SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest FedUp
just handed in my remaining documents so lets see what happens. The original paperwork was handed in 4th May and meds suppllied 18th May and all remaining docs 15th June.

What I want to know is will it 3-4 months from 4th May or the 15th June?

I guess from the date of the first email you get from your CO.

Best person to ask is your CO....

i have sent her an email detailing what i have provided and asked timings also now just have to wait......

Just got an out of office and she will not be back till 21st June so have to wait a while now.....................

Guest triksta
i have sent her an email detailing what i have provided and asked timings also now just have to wait......

Just got an out of office and she will not be back till 21st June so have to wait a while now.....................

Arrrgghhh, how annoying!! You would think that someone would be picking up the case officers work in their absence..... :mad:

We sent our application off 7th June 2010, case officer wrote back to us on 10th June 2010 (money taken on 10th June 2010) asking for police check and medical, more information and a page from my husbands application again as he didn't date one page (I could have killed him!!)

We have been told the 3-4 month time frame as well, depending on complexity of application, which I am hoping should be fairly simple.. married 5 years, together 8 years.... they say that if you fall pregnant it may get through faster too.... but he isn't buying that!!!!

Good luck to all..... :cool:

Arrrgghhh, how annoying!! You would think that someone would be picking up the case officers work in their absence..... :mad:

We sent our application off 7th June 2010, case officer wrote back to us on 10th June 2010 (money taken on 10th June 2010) asking for police check and medical, more information and a page from my husbands application again as he didn't date one page (I could have killed him!!)

We have been told the 3-4 month time frame as well, depending on complexity of application, which I am hoping should be fairly simple.. married 5 years, together 8 years.... they say that if you fall pregnant it may get through faster too.... but he isn't buying that!!!!

Thanks hope it get processed quicker then the 3-4 months!

Guest garysgirl63

Hi there, I have a question....Do you have to be in the UK when you get your visa if you have applied for it here?....could I get a visitors visa, go back to Aust (where my OH is), then before my partner visa is finalized, leave and go to fiji or new zealand then go back when I have the visa? Im not really sure how it all works?

Guest somsy77

Good luck, Salma. You could call the AH, and ask for your case officer/person handling your CO's workload and create a stink about waiting for so long ...etc etc

Guest somsy77

Just ask your CO when you get contact. Best person to clarify, altho I have heard of other ppl doing something similar... just ask your CO.

Hi there, I have a question....Do you have to be in the UK when you get your visa if you have applied for it here?....could I get a visitors visa, go back to Aust (where my OH is), then before my partner visa is finalized, leave and go to fiji or new zealand then go back when I have the visa? Im not really sure how it all works?

just handed in my remaining documents so lets see what happens. The original paperwork was handed in 4th May and meds suppllied 18th May and all remaining docs 15th June.

What I want to know is will it 3-4 months from 4th May or the 15th June?

Officially they say 3-4 months from original receipt of application. However, I wouldn't hold your breath. Some peoples being processed in 3 months but lots of us are still waiting over 4 months for them!!!:arghh:

From what i understand as long as you are offshore anywhere when your visa is granted it doesn't matter where as long as you let your CO know about your travel plans to Aus!!

I also thought that our case would be fairly straightforward - married 5 years, together 8 with 2 children but have been waiting 16 weeks now! It doesn't seem to be the case!!

I also thought that our case would be fairly straightforward - married 5 years, together 8 with 2 children but have been waiting 16 weeks now! It doesn't seem to be the case!!

how can ppl string a marriage along for so many years and have kids too!

Have you called them to see what is taking so long?

Guest triksta
I am starting to worry n ow as my application has not been delivered :cry:

I have emailed them but had no response- what should I do?

x

Fingers crossed for you. :arghh:

As I keep sayign, patience is NOT a virtue I am blessed with.....

how can ppl string a marriage along for so many years and have kids too!

Have you called them to see what is taking so long?

I know pretty ridiculous really. I had an e-mail from my CO today saying that there is a large volume of applications at the moment - Blah, blah, blah! That sometimes it takes longer than 3 months (Try 4 months!) and that he would let me know on July 1st if my application can be finalised!

I e-mailed back saying I had booked flights and handed my notice in as if i hadn't I wouldn't be able to leave until after Xmas! Wait and see what he says to that!!!

Applpication sent 26/2/2010, meds requested 28/2/2010, meds and police checks sent 19/3/2010, another police check sent 26/4/2010, Still waiting!!!!!:goofy:

Guest epollard74

Wahoo, CO assigned at last! Only looking for Meds, which I did last week so they should have the results early next week. :biggrin:

Now just to put on the slippers, dressing gown and my pipe and sit back and wait........!:SLEEP:

Guest christinenpete
Wahoo, CO assigned at last! Only looking for Meds, which I did last week so they should have the results early next week. :biggrin:

Now just to put on the slippers, dressing gown and my pipe and sit back and wait........!:SLEEP:

Good news :biggrin:

Guest garysgirl63

Hi guys, thanks for all your help so far....CO assigned today, yay! he asked for more info.... " Please provide further evidence to show that you have been in a relationship with your current sponsor from June 2009 to June 2010." 1 piece for the past 12 months etc. Now can this be anything, I mean can it cover any of the 4 requirements?

I have been in the uk since the middle of march sorting out a legal matter....can i send copies of our time we have spoken on yahoo as contact? Have a PAYG mobile so I dont have a bill to send and yahoo = free calls!...

Also, as i was on a visitors visa in Aust, I wasn't on any bills or lease.

There was no mention of any PC or Meds wanted either?

Sorry, lol, last question, I am going to be sending bills etc from my OH to prove he lived at the same address to cover one for each month, would I get away with less than 12 on my own???

So scared that I can't prove this relationship on paper :frown: