside Australia. For the permanent visa (subclass 100) you can be in or outside Australia.

So, for people being put forward straight to the permanent visa (been in a relationship more than 3 yrs) if we were to go to Australia on a visitors visa, why do we need to leave Australia when the visa is granted?

Thanks!

What a great question, would love to know the answer to that also.

Guest FedUp
Hey yugoj, we are also looking at the e-visitor business visa (651) and my partner is sending off an email to DIAC querying if this visa can be used whilst waiting for a partner visa to be granted. Hopefully they will respond soon and I will post their response on here. If you also wanted to ask them, then the enquiry form is here: Online Application Enquiries

I was thinking to do the same. But now we'll just wait and see what they will tell you. It will be the same answer.

As for my visa...I'm stilling biting my nails...Haven't heard anything from my CO for weeks now.:mad:

Thanks Michele

Thanks!

You apply for a Partner Visa based on where you say you are when you apply (first question on Form 47SP), not on whether it's a 309 or 100. So you state whether you are off- (309/100) or onshore (820/801), and I suspect that determines where you need to be for temporary resident visas when they are granted.

I think the term 'you can be in or outside Australia' caters for those on 309s that are then changing to a 100 visa. They can be in or outside Australia at the time they apply for this visa. If you apply onshore for an 801 you must be in Australia when the 820 is granted.

Just my thoughts though, and would be interested to hear what your CO says.

Cheers.

Guest garysgirl63

Hi there...has anyone got PS as their CO? He hasn't answered my last 2 emails...is this normal for him?.....the new waiting period sucks......

Guest christinenpete

As for my visa...I'm stilling biting my nails...Haven't heard anything from my CO for weeks now.:mad:

Thought he was just ignoring our emails :wink: I guess he must be crazy busy with all these visa to grant :err::biggrin:

Guest christinenpete
Hi there...has anyone got PS as their CO? He hasn't answered my last 2 emails...is this normal for him?.....the new waiting period sucks......

He's ours too... he's taken a while to get back to us in the past.

Guest SteEyns

He's our CO too. I emailed him about 3-4 weeks ago, when he was on holiday and he did reply on his return.

Generally he's been pretty good in getting back.