SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest somsy77

Hi, Can you cut and paste the email (taking out personal details) so we can advise you better...

So you were actually living together from June 2009 to March 2010? You should probably get some advice from a registered migration agent. There a few on here who might be able to advise better, Gollywobbler in particular. So if you message her, would be a good idea...

Good luck love,

S

Hi guys, thanks for all your help so far....CO assigned today, yay! he asked for more info.... " Please provide further evidence to show that you have been in a relationship with your current sponsor from June 2009 to June 2010." 1 piece for the past 12 months etc. Now can this be anything, I mean can it cover any of the 4 requirements?

I have been in the uk since the middle of march sorting out a legal matter....can i send copies of our time we have spoken on yahoo as contact? Have a PAYG mobile so I dont have a bill to send and yahoo = free calls!...

Also, as i was on a visitors visa in Aust, I wasn't on any bills or lease.

There was no mention of any PC or Meds wanted either?

Sorry, lol, last question, I am going to be sending bills etc from my OH to prove he lived at the same address to cover one for each month, would I get away with less than 12 on my own???

So scared that I can't prove this relationship on paper :frown:

Guest sarah77
9th June 2010: Sent off our application yesterday for Defacto Partner Visa subclass 309, using forms 47SP and 40SP (front loaded with Form 80, PCs and Meds - which had done last week).

Now our wait begins!

Little update from us:

9th June: Front loaded Application sent

10th June: Money taken out of account for visa

11th June: Assigned CO who emailed letting us know they'd received our application and requesting another piece of info.. Australian Police Check which hadn't anticipated.

** Make sure if you've spent more than than 365 days in Australia (in total) in the last 10 years you get one done! **

Our fault for not reading properly! - but such a pain, as we were hoping to be able to get all approved quickly and to leave the UK in Sept, but now we're having to wait for the aussie police check that could take weeks to come back. Booooo!

Also having to resend copies of passports and birth certificates which we had certified by bank manager.. but apparently this isn't accepted, so solicitor booked in to sign now on Thurs and send back.

More waiting...and I'm a bit impatient (although totally mixed feelings - excited and sad - about leaving home!)!

x

Guest somsy77

Good luck Sarah! Wont be long now honey!

xx

Little update from us:

More waiting...and I'm a bit impatient (although totally mixed feelings - excited and sad - about leaving home!)!

x

Guest sarah77
Good luck Sarah! Wont be long now honey!

xx

Thanks Somsy!

See you've just got your visa back approved, that's really exciting, you must be pleased! When and where are you off to?

x

Guest somsy77

We are planning on going in October, (waiting on my PhD to be done), to Brissy... :)

Thanks Somsy!

See you've just got your visa back approved, that's really exciting, you must be pleased! When and where are you off to?

x

Oh thats good news.... phew... all that worrying for nothing honey!

And good luck Emma. The waiting game starts now...

My application was delivered today!

Thank Goodness!

:cute:

Guest garysgirl63
Hi, Can you cut and paste the email (taking out personal details) so we can advise you better...

So you were actually living together from June 2009 to March 2010? You should probably get some advice from a registered migration agent. There a few on here who might be able to advise better, Gollywobbler in particular. So if you message her, would be a good idea...

Good luck love,

S

We started living together in oct 2008 in aust, came back to the UK for 5 weeks around june time last year then in late march this year to sort out a legal matter.

here is the email you asked for...

Partner visa requirements

X To date, the evidence you have supplied is not sufficient to make a decision about whether you satisfy the relationship requirement with your sponsor. Therefore, you are required to provide further information to substantiate your claims in this regard. Please provide further evidence to show that you have been in a relationship with your current sponsor from June 2009 to June 2010.

Documents that are often provided to substantiate a person’s claim that they are in a genuine relationship include but are not limited to;

· Joint financial or legal documents (mortgage, bank account, utility bills, will, etc)

· Individual financial or legal documents showing the same address

Regarding volume of documents, we usually require 1 piece of evidence per person per month for the above period. We need to see your names, address and date on each document. Separate bills are acceptable in the event that you do not have documents addressed to both of you.

You should refer to Part 7 of the Partner Migration Booklet for the type of evidence you can provide. Please DO NOT include such items as videos, cassette tapes, compact discs, greeting cards, photographs, USBs or other electronic material or items, personal correspondence between you and your partner and no more than five statutory declarations from friends and family. Photocopies of relationship information are preferred.

.......I have 9 letters so far covering 7 months....OH can do all 12 ..

hope this helps?

Guest sarah77
We are planning on going in October, (waiting on my PhD to be done), to Brissy... :)

Good luck with that!!

We might see you there then.. as we're not sure whether to live in Bris Vegas or the Gold Coast (although I love the Sunny Coast).. we'll be doing lots of recces!!

x

Guest somsy77

Not sure if thats ok hun, as they specifically ask for bills and for one piece per month. So you definitely need to try and do that, or are there any reasons you can give for not having them. Cant you print off online bank statements for June 2009-2010?

And also important is do your 9 pieces for 7 months start in June 2009 and end for June 2010? If you have a few pieces missing from the middle of that period it should be acceptable not so sure about beginning and end of the period.

They will ask for meds and PCC once the relationship requirement is met - first check box ticked in their opinion.

They need evidence for the 12 months immediately preceding the date of application. In my case I sent bills from March 8th 2009 to March 4th 2010 (I didnt realise I was 4 days short), with my application posted on the 11th. They asked for evidence of continuing relationship i.e. bills/ bank statements for the 7 days preceding the application received by them. So they are pretty strict about the 12 month requirement.... Do they know you are apart and the reason for it... ?

Also the email below says NOT to send personal correspondence (emails?) between the two of u... So dont send the yahoo chats as that wont be considered.

Definitely IM gollywobbler or one of the other registered migration agents, or consult someone in an agency, they usually give you first 15 mins free.

xx

We started living together in oct 2008 in aust, came back to the UK for 5 weeks around june time last year then in late march this year to sort out a legal matter.

here is the email you asked for...

Partner visa requirements

X To date, the evidence you have supplied is not sufficient to make a decision about whether you satisfy the relationship requirement with your sponsor. Therefore, you are required to provide further information to substantiate your claims in this regard. Please provide further evidence to show that you have been in a relationship with your current sponsor from June 2009 to June 2010.

Documents that are often provided to substantiate a person’s claim that they are in a genuine relationship include but are not limited to;

· Joint financial or legal documents (mortgage, bank account, utility bills, will, etc)

· Individual financial or legal documents showing the same address

Regarding volume of documents, we usually require 1 piece of evidence per person per month for the above period. We need to see your names, address and date on each document. Separate bills are acceptable in the event that you do not have documents addressed to both of you.

You should refer to Part 7 of the Partner Migration Booklet for the type of evidence you can provide. Please DO NOT include such items as videos, cassette tapes, compact discs, greeting cards, photographs, USBs or other electronic material or items, personal correspondence between you and your partner and no more than five statutory declarations from friends and family. Photocopies of relationship information are preferred.

.......I have 9 letters so far covering 7 months....OH can do all 12 ..

hope this helps?

Guest somsy77

That will be brilliant... We will probably reccie a lot as well. Plan on sunshine coast for a brief interlude with OH's parents, and then maybe Brissy. But Sydney might become an option if job offers happen...

Good luck with that!!

We might see you there then.. as we're not sure whether to live in Bris Vegas or the Gold Coast (although I love the Sunny Coast).. we'll be doing lots of recces!!

x

Guest FedUp
Applpication sent 26/2/2010, meds requested 28/2/2010, meds and police checks sent 19/3/2010, another police check sent 26/4/2010, Still waiting!!!!!:goofy:

Sorry Rebrol to see that you've been waiting that long. :hug:

But why is taking you that long as your application seems to me very straightforwards?! There are members here who applied after you and already got theirs!

I respect your patience, really. I have only applied a month ago and I've been calling my CO every week to say Hi! May be just may be he will think I'm a banana and give me my visa to get rid of my annoying weekly calls!:goofy:

Wonder if this is part of the reason why AH is dragging it's feet and keen to push applications into July? : Australian Immigration - Legislation Change Update

Hmmmm I hope that, that is not the case as not only will it cost more but it will also delay it further while you get the additional checks/info they want. It would be handy to know now if they are going to request it as at least you can start the ball in motion.

Hmmmm I hope that, that is not the case as not only will it cost more but it will also delay it further while you get the additional checks/info they want. It would be handy to know now if they are going to request it as at least you can start the ball in motion.

i thought that once a visa is in process they cannot change the goal posts?

Hi guys, thanks for all your help so far....CO assigned today, yay! he asked for more info.... " Please provide further evidence to show that you have been in a relationship with your current sponsor from June 2009 to June 2010." 1 piece for the past 12 months etc. Now can this be anything, I mean can it cover any of the 4 requirements?

I have been in the uk since the middle of march sorting out a legal matter....can i send copies of our time we have spoken on yahoo as contact? Have a PAYG mobile so I dont have a bill to send and yahoo = free calls!...

Also, as i was on a visitors visa in Aust, I wasn't on any bills or lease.

There was no mention of any PC or Meds wanted either?

Sorry, lol, last question, I am going to be sending bills etc from my OH to prove he lived at the same address to cover one for each month, would I get away with less than 12 on my own???

So scared that I can't prove this relationship on paper :frown:

Hiya I would send whatever you have to prove you were in contact. Definately send your yahoo time - do you have any e-mails you kept? Or records of home phone bills which were itemised?

I wouldn't worry about the meds or police checks yet - they seem to work through the applications bit by bit. For example they requested meds, uk police checks and oz police checks for me, which I sent. Then once they had received them they requested an OZ police check for my husband - which really annoyed me as we could have done it at the same time as mine. However, I think they were obviously working through my application, and then my sponsers and only if they are satisfied with the first stage do they look further - if that all makes sense!!!:goofy:

Thanks FedUp - nothing in AU House seems to make much sense - straightforward or not! I woudn't mind but we had to do all this when we first came to the UK to get my Husbands permanent resident visa!! You'd think why would we do all that if we weren't genuine!!!

Think the weekly calls are a good idea - if you can get hold of your CO - mine never answers his phone!!! Hope you get yours quicker!!!

Little update from us:

9th June: Front loaded Application sent

10th June: Money taken out of account for visa

11th June: Assigned CO who emailed letting us know they'd received our application and requesting another piece of info.. Australian Police Check which hadn't anticipated.

** Make sure if you've spent more than than 365 days in Australia (in total) in the last 10 years you get one done! **

Our fault for not reading properly! - but such a pain, as we were hoping to be able to get all approved quickly and to leave the UK in Sept, but now we're having to wait for the aussie police check that could take weeks to come back. Booooo!

Also having to resend copies of passports and birth certificates which we had certified by bank manager.. but apparently this isn't accepted, so solicitor booked in to sign now on Thurs and send back.

x

Hi Sarah I know how you feel regarding the Aus police check - I knew I would probably have to have one but we didn't bank on my husband(who is Aussie) needing one as well. New rules state that if you are migrating with children your OH must also have a Au police check because they might be a danger to your children! Which is obviously fine if you are in the UK but not in Australia???? How illogical is that????

On the plus side our Au police check came back quicker than our UK one! It didn't even look official!! Hope you get it all sorted quickly!!

Guest sarah77
Hi Sarah I know how you feel regarding the Aus police check - I knew I would probably have to have one but we didn't bank on my husband(who is Aussie) needing one as well. New rules state that if you are migrating with children your OH must also have a Au police check because they might be a danger to your children! Which is obviously fine if you are in the UK but not in Australia???? How illogical is that????

On the plus side our Au police check came back quicker than our UK one! It didn't even look official!! Hope you get it all sorted quickly!!

Oh no - I can't believe they didn't ask you for them both at the same time!! I did double check that my partner (Aussie also) didn't need one and they said just me - we don't have any babies yet!! But what a rule??!

I thought it was much easier to go through this all if you had children already. You can just never tell can you.

Good luck with yours too! Hopefully they'll all come back together ASAP!

x

Thanks FedUp - nothing in AU House seems to make much sense - straightforward or not! I woudn't mind but we had to do all this when we first came to the UK to get my Husbands permanent resident visa!! You'd think why would we do all that if we weren't genuine!!!

Think the weekly calls are a good idea - if you can get hold of your CO - mine never answers his phone!!! Hope you get yours quicker!!!

im like you as my husband had to get his british visa first and now im doing the same for Aus we cant carry a sham marriage for that long!

Guest somsy77

Hi Rebrol,

While thats good advice to send anything and everything, if you see the email she was sent, they specifically ask for 12 pieces of 'bills' for each month they were together, and specifically say not to send communications between the two of them....

But yea cant hurt to sent yahoo chats, she will just have CO turn around and say 'I still need bills for the 12 months for both of you'

Hiya I would send whatever you have to prove you were in contact. Definately send your yahoo time - do you have any e-mails you kept? Or records of home phone bills which were itemised?

:goofy:

oooh I feel like I've been told off!!:wink:I do aplogize I had not seen the e-mail that was sent to Garysgirl!

On a different note my husband spoke to my CO today who told him that my visa will be granted on the 1st July!! I don't quite understand why he can't grant it now though?? He said he would be sending a letter requesting passports! It's all rather confusing!!!:err:

oooh I feel like I've been told off!!:wink:I do aplogize I had not seen the e-mail that was sent to Garysgirl!

On a different note my husband spoke to my CO today who told him that my visa will be granted on the 1st July!! I don't quite understand why he can't grant it now though?? He said he would be sending a letter requesting passports! It's all rather confusing!!!:err:

I'm going to tell you off too.. As I've repeatedly said, the migration year runs from June-June, so any application that is processed on July 1st will show as being part of 2010-2011 migration year figures. Australia House are given a quota for family migrations each year, pushing applications to July 1st means they're allocated from next years quota.