SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Kind of OT but does anyone know whether you have to travel within a certain timeframe after your spouse visa is granted?Just thinking about logistics with selling houses etc.
Like Laroo said it's basically before your meeds or police certain expire which is 12 months. Your CO will note in your grant letter the date that your visa will need to be activated by. You can visit Aus to activate then return to the UK if you wish to finish sorting everything out.

Guest Courty7105

Yeah Ive checked the link, for Northern Ireland it refers you to the UK, which covers London, Wales and Scotland but not Northern Ireland from what I can see :(

Guest waffquinze
Hi Waffquinze

We posted ours from Ireland by registered post on 1/11/11 - auspicious date! and got an email on 8/11/11 assigning a CO and requesting meds and police checks. You should have something in the next few days. Good luck with your application!

Thanks Braidwood, I really hope to hear something soon...I'm just being impatient! hehe.

Best of luck to you too! :)

Guest lusso

Hiya

I am another of those who submitted 309/100 application at the beginning November. I have found it really helpful reading everyone else's timeframe posts so i'll add my own details..

Date Sent: 01/11/2011

Payment Taken: 02/11/2011

C/O Appointed: 02/11/2011

I did actually front load both my medicals and police checks - i rang Australia House to get some advice before i did this and was told that although the official advice is not to do this, its not to say that you can't or they won't accept it, just that it gives you less time to have your visa's granted and enter the country as you must do this before either expires. We front loaded and had no problems at all.

I think we have been quite lucky as my c/o rang me in November to basically tell me my application has been approved and will be granted at the beginning of April and also confirmed that we would be getting the subclass 100.

Good luck everyone!

Guest laroo76
Hiya

I am another of those who submitted 309/100 application at the beginning November. I have found it really helpful reading everyone else's timeframe posts so i'll add my own details..

Date Sent: 01/02/2011

Payment Taken: 02/02/2011

C/O Appointed: 02/02/2011

I did actually front load both my medicals and police checks - i rang Australia House to get some advice before i did this and was told that although the official advice is not to do this, its not to say that you can't or they won't accept it, just that it gives you less time to have your visa's granted and enter the country as you must do this before either expires. We front loaded and had no problems at all.

I think we have been quite lucky as my c/o rang me in November to basically tell me my application has been approved and will be granted at the beginning of April and also confirmed that we would be getting the subclass 100.

Good luck everyone!

Hi

Your dates are Feb 2011? Is that right?

Guest Bazinga

I wonder if it really does depend in where you get the medicals done then because the London clinics will not let you do it without a HAL number.

I think it is a minimum of 4 months at the moment, our CO told me he couldn't grant before a certain date & I worked out that's 4 months. He did tell us we would be granted a 309 though and probably just after 4 months before 5 months was up

I wonder if it really does depend in where you get the medicals done then because the London clinics will not let you do it without a HAL number.

I think it is a minimum of 4 months at the moment, our CO told me he couldn't grant before a certain date & I worked out that's 4 months. He did tell us we would be granted a 309 though and probably just after 4 months before 5 months was up

I wonder what the gap in time is intended to do. It actually costs Australia money to delay in at least one way. The sooner I get a visa the sooner myself and my wife start paying Australian tax rather than UK tax.

Anyway - this is a slippery slope down a rabbit hole of trauma - ill side step it and carry on form filling! ;)

Guest Bazinga

My husband had a right old rant about it last night. I'm more laid back about it. I don't get the time lag either. If they are trying to stagger people entering well that's not working as loads go over before the visa is granted!

Guest Tashywood

Aaaahhhh!! I have been following this thread and other PIO forums with interest bordering on obsession as we submitted my application for a spouse visa (309) in early nov. I was starting to get excited until I just emailed our CO (PS) with our new temp address only to get an auto reply stating that he is on holiday until 26th March. The waiting is torture :-(

Guest laroo76
Aaaahhhh!! I have been following this thread and other PIO forums with interest bordering on obsession as we submitted my application for a spouse visa (309) in early nov. I was starting to get excited until I just emailed our CO (PS) with our new temp address only to get an auto reply stating that he is on holiday until 26th March. The waiting is torture :-(

Oh dear!! Someone else on here said the other day that their CO was off till the 26th, must have the same CO as you. Hope it comes sooner than later!

yeah i have same CO gutted when did you apply for visa mine was 1st november !!!!!!!!

Guest Tashywood
yeah i have same CO gutted when did you apply for visa mine was 1st november !!!!!!!!

Ours was the same time! Emailed in Jan and was told it was likely to be mid march. We had to move out of a rental property last week as it was sold and are currently staying in a holiday flat. Flights booked for 27th march so gutted that he didn't mention he would be away for 4 weeks. That's the gamble we took I guess

:-( good luck for yours x

Guest Tashywood
I just spoke to our CO and I'm a bit disappointed. For some reason I thought we would go straight to a 100 (Got together August 2009, had a baby in June 2010, lived together from June 2010, got married in June 2011) but we will get the 309 sometime after May 23rd (applied Jan 24th). Apparently this is because we lived together for less than two years.

I will ask this somewhere else but what does the 309 mean in terms of my 6yr old going to school - will we be seen as perm or temp residents and will we have to pay?

Hi- you do not have to pay for schooling on a 309 visa ( at least in NSW). You have to complete an enrolment form and show proof of visa etc

good luck x

Ours was the same time! Emailed in Jan and was told it was likely to be mid march. We had to move out of a rental property last week as it was sold and are currently staying in a holiday flat. Flights booked for 27th march so gutted that he didn't mention he would be away for 4 weeks. That's the gamble we took I guess

:-( good luck for yours x

that really bad well fingers crossed he emails you on the 26th to tell you it has been granted

Guest waffquinze

Finally I've been assigned my CO and have my medical booked for tomorrow. I haven't been asked to provide any further information other than UK & AUS Police Clearances. Can anyone tell me, does that mean that my application should be successful? The only reason they would have to refuse would be if I failed something on the medical exam?? The reason I ask is that I'm planning on applying for a tourist visa as soon as the medical is out of the way! :)

Guest nimhug

Hi everyone, new here but have been pretty much 'stalking' this thread for a while now! Really delighted for all of you getting your visas granted! So exciting!

Here is my story!

Sent 309/100 application received in AH from Ireland on 16/02/2012

Money taken out 17/02/2012

CO assigned (WP) and meds requested by email on 20/02/2012

Meds completed on 21/02/2012 and sent electronically from the clinic.

Good luck everyone - will keep you posted!

Guest Courty7105
Hi everyone, new here but have been pretty much 'stalking' this thread for a while now! Really delighted for all of you getting your visas granted! So exciting!

Here is my story!

Sent 309/100 application received in AH from Ireland on 16/02/2012

Money taken out 17/02/2012

CO assigned (WP) and meds requested by email on 20/02/2012

Meds completed on 21/02/2012 and sent electronically from the clinic.

Good luck everyone - will keep you posted!

Hi Nimhug..... Where abouts in Ireland did you get your medicals done?

Thanks!

Guest nimhug
Hi Nimhug..... Where abouts in Ireland did you get your medicals done?

Thanks!

Hi Courty7105....got it done at the mater private in Dublin, only 3 places in Ireland you can get them done! They were great, phoned and got an appointment for the next day and I was finished in less than an hour! They send results electronically to the embassy so you have nothing to do after that.