SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest nick2704

CO granted today and medicals requested!

Anyone else have VF?

Also does it make a difference if I get the medicals done asap as opposed to at the end of the month?

Second stage processing for 309 visa started in September 2011. I submitted new application forms, the update of personal details and recent evidence and have now been asked for a new ACPO clearance which I have applied for.

We posted the APCO form and a little more updated evidence and personal details at end February 2012 and the visa was granted on 3rd March, just 5 days later. Really pleased.

First stage was granted in November 2009, after submission in May 2009 - assisted by Go Matilda at that stage.

Second stage processing for 309 visa started in September 2011. I submitted new application forms, the update of personal details and recent evidence and have now been asked for a new ACPO clearance which I have applied for.

We posted the APCO form and a little more updated evidence and personal details at end February 2012 and the visa was granted on 3rd March, just 5 days later. Really pleased.

First stage was granted in November 2009, after submission in May 2009 - assisted by Go Matilda at that stage.

Just out of curiosity... Is another medical required at the second stage?

Many thanks for your advice..Did I read correctly that you got a CO today? I'm sure it is you on the next page. I'm defo going to contact them. You must both be really busy with organising things while dreading the separation time coming up. Hope everything goes smoothly and quickly for you.

I will let you know how I go.

P.S Sorry about the 4 being missing from your sign in name I tried to edit it but couldn't - sorry

Hi ScOz,

I posted my 309 application on Thursday and money was taken on Friday, but If I hear nothing this week about a C/O then I will call them next monday morning, I think a week or so is a reasonable time and you have been waiting longer than that so you could perhaps call them or send an enquiry on the DIAC contact form, I always received a reply within a couple of days using the contact form. You could always just say that you are wondering if they need any more info?

This is the contact page of the High Commission website, you should be able to find contact details here: http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/contact.html

The waiting is awful, I hear that. My OH leaves Glasgow for Perth in 3 weeks now and I am not looking forward to the waiting.

Hope you hear back soon, let us know!!

Nick

Guest nick2704

Hi ScOz

Yeh I got a CO today, I was quite surprised actually as from reading through the forums it seems that COs generally get granted a week or so after the application. If they have taken your money then they obviously have received the application, so my guess would be that they are working on it but the CO could be really busy or have gone on holiday... could be any reason so defo sounds like you need to give them a ring just to ask where it is all at.

It could possibly be that they are taking time to check through your application and see what extra info they might need from you? How much info did you send? I went totally overboard with my evidence, it weighed 2.5kg (!) and I havent been asked to provide anything more apart from the meds, so maybe your CO is trying to work out what additional info they need from you? But the best thing to do is call them first thing tomorrow and then at least you will know!

Im just trying to focus on the positives, as hard as it is. When OH is back in Oz its a perfect chance for me to get to the gym every day and prepare a proper beach body!! Also on my list is to pass my driving test as it will be a must living in Perth. I work with a few folk who have international partners and have been through long separations like these and the best advice they have is to keep really busy but also see it as a personal growth opportunity to take some evening classes or try out new hobbies or exercise more.

Let me know how you get on with the CO search!

Hi mtlboi,

At second stage we had to submit much the same type of information at stage 1 - so keep evidence. I am UK and my wife is Australian.

We were sent form 80 again but as nothing had changed in 2 years other than trips abroad we just sent in additional information. We wrote about changes that had occurred - the major change is that we were married in a ceremony attended by parents, one sister and two nieces who all flew in from Australia.

We also enclosed the most recent joint bank statement, recent correspondence to the UK address, social and holiday evidence, the marriage certificate and a few wedding photographs.

This was sent on October 29th 2011. On 11th Feb 2012, we were asked to update my APCO certificate. We sent that at the end of Feb together with updates to show we still had the bank account, correspondence and an update on some personal details of relatives which had changed since October (in case the CO asked later). The visa came through a few days later.

Guest wardie77

Hi All,

Just starting the 309/ 100 spouse process today. I have been "stalking" this thread for some time now and it is great to get everyones feedback. Will keep you updated with progress. I am aiming to submit my application next week with the hope I will get approved by the end of July this year!

good luck to all those waiting who have already applied!

Good luck Wardie 77!

I don't want to dampen your spirit too much but my stage 1 309 took 6 months in 2009, which I was told was quick. We used Go Matilda and I think that helped as our application was quote focussed.

Also after application, you have to apply for the APCO certificate and arrange the medical and there was quite a waiting list in Birmingham for appointments as that centre deals with applicants for lots of countries.

But hope you do get it quickly

Sorry mtlboi...just realised you asked about medicals......

No, I was not asked to take another medical but I was asked to send in a new APCO certificate as it had been over 12 months since the first submission.

There were no conditions applied to the visa grant either.

Sorry I missed your question

HI nick2704

Just letting you know how I got on. Bit the bullet this morning and sat on the phone hitting redial......got through and was told that I had been sent an e-mail on 22Feb with my CO name. I was then given the CO name and contact number and told to call and ask for the e-mail to be re-sent. I did this and true enough the e-mail has my CO details and it was requesting that I arrange a medical. Which I then went and did today and couldn't get one until nearly 2 weeks away. I have to travel to Edinburgh for it and it is £290 but at least I am getting nearer getting to Oz.

Appreciate your advice on seeing our separation as an opportunity for personal growth but to be honest I am hoping to use it as an opportunity for some personal shrinking (my body that is - other wise the only word attached to the word beach to describe me would be 'whale' because of all the comfort eating I am doing at the minute, lol!! Seriously though thanks again for the advice and go help organise and pack.

Hi ScOz

Yeh I got a CO today, I was quite surprised actually as from reading through the forums it seems that COs generally get granted a week or so after the application. If they have taken your money then they obviously have received the application, so my guess would be that they are working on it but the CO could be really busy or have gone on holiday... could be any reason so defo sounds like you need to give them a ring just to ask where it is all at.

It could possibly be that they are taking time to check through your application and see what extra info they might need from you? How much info did you send? I went totally overboard with my evidence, it weighed 2.5kg (!) and I havent been asked to provide anything more apart from the meds, so maybe your CO is trying to work out what additional info they need from you? But the best thing to do is call them first thing tomorrow and then at least you will know!

Im just trying to focus on the positives, as hard as it is. When OH is back in Oz its a perfect chance for me to get to the gym every day and prepare a proper beach body!! Also on my list is to pass my driving test as it will be a must living in Perth. I work with a few folk who have international partners and have been through long separations like these and the best advice they have is to keep really busy but also see it as a personal growth opportunity to take some evening classes or try out new hobbies or exercise more.

Let me know how you get on with the CO search!

Guest lusso
Hiya

I am another of those who submitted 309/100 application at the beginning November. I have found it really helpful reading everyone else's timeframe posts so i'll add my own details..

Date Sent: 01/11/2011

Payment Taken: 02/11/2011

C/O Appointed: 02/11/2011

I did actually front load both my medicals and police checks - i rang Australia House to get some advice before i did this and was told that although the official advice is not to do this, its not to say that you can't or they won't accept it, just that it gives you less time to have your visa's granted and enter the country as you must do this before either expires. We front loaded and had no problems at all.

I think we have been quite lucky as my c/o rang me in November to basically tell me my application has been approved and will be granted at the beginning of April and also confirmed that we would be getting the subclass 100.

Good luck everyone!

Subclass 100 Visa granted yesterday at 16.58!!!

My CO was aware that we had flights booked for 5th April due to me being pregnant and needing to fly before a certain point so I am not sure whether the visa has been granted a little earlier due to this or not but as it has been almost 4 and a half months since we submitted our app I'm hoping that this means the other November applications are about to start coming through!

Good luck people! X

Guest laroo76

My CO was aware that we had flights booked for 5th April due to me being pregnant and needing to fly before a certain point so I am not sure whether the visa has been granted a little earlier due to this or not but as it has been almost 4 and a half months since we submitted our app I'm hoping that this means the other November applications are about to start coming through!

Good luck people! X

Congratulations!!! We are 4th November, so hopefully not too far away! Who was your CO? I laughed when you wrote 16.58!! Good luck with baby!

Guest lusso

Thanks!

Haha well I get my emails straight to my phone so I was in a que in Tescos but thought it might bring hope to those who are refreshing their inbox until 5 oclock!

My CO was SV and she was fantastic, fingers crossed for you guys! X

Good luck people! X

Congrats Lusso! In record time compared to most lately it seems. Posting mine tomorrow all going well at the solicitors tonight.

Guest wardie77

Thanks fosseboy! it seems at the moment the processing is taking about 4-5 months. I have a friend who has just completed in 3 months so fingers crossed.

Our case is pretty straight forward so hopefully the rubber stamping won't be delayed too much.

Cheers!

Guest laroo76

Probably a stupid question, but what actually happens when you get your visa? So you get THE email, then what happens? Does the person who the visa is for have to send their passport to the Oz embassy? What do they get in their passport, a sticker, stamp? The reason I ask is that hopefully our visa wont be too much longer, and when it comes through my husbands passport will only have about 2 years validity left on it, just wondering when he gets his passport renewed in a couple of years, does he have to have another stamp/sticker put in his new one? If you know what I mean!

Guest wardie77

If you have the biometric passpotr type then you don't have to send in your passport (in my friends case anyway). They simply "elextrically tag" your passport so that when you go through Aus immigration etc they can see your visa. You should also retain your letter with your visa grant number. I assume if your passport is going to expire in 2 years you just need to let them know your new passport number. Same as if you change address details or any other contact info. In most cases in appears you do not have to sumit your passport.

I travel extensively, for work and pleasure, and there is no way I would be able to submit my passport. I figure they are smart enough at Australia house to know this.

FYI - I am in London makign my application and they seem to one of the more efficient offices at the moment.

I have already sent off my police check so should get that back in a few days which I will front load with my app. Just the meds i have to wait for as in London you need your case file number before the clinic will do the meds.

For anyone else the Knightbridge doctors have loads of availibility at the moment, I called them yesterday just to get an idea. They also do the electronic eHealth thing so there are very little delays.

Guest laroo76
If you have the biometric passpotr type then you don't have to send in your passport (in my friends case anyway). They simply "elextrically tag" your passport so that when you go through Aus immigration etc they can see your visa. You should also retain your letter with your visa grant number. I assume if your passport is going to expire in 2 years you just need to let them know your new passport number. Same as if you change address details or any other contact info. In most cases in appears you do not have to sumit your passport.

I travel extensively, for work and pleasure, and there is no way I would be able to submit my passport. I figure they are smart enough at Australia house to know this.

FYI - I am in London makign my application and they seem to one of the more efficient offices at the moment.

I have already sent off my police check so should get that back in a few days which I will front load with my app. Just the meds i have to wait for as in London you need your case file number before the clinic will do the meds.

For anyone else the Knightbridge doctors have loads of availibility at the moment, I called them yesterday just to get an idea. They also do the electronic eHealth thing so there are very little delays.

Thanks Wardie! I think my hubby has a biometric one, I will have to have a look now! Yes the London office seems very good, my hubby went for his medicals at the knightbridge office and they were great. I did tease my hubby and asked if they gave him a squeeze asked him to cough :eek: if you know what I mean?!! lol!!

Guest wardie77

Hahahaha! I like the last line of that post laroo76

Just out of interest, are you guys applying for defacto or married spouce?

We got married back in Australia in 2010, so have an aussie marriage certificate and have been in a relationship for 5 years and living together for 4 years, no kids as yet... :-) It all seems pretty straight forward if you are married as they don't seem to require as much info as for defacto... is there potentially anything I am missing here???

Guest laroo76
Hahahaha! I like the last line of that post laroo76

Just out of interest, are you guys applying for defacto or married spouce?

We got married back in Australia in 2010, so have an aussie marriage certificate and have been in a relationship for 5 years and living together for 4 years, no kids as yet... :-) It all seems pretty straight forward if you are married as they don't seem to require as much info as for defacto... is there potentially anything I am missing here???

We have applied for the married spouse at the start of November, so hoping to see something soon. Ours was straight forward, been together 10 years, married in VEGAS baby (it was easier with family being all over the world) 3 years ago, and we have two kids aswell. I think you still have to have as much as a defacto, still need to prove that you are really a couple and intend to stay that way. We ended up having an A4 expanding folder with all our stuff in it. I made a photo album with a collection of pics, but that got sent almost straight back. We front loaded our police checks but as you say, had to get a reference before we could do the medicals.. and for your information he did have to cough :laugh:

Guest wardie77
We have applied for the married spouse at the start of November, so hoping to see something soon. Ours was straight forward, been together 10 years, married in VEGAS baby (it was easier with family being all over the world) 3 years ago, and we have two kids aswell. I think you still have to have as much as a defacto, still need to prove that you are really a couple and intend to stay that way. We ended up having an A4 expanding folder with all our stuff in it. I made a photo album with a collection of pics, but that got sent almost straight back. We front loaded our police checks but as you say, had to get a reference before we could do the medicals.. and for your information he did have to cough :laugh:

Thanks laroo76 - just sent you a PM

Hey guys. I am new to this forum so thought I would say hey!

I am going to be aplpying for my de facto visa over the next month or so...Just collecting evidence now

Would really appreciate any handy tips you guys have from when you sent off for yours!

I am struggling a bit as we have done a lot of travelling and have always lived with parents etc...So yeah any pointers would be appreciated!

Also I know i need to have police checks done, can i get this done before i apply?

Thank you!

Ellie xx

Guest wardie77

Hi EllieB,

Welcome to the group! Good luck on getting everything in order for your application.

One way to think of the info I think is around all the things you have done as a couple, joint flight confirmations for travel/ flight bookings, photos of the two of you together over the years, invitations addressed to the 2 of you for weddings/ parties etc...

Also for your police check can be done by using this link - http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Good luck with your application. Just remember, you can never have too much info in these circumstances. If in doubt, send them everything! :-)

Thank you for your message wardie77! So I am ok to apply for these checks before? It is just the health check that may need to be done after?

We have quite a lot of travel docs etc and we have been a little more stable over the past year or so (even thought we have still been living with my parents!) Eeek it is just a bit nerve racking. I keep thinking about what if we don't have any info. Is it common for these visa to get rejected? We have been together 3 years now and I keep thinking about all the things I could've saved if I had just thought ahead.

Ahh well I am sure we will be ok :)