SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I GOT MY GRANT..................i asked my case office several times before entering aussie if it would be here in time and i was told it wouldnt, then within hours of arriving on shore i was told it was ready for granting when i left the country for 3 days. its like they were waiting for me to get onshore, or just a coincidence, who knows but ive got it and thats all that matters. off to nz it is sooo..............yey

No way! Congratulations. You're not going to know if you're coming or going!

Thanks snifter, the 9 month time frame suits us fine, even if it takes a bit longer doesn't matter, but certainly hoping to be gone before the end of 2014, so going for the medical sooner wouldn't really cause a problem for us. Didn't know if it was more advice or a rule. If we'll get a proverbial slap on the wrist if we go sooner though then we'll just wait.

You need a HAP number to take medical as it's all uploaded online now and CO gives you this after you lodge.

Guest Sdavis654

Thats great news for those who have gotten their grants....hopefully with the time frame people are getting grants, i'm hoping mine comes through on Wednesday...still keeping my fingers crossed

Stupid question but... When you actually arrive with your partner visa what actually happens?

Do they just scan and you're in easy as if you're a tourist or is there a bit more to it?

That's about it. Just stick with partner in the Aus queue is what I do every time. With kid in tow.

Fwiw, they had people arriving on substantial visas on the system and I had to nip over to a desk after they scanned my passport and visa came up on it. They double checked my pic on their system to me, said welcome to Australia as they stamped an entry date in my passport. That was it.

Make sure you get a stamp in your passport.

Hello!

New to to the posting but not the browsing :) Almost makes this whole process a bit more bearable when you know other people are in the same boat!

Applied London 7th June 2013

Case officer assigned 20th June (SV)

Medicals and Police Checks (Aus & UK) processed late September 2013

Waiting, waiting, waiting! :)

Great to hear people are getting their visas granted who applied around the same time! Maybe there's a glimmer of light at the end of that tunnel after all.

Congrats to those who have had theirs granted recently!

Guest Sdavis654

I got the grant through this morning!!! Words cannot describe how happy I am right now :jiggy:

1 day off the 8 month mark

I want to thank everyone on here for their comments, support and encouragement

Edited by Sdavis654