SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Ok I have given in and e-mailed my CO to ask when he is likely to finalise my visa as it's been 15 weeks now! I was fine until I read lots of other people have recently got theirs and am feeling a bit left out!!! But at least they seem to be moving again!!

Guest somsy77

I was not amused when someone who applied after me and got a CO at the same time, got theirs at 8 weeks. lol. Email them for sure!!

Ok I have given in and e-mailed my CO to ask when he is likely to finalise my visa as it's been 13 weeks now! I was fine until I read lots of other people have recently got theirs and am feeling a bit left out!!! But at least they seem to be moving again!!

Guest rachandjon
Plastic folders? Even though AH ask you not to? Please see me after school.. :biggrin:

How Should I Put My Application Together?

Please do not make complex collations of your application papers. We waste a lot of time (and risk injury to life and limb) deconstructing applications which have been extensively stapled or artfully put together in complex folders with indexes, dividers and tabs. Do not use plastic inserts. Please leave the papers, loosely divided by slide-on paper clips if you feel it is absolutely necessary, in a simple stack. Application form on the top; sponsorship form next; key personal documents next (birth and marriage certificates etc); formal statutory declarations next; and other supporting documents last.

Please do not send us video tapes or photograph albums. If you would like to support your claims with photographs, please choose a representative selection and make a photocopy.

Please do not send us phone cards at all as they can tell us nothing. If you wish to send examples of correspondence, please be very selective and send copies only.

Ha ha ha!!! I didn't even read that bit - anal at first glance and completely unorganised when you delve a little closer!!! That is most teachers I know actually.... :biglaugh:

YAY just got my visa confirmed email! Exactly 3 months to the day of application!

WOOO HOOO

THANKS peach, siamsusie, and everyone else who helped so much!!

Congrats :jiggy: another one bites the dust.... Good luck with the move down under. All the best.

Ha ha ha!!! I didn't even read that bit - anal at first glance and completely unorganised when you delve a little closer!!! That is most teachers I know actually.... :biglaugh:

I skim read "....anal...most teachers I know...." :Randy-git: (Sorry couldn't resist!)

Guest epollard74
YAY just got my visa confirmed email! Exactly 3 months to the day of application!

WOOO HOOO

Congratulations Somsy, you must be thrilled.:biggrin: You can de-stress now!

Got my Medical done today but as yet no CO assigned. At least I have everything done now unless they request any other bits of info. If 2 large ring binders isn't enough.....!! :twitcy:

Guest somsy77

Thanks Yeahbut n Epollard!

De-stress is a good word... Now if I can just finish my very stressful PhD, life would be very good indeed. Looking to move in Oct now as we've postponed plans from Aug. Hopefully Oct it is.... :)

:)

Epollard, when did they take money off your card ? 2 large ring binders ? WOW. mine was a big heap of papers loosely arranged with some paper clips and liberal use of highlighters. It was a kg ish (maybe more), cant remember.

Guest EmilandMarleen
Thanks Yeahbut n Epollard!

De-stress is a good word... Now if I can just finish my very stressful PhD, life would be very good indeed. Looking to move in Oct now as we've postponed plans from Aug. Hopefully Oct it is.... :)

:)

Epollard, when did they take money off your card ? 2 large ring binders ? WOW. mine was a big heap of papers loosely arranged with some paper clips and liberal use of highlighters. It was a kg ish (maybe more), cant remember.

Congrats, so nice to hear some more approvals are coming through!

Guest somsy77

Thanks EmilandMarleen, wont be long for you now... fingers crossed or like a South African friend says I'm holding thumbs for you...

xx

Peach - just spoke to my CO - apparently as the rules changed mid march, and I applied the week earlier, I am still on the old system, so wont get a 100 form...

Sorry am probably really naive but what did they change about the 100 in mid-March? I was hoping to be granted the 100 as well and I also applied in February! Sorry if I have got the wrong end of the stick, but they keep changing the rules and I don't have enough time to keep up with it all!!:wacko:

Guest christinenpete
Just spoken to Australia House and they say I can submit application with copies of aussie stat declarations with a note to say that originals can be provided if necessary!

So, I will be stoppping off at the post office tonight!

OMG! I feel sick with nerves! :swoon:

Good luck :wink:

Guest christinenpete
I was wondering when we would be assigned a CO, I guess that answers my question and I'll stop checking our emails so much :rolleyes:

Got an email assigning our CO today :biggrin: so hopefully more of you that applied at a simular time will start being assigned to CO's too

Guest christinenpete

WOOO HOOO

WOOOHOOO!!! Congrats :jiggy:Good luck with your future plans :smile:

Guest somsy77

Hi Emma,

Do you mean who gets emails about the application. The applicant, or the email that you put down as applicant's email.

Emmaroo: I sincerely hope that your partner has put as much effort and thought into this visa application as you. Since it is his application afterall....

Unless you put your email address down as the contact details for your partner, you will not get any updates. :wub:

Emmaroo: I sincerely hope that your partner has put as much effort and thought into this visa application as you. Since it is his application afterall....

Unless you put your email address down as the contact details for your partner, you will not get any updates. :wub:

No, I have done most of it! He is a night shift worker so he sleeps during the day which makes it awkward for him to do stuff so its been left up to me! :wacko:

Thanks

Emma

Ah in which case that really sucks for people who have applied afterwards! I am hoping to get the 100? Has anyone else got this recently?

I dont think you will - ive been told I wont and I applied in march!

its very annoying.

peach when did yu apply? or have you done 5 years anyhow?

Guest christinenpete
Can I ask who gets notification of progress of application is the applicant or does the sponsor get notification too?

Thanks

Emma

I thought we both might get emails to notify us of how the application is progressing. Alas no, just Pete, which means I have to keep pestering him to check his emails... think I might just have to pinch his password and do it myself :wink:

Guest somsy77

My OH pestered me to check my email every 5 mins. He was more on pins and needles than I was :) which is saying a lot ! :rolleyes:

I thought we both might get emails to notify us of how the application is progressing. Alas no, just Pete, which means I have to keep pestering him to check his emails... think I might just have to pinch his password and do it myself :wink:

Guest christinenpete

LOL, I think I should get his password or I'll be doing the same to him! :biggrin:

I know it's his application, I think he's just more patient than me :wink: