SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest somsy77

Agree with FedUp. Was it the CO who said this.

There have been threads on here with people applying from Pakistan (to the embassy at Bangkok as there was no Aus embassy anymore in Pakistan I think), and they got their visa at exactly the 6 month mark. But that is coz they live, work in the country. That is so unfair if they are imposing this on you ! :mad:

im pretty peeved off at the moment as i have been told that due to my connection with a HR country (Pakistan even though its purely paper based not been there for 10 plus years) my application will take 6-12 months there goes my planned move in late sep/oct straight out of the window.

Does anyone know if my meds/police clearence expire I will have to re do them?

Agree with FedUp. Was it the CO who said this.

There have been threads on here with people applying from Pakistan (to the embassy at Bangkok as there was no Aus embassy anymore in Pakistan I think), and they got their visa at exactly the 6 month mark. But that is coz they live, work in the country. That is so unfair if they are imposing this on you ! :mad:

yep somsy77 I agree im being treated as high risk even though I only lived there as a child!

Guest sophie1108
is that from supplying all the additional documents?

maybe its like everyone is saying come 1st july the visa floodgate will open

'come 1st july the visa floodgate will open'

What do you mean? Are people thinking from then they will approve more visas quickly or......?

Guest FedUp
'come 1st july the visa floodgate will open'

What do you mean? Are people thinking from then they will approve more visas quickly or......?

Yes, that is exactly what it means for the lucky ones as the visa year starts on July of each year.

Just an update, spoke to my CO yesterday and she has told me we say 6-12 months but most are resolved within 6 months, so my 6 months will up just after Christmas.

I was also told that at the CO discretion the medical check can be extended by 6 months and police check by 3 and she said that she will do that for me if I need it.

She did say most dual nationals have to go through more vetting and if there are differences in the some forms (i think my employment details may have differed (I can’t remember all my jobs since leaving school)

So now I will not hear anything unless extra information is required, just have to sit tight and wait!

Guest somsy77

Good luck Salma, fingers crossed that you hear earlier from them.

Maybe you should ask your CO if extending the police checks and meds, means you can have at least 6 months for the validation deadline from the time of your visa grant ? What if you have very little time between getting the visa and having to wind up matters here, before you have to make that validation (in some cases, the actual move)..?

And keep emailing her every few weeks, to find out whats happening or if she needs anything.

So now I will not hear anything unless extra information is required, just have to sit tight and wait!

Guest epollard74

:jiggy::jiggy:Wahoo, I received an e-mail from my CO stating that my visa application has been approved and to send in my passport for stamping.:biggrin::jiggy:

Guest garysgirl63
:jiggy::jiggy:Wahoo, I received an e-mail from my CO stating that my visa application has been approved and to send in my passport for stamping.:biggrin::jiggy:

OMG that was so quick...so pleased for you :biggrin:

Guest epollard74

Thanks very much, I know it was quick. My wifes father is terminally ill so we pleaded with the CO to try and push it through as quickly as possible. We put his medical reports in to the application. I am very surprised about how fast it was. He originally told me it would be 2 months!

Anyway, full steam ahead now. Have been caught off guard a bit. Where to start.......!!?

Congrats thats excellent news :biggrin: Good luck with all your future plans :wubclub:

Thanks very much, I know it was quick. My wifes father is terminally ill so we pleaded with the CO to try and push it through as quickly as possible. We put his medical reports in to the application. I am very surprised about how fast it was. He originally told me it would be 2 months!

Anyway, full steam ahead now. Have been caught off guard a bit. Where to start.......!!?

Congratulations.. I hope things go as well as can be for your family.

Good luck Salma, fingers crossed that you hear earlier from them.

Maybe you should ask your CO if extending the police checks and meds, means you can have at least 6 months for the validation deadline from the time of your visa grant ? What if you have very little time between getting the visa and having to wind up matters here, before you have to make that validation (in some cases, the actual move)..?

And keep emailing her every few weeks, to find out whats happening or if she needs anything.

Yeah if the time frame between granting visa and expiry of meds she will extend it.

Guest somsy77

Awesome!!! Congrats!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY! :cute:

Guest Luizinha

Hello there,

I've been lurking on this thread for a while now but finally submitted my application for the de facto partner visa this morning, so thought I'd join you for real.

We would like to go by mid-September but, from reading this, I think we're being overly optimistic with that date :sad:

I submitted it in person at Australia House in London, front loaded with meds and police checks so let's hope this speeds things up a little bit.....

Hello there,

I've been lurking on this thread for a while now but finally submitted my application for the de facto partner visa this morning, so thought I'd join you for real.

We would like to go by mid-September but, from reading this, I think we're being overly optimistic with that date :sad:

Well congrats on getting the application in, hopefully things will be quicker once the 1st July (start the the new Immigration year) comes.

Peach, your patience is well..... :wink: But the 1st of July is almost upon us so I will have my fingers crossed that yours is the 1st one granted :biggrin:

Guest sunnibee

Posted 20th May, lost photos and some docs in mail room of Aus house! :realmad:.Sent an email to say that they would give me an extra 10 days to send duplicate docs.Done.Phew. All accepted on 2nd June.Didnt realise I could frontload meds and PC so am doing both this week! Got photos back with docs etc 27th June. Waiting with baited breath for move to Perth as partner going back without me on the 5th July :arghh:...Love to all! x

Guest lauren81

Hi Guys! Could do with some advice/support! We submitted our fully loaded (sounds like a pizza!) application on 02/06/10, it was received 03/06/10, payment taken 04/06/10, we received documents back from AH on 11/06/10.

As yet we have had no communication from AH - no assignment of a case officer, no emails, nothing!!

I'm trying to be all zen about this and just wait it out, but everyone else seems to have had a CO assignment far earlier than this.

Should I phone to check on status? Has anyone else gone this long without any contact?

Thanks!

Guest FedUp
Hi Guys! Could do with some advice/support! We submitted our fully loaded (sounds like a pizza!) application on 02/06/10, it was received 03/06/10, payment taken 04/06/10, we received documents back from AH on 11/06/10.

As yet we have had no communication from AH - no assignment of a case officer, no emails, nothing!!

I'm trying to be all zen about this and just wait it out, but everyone else seems to have had a CO assignment far earlier than this.

Should I phone to check on status? Has anyone else gone this long without any contact?

Thanks!

Hi Lauren,

Receiving your documents back most likely means that you have a CO. As he/she is the one who would normally go through your application and papers and return whatever he doesn't need anymore.

If they didn't contact you this may mean that your application is complete. Your CO will contact you if he needed anything in order to process your application.

You can contact the AH (by phone or through the contact form) and they will be able to tell you whether you have a CO assigned or not as it's been more than 10 working days since they received your application.

Good luck

Here's the post we all never thought was going to happen:

Subclass 100 (I hope!) - Submitted 07/01/10

Payment taken - 12/01/10

CO Assigned, Medical and Police Certs requested - 14/01/10

Police Cert sent via Special Delivery - 26/01/10

Medical completed - 05/02/10

Medical results sent by Panel Doc to Australia House - 15/02/10

CO Acknowledged receipt of medical results (after prodding from me!) - 18/02/10

Partner Visa Subclass 100 GRANTED - 29/06/2010 at 23:02

So after all the repeated thou shalt not get your visa until July and not a moment sooner, if came through in June. :wub: :wub: :wub:

(is it too early for beer?)!