SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I think it's taking a while to hear from a CO these days . I did hear about 6-8 weeks but that was a while ago so could be longer now? I applied 23rd June. Not sure about the sponsor form but I'll interested to hear. Got to get husband to crack on with it now he's finished work for 6 weeks!

I know! Small world, eh? [emoji2]

Spire didn't answer the phone when I rang wanting an appointment (!), so I went to Medmigration in Manchester instead; they were very good, and told me much the same as Spire told you, which is good to hear!

Exciting, isn't it? It's 10 months for us on 9th August, so hopefully not much longer to wait!

Also, PJd2628, thanks for your warm welcome and good advice, too.

Hi Croker, I'm just 3 days ahead of you in the line. Its been a long 9.5 months but worth it once the visa comes through I'm sure.

I had no inclination that my medical was okay but I was told by my visa agent that no news is good news! Good luck. Xx

Hi Croker, I'm just 3 days ahead of you in the line. Its been a long 9.5 months but worth it once the visa comes through I'm sure.

I had no inclination that my medical was okay but I was told by my visa agent that no news is good news! Good luck. Xx

Hi Jaclyn! I'll keep a very close eye on this thread to see how your application is coming along, seeing as we applied so close together...surely when either one of us is granted, the other can't have long to wait?

Thanks again to everyone who's offered advice regarding the medical - I assumed that "no news is good news", but it's nice to have that confirmed by other good people in the same boat.

I think it's taking a while to hear from a CO these days . I did hear about 6-8 weeks but that was a while ago so could be longer now? I applied 23rd June. Not sure about the sponsor form but I'll interested to hear. Got to get husband to crack on with it now he's finished work for 6 weeks!

Thanks Bound4Tassie - you've put my mind at rest!

Heck yes we are one month down! 9 to go (well thats hoping!)

I too have no case officer yet!

I'm gonna keep my eye on people who done their application in March, once they have their grant that's my 3 month count down. Will arrange shipping for the following month if poss, give notice on the house, move in with family & as soon as I get my visa will book flights for following month...... Well that's the plan in my head lol fingers crossed it all goes as smooth as that!! Lol

I'm gonna keep my eye on people who done their application in March, once they have their grant that's my 3 month count down. Will arrange shipping for the following month if poss, give notice on the house, move in with family & as soon as I get my visa will book flights for following month...... Well that's the plan in my head lol fingers crossed it all goes as smooth as that!! Lol

Yea thats a really good idea, tbh I will be keeping an eye out the whole time no doubt!

it must be so horrible having to wait to do all that, I'm already in oz so it's no way near as bad!

Yea thats a really good idea, tbh I will be keeping an eye out the whole time no doubt!

it must be so horrible having to wait to do all that, I'm already in oz so it's no way near as bad!

yep & trying to plan a wedding too, H2b in oz me here..... Driving us made!!!! Lol :wink::wink:

Hi Lea

Can I ask if you are there on a tourist visa? Looks like the 10 month mark is the timeframe for most people which means hubby's and step-daughter's be through end of January (lodged end of March).

My youngest at crucial stage in education (starts year 11 this September in the UK) and wrote asking for compassionate grounds to go earlier but unfortunately schooling not seen as good enough reason......

So....plan is to apply for tourist visa beginning of October, apparently they take a month (?) so if we got that beginning of November, all systems go for house content and tickets booked for end of November. I have read that you can extend the 3 month limit (we may need to as margins will be tight) but being there then means girls can at least be accepted into the school we want and spend a couple of days there before they break up. Hubby obviously wouldn't be able to work but 2 months wouldn't kill us and we'd be there for Xmas :-)

Anyone else any advice for going through this route??

Annaleis :-)

Hi Lea

Can I ask if you are there on a tourist visa? Looks like the 10 month mark is the timeframe for most people which means hubby's and step-daughter's be through end of January (lodged end of March).

My youngest at crucial stage in education (starts year 11 this September in the UK) and wrote asking for compassionate grounds to go earlier but unfortunately schooling not seen as good enough reason......

So....plan is to apply for tourist visa beginning of October, apparently they take a month (?) so if we got that beginning of November, all systems go for house content and tickets booked for end of November. I have read that you can extend the 3 month limit (we may need to as margins will be tight) but being there then means girls can at least be accepted into the school we want and spend a couple of days there before they break up. Hubby obviously wouldn't be able to work but 2 months wouldn't kill us and we'd be there for Xmas :-)

Hi, going out on eta visa in mid October, the visa came through instantly on buying the flight tickets. 3 month stay at a time. But remember you cant actually extend it, you have to leave the country and re enter to activate another 3 months. You can do this up to a maximum of 12 months. October will put us just shy of the 10th month.

Edited by Bronyaur
Typo

Hi Lea

Hello there we are doing the same.... I'm going out on a evisitor visa in Sept which will be 3 days before my 10 month mark is up but its only me that needs the visa as hubby and our 3 girls are Aussie citizens. It was the issue with starting school in September that we made the decision to go earlier rather than wait so we can get the girls in to school asap... The only thing that will be hard is when I have to leave for 3 days but we have Aussie nan coming up to help us hopefully they will be ok and I get a 3day mini holiday (havent had a day with no child for 10 years I wont know what too do with my self lol)

I applied on line for my evisitor visa. I applied on Friday and got my grant this morning (Monday) so all seems good...

Hello there we are doing the same.... I'm going out on a evisitor visa in Sept which will be 3 days before my 10 month mark is up but its only me that needs the visa as hubby and our 3 girls are Aussie citizens. It was the issue with starting school in September that we made the decision to go earlier rather than wait so we can get the girls in to school asap... The only thing that will be hard is when I have to leave for 3 days but we have Aussie nan coming up to help us hopefully they will be ok and I get a 3day mini holiday (havent had a day with no child for 10 years I wont know what too do with my self lol)

I applied on line for my evisitor visa. I applied on Friday and got my grant this morning (Monday) so all seems good...

Are you letting your CO know your going out? He or she might grant your visa so you dont have to do the 3 day thing.

Are you letting your CO know your going out? He or she might grant your visa so you dont have to do the 3 day thing.

its on my list of things to do tomorrow (last day before kids break up from school). Would be nice if that happend hay.

Were hoping the same, it would save alot of further expense. Weve already told our CO but are going to email him again the week before our flight just to see what happens. Ive seen others on here do the same close to the granting time frame and it has worked.

Were hoping the same, it would save alot of further expense. Weve already told our CO but are going to email him again the week before our flight just to see what happens. Ive seen others on here do the same close to the granting time frame and it has worked.

It would make life easier if visa was granted and save quite a bit to. Do you think I should tell CO now? or wait till nearer the time to let CO know?

It would make life easier if visa was granted and save quite a bit to. Do you think I should tell CO now? or wait till nearer the time to let CO know?

personaly id wait closer the time as its possible your plans may get overlooked and the CO may not remember getting the email. But if they know your flight details nearer the time they might just swing the grant for you. I guess it depends on how many their allowed to generate in that month.

personaly id wait closer the time as its possible your plans may get overlooked and the CO may not remember getting the email. But if they know your flight details nearer the time they might just swing the grant for you. I guess it depends on how many their allowed to generate in that month.

hmmm well you never know... I might wait till Im at the 9 month mark and send CO email then..

Will keep you updated with whats going on...

When I told my CO I was flying out in October he said to get in touch before I go and he might be able to help get the visa sorted.

fingers crossed they will issue most visas around the 10 month mark for us all. It would make life a lot easier if I get it before we go. hay ho what will be will be.... just gotta wait and see....

Hey Bronyaur

I'm a little confused with the different tourist visa's.........

You have an ETA 601 which is a charge of $20 and you can duck and dive in and out for 3 months at a time up to a year.......Does the year start when you set foot in Aus or from when it is granted?

I am failing to see the difference between that and the eVisitor which lets you do all that for free???

And why would someone then pay between $135 and $340 for a visitor 600 as all I can see it saving is leaving the country for a few days???!!!!

I have seen some posts (don't ask me where) saying be careful which one you apply for as it could negate the one you are waiting for........I couldn't think of anything worse right now than having to start again..........:arghh: