SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest yougou
Were going out to celebrate tonight although Im off the booze for a little while so Ill be sticking to the OJ!

Posting my passport tomorrow so once thats back I will officially be VERY excited! :)

congratulation daysid ,all my best in aussi and enjoy your celebration !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest berkandmath
Peach - I think they are just stress testing our cardio-vascular systems before letting us in!:rolleyes: Making sure we are of stern stuff and all that.

Congratulations to those who have just got their visas! I am not at all bitter...enjoy the bubbly or other celebratory drink of choice!:wubclub:

I'll join you's!! Im january too! How the ruddy hell are march applicants getting theirs first?! congratulations.. fingers crossed we'll be soon

got an email requesting further information:

I need to prove that my relationship is genuine (even though we have been married for 4.5 yrs) so what should i supply:

Dont have a joint account (transfer money to husband for bills etc could show those transactions)

Any ideas?

Guest JayCook77

Congratulations Daisyd and Frannie, I too am a March applicant but as yet I am still waiting, its driving me crazy waiting with NO responses from my CO.... I emailled him, got no replies, so a couple of days ago I called him and he just said if the latest paperwork he asked me for was there it would be put into my file and falgged for reviewing.... Well that helps... I checked with the postoffice on my tracked letter (Note to all, Send special 24 hour delivery, its tracked so gives you a little peace of mind !!!) My letter did arrive the next day as I had thought, but now a week later I am still waiting for any confirmation from my CO about wether it is actually in my file and up for review or wether its sitting in someone elses pidgeon hole in the sorting room at the embassy where it will sit until the person comes back from a four week holiday or something.... I agree about the "Customer Service" comment.. Its definately a worrying situation.

Guest tino
got an email requesting further information:

I need to prove that my relationship is genuine (even though we have been married for 4.5 yrs) so what should i supply:

Dont have a joint account (transfer money to husband for bills etc could show those transactions)

Any ideas?

Hey Salma. What did you originally include?

They emailed back and IVE GOT THE VISA :) - subclass 309 Provisional Spousevisa.

Oh my god I think Im going to cry :)

Congrats daisyd :jiggy:At least now you kbnow you will make your flights :laugh: All the best for the future.

Tracey

Guest jacqndave

Hi, we are in the very same situation, been married 5 years in August.. we were asked to provide what I would say was an unreasonable request for information... 1 bill per person per month for the period of 12 months to show we had been together for more than 5 years... Who keeps bills for 6 years!! and who actually gets billed that way??

We had provided everything we had including sales of houses showing we had moved in together to the reciept for buying our dog together!!

I explained to the c/o we had nothing else so what can be done and it was explained that instead of getting the perm visa straight away we would be assessed on a temp visa!!! my first thought was "that's what I applied for in the first place"

but even the simple maths is we have a marrage cert showing 5 years in Aug it is fairly safe to say we were together before that date.. but hey that's paperwork for you.. I wouldn't worry I'm sure it will all be fine.

Hope that helps

Guest Amy30

I'm just coming up to the 2 month mark & getting rather anxious now...my case worker has given me std time line 3-4 mths. Is it possible to get sum timeline indication to plan??

Hey Salma. What did you originally include?

o provided

council tax letter in both our names (this yr)

bank statemnet (his from last month)

credit card (recent)

licence fee letter

maybe il include stuff going back a yr but I do not keep anything im a shredder girl husband has loads of stuff he is a hoarder!

Guest tino
o provided

council tax letter in both our names (this yr)

bank statemnet (his from last month)

credit card (recent)

licence fee letter

maybe il include stuff going back a yr but I do not keep anything im a shredder girl husband has loads of stuff he is a hoarder!

As per Peach - if you just transfer money between each others accounts to cover bills, then you can get a copy of your statements from your bank, or maybe via your online banking.

Also did you provide anything other than financial documents? Eg statement from friends, landlords, pictures, travel together etc?

We provided 12 months worth of bank statements to show we lived at the same address and transactions between accounts.

We also had a joint bank account for 5 months and included paperwork from that.

When the CO asked for more info it was because we live in a shared house so presume it was to prove we were a couple and not just housemates.

We got statements from house mates, landlord and wrote anothet statement confirming what date we started sharing a room.

Good luck!

As per Peach - if you just transfer money between each others accounts to cover bills, then you can get a copy of your statements from your bank, or maybe via your online banking.

Also did you provide anything other than financial documents? Eg statement from friends, landlords, pictures, travel together etc?

no other statements apart from his parents (both aussie) 5 pics thats all the guys said I could give had about 20 to choose from will print out trvel itenries of when we have been away in the last few yrs.

im just annoyed that a wedding certificate and the fact he has fulfiled uk immigration is not enough but I will carry on getting everything togther.

Guest tino
no other statements apart from his parents (both aussie) 5 pics thats all the guys said I could give had about 20 to choose from will print out trvel itenries of when we have been away in the last few yrs.

im just annoyed that a wedding certificate and the fact he has fulfiled uk immigration is not enough but I will carry on getting everything togther.

I think it is better to provide too much, than not enough. I am sending about 12 pictures spanning our time together in identifiable places (Paris, London, Amsterdam etc).

I can understand your frustration, but it does state on the advice that statement from family and friends only is not normally sufficient evidence :o)

Guest jayde

Hi Salma, Have you any docs from the UK application, like receipts or stamp in passport that you can use? The application for the UK immi does lend itself to prove your point.

The itineraries and any insurance or will showing the other as beneficiary may help too.

Hope you hear soon

Hi Salma, Have you any docs from the UK application, like receipts or stamp in passport that you can use? The application for the UK immi does lend itself to prove your point.

The itineraries and any insurance or will showing the other as beneficiary may help too.

Hope you hear soon

Thanks will add all those in aswell!

busy weekend for me printing/scanning

Guest tino
Thanks will add all those in aswell!

busy weekend for me printing/scanning

I know the feeling! I ran out of ink last week and was cursing and yelling about it :confused: I blame the stress!!

Guest jacqndave

OMG!!!! Just come home to an email ...... Visa Approved!!! Yeeeeee Haaaaa!!

and it's perm, now to have loads of wine and plan when we go...

congrats have a great time & good luck for your new life in Aus!

Guest tino

Congrats :jiggy:

Whoop whoop Congrats. Have fun celebrating and good luck with the move down under !!!

All the best for the future.

Tracey