ACT state sponsorship processing times - update

Guest Samfire

Guest destinationoz

We've applied too!

Have you had confirmation from the ACT that they have rec'd your appliction?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest destinationoz

That's true! Keep us updated with any great places!! When are you hoping to be there if everything goes to plan ...

Guest Lindseyf

Hi we have submitted our SS for ACT on the 30 June so will let you know when ours comes through.

Good Luck everyone x

Guest Samfire

Good luck to all of you!!!! P.S. They are a great bunch in business migration section of the ACT! Jenny, Jeannine, Julianne, Pat and Bernie (I think that's her name) are treasures, to say the least!! Keep up the good work ladies, you're doing a fabulous job!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest claire delighted

Hi we sent our ACT sponsorhip 11th june and are waiting patiently for this to get the DIAC application through :)

Glad there to see there are a few people heading to Canberra as it wasnt my choice but hopefully will move after the 2 years, or i may like it!

Have you looked at property in Canberra? Have you decided which area is best to stay, any info to help would be appreciated :)

Guest Samfire
Hi we sent our ACT sponsorhip 11th june and are waiting patiently for this to get the DIAC application through :)

Glad there to see there are a few people heading to Canberra as it wasnt my choice but hopefully will move after the 2 years, or i may like it!

Have you looked at property in Canberra? Have you decided which area is best to stay, any info to help would be appreciated :)

Have been on the allhomes.com.au website since September 2008! Constantly looking a properties for sale and for rent. Will probably rent for 6 months once we arrive. Will use this time to check out the surrounding city suburbs and get a feel for where we'd like to settle permanently. Our preferences are changing weekly to tell you the truth!! It's impossible to know I suppose until we arrive and see the place for ourselves. Hubby will be working in Fyshwick, but we definitely couldn't afford the inner-city suburbs which would be quite near to his work, so I think we'll look to the newer suburbs up North and maybe even consider a house and land package for a new house, provided we can secure a decent-sized block, as they tend to be very tiny for the newer developments!! We want to make the most of the climate and plan on spending quite a lot of time outside of the house when possible, so we do want a decent-sized back garden!:yes:

Have been on the allhomes.com.au website since September 2008! Constantly looking a properties for sale and for rent. Will probably rent for 6 months once we arrive. Will use this time to check out the surrounding city suburbs and get a feel for where we'd like to settle permanently. Our preferences are changing weekly to tell you the truth!! It's impossible to know I suppose until we arrive and see the place for ourselves. Hubby will be working in Fyshwick, but we definitely couldn't afford the inner-city suburbs which would be quite near to his work, so I think we'll look to the newer suburbs up North and maybe even consider a house and land package for a new house, provided we can secure a decent-sized block, as they tend to be very tiny for the newer developments!! We want to make the most of the climate and plan on spending quite a lot of time outside of the house when possible, so we do want a decent-sized back garden!:yes:

that's seems exciting yeah.. the moving and the searching of accommodation is really not easy yeah..

we had just submitted the SS application last week, which Jenny had viewed my CV and agreed that my occupation in last year quota. so now, we are waiting patiently for the news.. hoping for the best.

Guest Samfire

I think Fashionably Late is probably right - 30days is the norm unless they have a backlog, and they haven't indicated that they do, so you can probably forget about it for awhile and chill, as it's all very stressful stuff!!! By the way, be aware that 30 days means 30 WORKING days!!!! So work it out on the calendar!!!!!

Guest cassenova06
Mine states normal priority as well. I think that means mine should be 30 days from full application with documentation to decision.

Mine is too ! I have done my CV verification then apply for SS and I have was receipted on 01/06/2009 but haven't get any reply till today!!!!!!!

I think Fashionably Late is probably right - 30days is the norm unless they have a backlog, and they haven't indicated that they do, so you can probably forget about it for awhile and chill, as it's all very stressful stuff!!! By the way, be aware that 30 days means 30 WORKING days!!!! So work it out on the calendar!!!!!

oh I see now, it is 30 working days. so it means about 6 weeks at least.

Guest Samfire

Yeah unfortunately, plan for 30 working days! If they get through them quicker, well then it's a bonus! Best of luck - we'll await your good news!

Yeah unfortunately, plan for 30 working days! If they get through them quicker, well then it's a bonus! Best of luck - we'll await your good news!

yeah, thank you.

praying for the best, crossing my fingers, legs, hairs, and every body parts.

Guest Lindseyf

Hi can anyone help, we submitted our SS application to ACT on the 30th June and on our receipt stated that our status was High Priority.

With that i was thinking that we should being processed in 20 days, if this is the case we should have started being processed yesterday. Should i be getting excited or how long does it take to process once they have started it??

thanks guys, with this rain i just can't wait to be in Oz!!!:yes:

Guest Samfire
Hi can anyone help, we submitted our SS application to ACT on the 30th June and on our receipt stated that our status was High Priority.

With that i was thinking that we should being processed in 20 days, if this is the case we should have started being processed yesterday. Should i be getting excited or how long does it take to process once they have started it??

thanks guys, with this rain i just can't wait to be in Oz!!!:yes:

Ours was processed back in April, and timelines may vary from month to month, but if what others are saying is correct, then you should have a reply within 30 working days! It may end up being sooner than this, but to avoid disappointment, I wouldn't bank on it! I know the feeling when you're waiting for the outcome - God it's horrible and you feel time will never pass, but no matter what stage of the visa process you are at, it's a constant waiting game. We're heading for Canberra on 27th September which is only 8.5 weeks away, but it feels like it will NEVER come!!!!! Before I know it, I'll be there and wondering why I stressed myself so much over it, I'll bet!!!!:wacko:

Guest Birdiesinoz

Hi

The latest processing information for ACT can be found at the link below. This is updated every week.

Business and Industry Development - Application Processing Times

As a guide, i lodged an applicaiton for clients (normal processing) 25 May 2009 and i received notification of the grant yesterday - dated 29 July 2009.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Cheryl

Guest Lindseyf

Hi, i know exactly what you mean samfire, i spoke to my agent yesterday and was told i need to take a spoonful of patience as it helps the wait!!!!

Hopefully it should come through within the next week or so.

We are so excited, we are having xmas here with family in Dublin then flying out on the 28th of Dec. Heading to Melbourne first as my family will be there and we have a big family wedding on the 31st then off to Canberra.

My Hubbie is telling work on Monday, i think it will be a shock but it will help him to feel better, then i will be telling mine when i go back after school holidays.

I just hope our Visa is here before 28 dec,

Did you do your medicals before you were asked?? We aren't sure what to do???

Guest Samfire
Hi, i know exactly what you mean samfire, i spoke to my agent yesterday and was told i need to take a spoonful of patience as it helps the wait!!!!

Hopefully it should come through within the next week or so.

We are so excited, we are having xmas here with family in Dublin then flying out on the 28th of Dec. Heading to Melbourne first as my family will be there and we have a big family wedding on the 31st then off to Canberra.

My Hubbie is telling work on Monday, i think it will be a shock but it will help him to feel better, then i will be telling mine when i go back after school holidays.

I just hope our Visa is here before 28 dec,

Did you do your medicals before you were asked?? We aren't sure what to do???

Hi again Lindseyf. It's soooo hard trying to tie it all together - a logistical and organisational nightmare!!! We applied for SS 176 skilled visa, so once we learned that we had been assigned a case officer, we immediately booked our medicals and arranged for our police cert to be issued. By the time the CO came looking for this information, we had just about had it sent off in the post. If you are planning to leave for Oz as soon as possible after visa grant, then I don't see any reason why you shouldn't consider front-loading your meds and police checks once you have been assigned a case officer. Good luck and keep us posted!:hug:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived