SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest somsy77

I was a bit worried only coz she'd put down her email as the OH's. Best bet is to respond making it clear its a joint email.

I agree with just saying it's a joint one.

Guest epollard74
cant go to aus house tomorrow as its the queen birthday so its closed!:arghh:

Really, it's closed!? Crap, still waiting for to be assigned a CO. Almost a week after they received my application. :sad:

Ok, so me not knowing that it was a national holiday sent my application recorded delivery on Friday!. They have not been able to deliver it as Aust House is closed so it has been returned to the local delivery office and a card has been left saying that they were not able to deliver:mad:

Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so what happend?

This is just my luck!

Guest FedUp
If I have dual nationality can I have Australian and English bank holidays too?!

I wish. In my case, if that was true I'd have 1/2 a year holiday:goofy:

Guest somsy77

Maybe call AH tomorrow morning and find out what needs to be done? I am sure they will have a procedure in place already of picking up items from local delievry office when they get back from holidays.

Ok, so me not knowing that it was a national holiday sent my application recorded delivery on Friday!. They have not been able to deliver it as Aust House is closed so it has been returned to the local delivery office and a card has been left saying that they were not able to deliver:mad:

This is just my luck!

They close for Australian national holidays as well as the UK ones.

Yes can't bloomin believe it!! No wonder processing takes so much longer if they are always on holiday!! I encountered this problem today as I am getting really impatient and thought I would phone my CO!! It's been 16 weeks now!:arghh:

Guest christinenpete
If I have dual nationality can I have Australian and English bank holidays too?!

I was thinking the same thing :wink:

Guest christinenpete

This is just my luck!

We sent Pete's police certificate on Saturday special delivery, had the same reply as you Em when i got home from work:frown: Grrrrrr!

Lets hope they can go and pick them all up :confused:

I think it's a case of not having immediate travel plans, so being bottom of the pile in priority. CO told me back in March that my application was complete....

So do you think it is worth me telling mine that we have booked our flights for August?? And I've handed my notice in at work?? And we've sold our house???

We sent Pete's police certificate on Saturday special delivery, had the same reply as you Em when i got home from work:frown: Grrrrrr!

Lets hope they can go and pick them all up :confused:

Bloomin annoying aint it! God knows where our application is!:arghh:

Silly holiday!

x

So do you think it is worth me telling mine that we have booked our flights for August?? And I've handed my notice in at work?? And we've sold our house???

I'm sure you had the same welcome email from your CO that said:

As a guideline for yourself, current processing times for Family Migration

visas at the Australian High Commission London are approximately 3-4 months

due to our current workloads. This timeframe can vary however depending on

various factors including the complexity of the application. We therefore

recommend that you do not take any irreversible action during the

processing of your application (such as leaving your employment, purchasing

airline tickets, or selling your property) until and unless it has been

confirmed in writing that your visa has been granted.

So yes, please contact your CO impress upon her the urgency of your application.. Push my own application a little further down the pile while you're at it. :wink:

Joking aside, I'd rather wait longer than see your plans torpedoed. Just don't expect me to like it :wub:

Guest EmilandMarleen

I would tell your case officer but not sure it will speed things up. We are in the same boat - leaving UK early August and we have both resigned from our jobs, but we are still waiting for our visa and have been told we won't get it until early July.

I would tell your case officer but not sure it will speed things up. We are in the same boat - leaving UK early August and we have both resigned from our jobs, but we are still waiting for our visa and have been told we won't get it until early July.

I am going to phone my CO today and see what he says! Will let you know!!:wacko:

just handed in my remaining documents so lets see what happens. The original paperwork was handed in 4th May and meds suppllied 18th May and all remaining docs 15th June.

What I want to know is will it 3-4 months from 4th May or the 15th June?