SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Just had the email from my case officer. Asked for Police, Medical & clarification on whether my Son needs to be on the visa (he does not) & finally me to correctly fill out question 82 on 47SP!

I had a look at it - and its the question which asks you

In which countries have you lived for 12 months (in total) or more during the last 10 years?

Please do not write ‘Nil’ or ‘N/A’. Include details for all members of your family unit included in your visa application.

I emailed him that I have not lived outside of the UK. I have moved between England and Scotland once - I wonder if I should have put that? Different countries but from a visa perspective I assumed

It was safe enough to see them as 1. Perhaps I am wrong?

Good luck all

I have just had excatley the same thing with question 82. My CO sent it back and he wanted me to list every address I had lived at for the last 10 years. A bit weird as that is not what the question asks for

Just had a call from co! She was basically giving me the option to go for the perm visa because we have a child. Unfortunately we can't go for it as we haven't but she did say that no further documentation was required from us in that case! I guess I can take that as a positive? So now we wait?

My application has finally been sent special delivery today for partner subclass 309. No medical but police check submitted. The wait begins. Hopefully will hear in 4-5 months but unlikely to go till October if Successful. Hopinbg it will be straightforward as no kids involved.

Have had challenges in getting the paperwork together (waiting for decree absolute after being separated for years).

Guest Tashywood
yeah no that feeling lol but least your CO not off ahhhh the frustration!!!!!!!!!!!

HI simmiekisses

i think you had same CO as me - PS.

I emailed one of the alternative contacts last week (MT) just asking whether there would be any progress in absence of PS and we received THE email from her yesterday confirming my 309 has been granted!!!!!!

we fly to Thailand on Tues and then arrive in Sydney on 12th April so the risk oof booking the flights didn't go horribly wrong!

4 months and 19 days!!!

good luck with getting yours through now.

Tashywood

Guest Courty7105

Looks as though as few us of have or are submitting in March - good luck to everyone else and congratulations to everyone who has been succesfull!!

HI simmiekisses

I emailed one of the alternative contacts last week (MT) just asking whether there would be any progress in absence of PS and we received THE email from her yesterday confirming my 309 has been granted!!!!!!

we fly to Thailand on Tues and then arrive in Sydney on 12th April so the risk oof booking the flights didn't go horribly wrong!

4 months and 19 days!!!

Tashywood

oh think i will try that chick thanks alot fingers crossed

HI simmiekisses

4 months and 19 days!!!

Tashywood

Oh and good luck congrats xx

Guest laroo76
HI simmiekisses

4 months and 19 days!!!

Tashywood

Huge congrats Tashy!!!! Yahh in time for your flights!!

Guest jimmyciara121

Hi everyone,

My partner and I submitted our application just over a month ago and had the money taken from our account a few days later, but havent heard anything! How long before you get a co? any help would be appreciated.

Ciara x

Guest wardie77
Looks as though as few us of have or are submitting in March - good luck to everyone else and congratulations to everyone who has been succesfull!!

Hi Courty7105! I am subbitting on Friday, good luck with your application too!

Keep up the correspondance as it is good to know basic timelines as we all move through the process as "March" applicants!

Guest wardie77
Hi everyone,

My partner and I submitted our application just over a month ago and had the money taken from our account a few days later, but havent heard anything! How long before you get a co? any help would be appreciated.

Ciara x

I am going to assume that as you are on this forum you are submitting a 309/100 application... if not this is the wrong forum for you.

After they have taken payment they should have contacted you within a few days of this to asked for your Meds to be done and also for any further information. I would contact AH where you are and ensure they haven't misplaced your application.

Good luck!

Guest wardie77
Well it my turn took the advice and changed the email visa granted 100 this morning woop woop!!!!

Well done!!! That is great news!!! Can you give us a rundown of your timings through the process?

Hi everyone,

Well we had an email from our co today to say that they now have all of the documents they need and that our temporary visa will be granted in mid-august.

At least we now know how long we have to wait and so we can sit back and forget about it...we weren't planning to go until September so hopefully this will all pan out for us!

Good luck to everyone else! Keep posting!

Posted 16/03/12

Rec'd 19/03/12

A/C debited: 19/03/12

CO Assigned: 20/03/12

Confirmation docs all ok: 21/03/12

Guest laroo76
Well it my turn took the advice and changed the email visa granted 100 this morning woop woop!!!!

Yippeee!! Well done Simmie! Really happy for you,, now the organising begins!! argh

Hi sorry been on 14 hr shift but had to post been busting all day. Screamed when I read it which isnt good as am an acute psychiatric nurse lol.

Here we go visa sent 1/11/2011 CO -PS money taken couple of days after.

Medicals, police check and more info requested.

No further info required 16/12/2011 and Visa granted 21/03/2012

Happy days totally awesome 100 permanent visa and was told have a job this morning as well they will contact me monday with a start date. Seriously walking on air!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by simmiekisses

Still collating my application. I was granted a temp spouse visa in 2003, left UK for Aussie, and returned back to UK with family within a year. Now returning as family of 5. Wondering if wait times will still be 5 months. Contacted High Commission was informed visa has since been cancelled.

Hi everyone,

Well we had an email from our co today to say that they now have all of the documents they need and that our temporary visa will be granted in mid-august.

At least we now know how long we have to wait and so we can sit back and forget about it...we weren't planning to go until September so hopefully this will all pan out for us!

Good luck to everyone else! Keep posting!

Posted 16/03/12

Rec'd 19/03/12

A/C debited: 19/03/12

CO Assigned: 20/03/12

Confirmation docs all ok: 21/03/12

Congratulations.... I am rather jealous I must admit. I asked you in PM - but may as well ask here as well! Did you front load your medical & police (Sorry if you said that elsewhere in this giant thread)

I am debating doing the 2 day police check (£70 instead of £35) just to not hold my application up further,

Congrats again!

Dave

Hi Dave, I'm pretty sure that police checks and medicals don't hold up the visa because the processing time goes from the day it was received. For example our visa went in 25th Jan ...we didn't get you police checks in till end of feb (because my partner had to have a aus one as he's from nz) and that didn't hold up anything, even though it was a month after the date the first visa forms were received. Current processing times are 4-5 months and that hasn't changed even though our forms were sent much later than the average.

Have u had your medical yet?

Hi Dave, I'm pretty sure that police checks and medicals don't hold up the visa because the processing time goes from the day it was received. For example our visa went in 25th Jan ...we didn't get you police checks in till end of feb (because my partner had to have a aus one as he's from nz) and that didn't hold up anything, even though it was a month after the date the first visa forms were received. Current processing times are 4-5 months and that hasn't changed even though our forms were sent much later than the average.

Have u had your medical yet?

Hi Dr27, Interesting. I suspected that to a degree as well (that 1 day of my delaying medical/police wasn't 1 day of delayed visa). But its great to read.

I am struggling to stop myself paying for the fast track police certificate though incase it does make a difference. So desperate to get the visa

and get out there now. I guess like most of us.

My medical is booked for the 29th - so next thursday. I hope I can post my police certificate request off tomorrow. I might just do the 'slow' option after all -

thanks for that.

Dave

Congratulations.... I am rather jealous I must admit. I asked you in PM - but may as well ask here as well! Did you front load your medical & police (Sorry if you said that elsewhere in this giant thread)

I am debating doing the 2 day police check (£70 instead of £35) just to not hold my application up further,

Congrats again!

Dave

Hi Dave,

I did reply but maybe it got lost in the net world somewhere, no worries, I did front load both police check and medical, the police check comes back pretty quickly to be honest, I think mine was done in approx 7 days? I'm guessing that once all your docs are in yours will be mid-august too? so the current processing time must be 5 months?