ACT state sponsorship processing times - update

Guest Samfire

Guest toops
Hi Claire

We havent been to Canberra but Dave lived in Sydney for a good few years some time ago. At this stage I dont think we will do a reccie. Im just going to go blind and hope for the best :biggrin:

Suzanne

Hi there! Seems like we are brave enough to go to Canberra on spec. The way I see it is that if I can trek across the Nullarbor in a clapped out old van and mingle with the 'authentic Australian' outbackers, then I'm sure Canberra will be a doddle. No offence whatsoever to any outbackers out there. Salt of the earth they are, and VERY interesting characters indeed!

Good luck Claire & Suzanne, we will have similar timelines. :jiggy:

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi there! Seems like we are brave enough to go to Canberra on spec. The way I see it is that if I can trek across the Nullarbor in a clapped out old van and mingle with the 'authentic Australian' outbackers, then I'm sure Canberra will be a doddle. No offence whatsoever to any outbackers out there. Salt of the earth they are, and VERY interesting characters indeed!

Good luck Claire & Suzanne, we will have similar timelines. :jiggy:

:laugh:Thanks toops - as yet still no word from the ACT about our sponsorship but I predicted we will receive an email tomorrow with wonderful news so fingers crossed!! My patience are wearing very thin now so I can only imagine what I will be like if we have to wait 3 years for our visa to be processed!!

Suzanne

:laugh:Thanks toops - as yet still no word from the ACT about our sponsorship but I predicted we will receive an email tomorrow with wonderful news so fingers crossed!! My patience are wearing very thin now so I can only imagine what I will be like if we have to wait 3 years for our visa to be processed!!

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne, good luck for tomorrow, hope you get the news you want, if not tomorrow at least this week.

I'm hoping we get ours before i go back to work on 17th May and so we can get our visa app in before it's too late

Good luck, let us know if you here anything

Claire

Hi Suzanne, good luck for tomorrow, hope you get the news you want, if not tomorrow at least this week.

I'm hoping we get ours before i go back to work on 17th May and so we can get our visa app in before it's too late

Good luck, let us know if you here anything

Claire

:laugh: Thanks Claire - but my predictions were so wrong - we havent heard a thing yet!!. Fingers crossed for the rest of the week and you get yours before you go back to work!

Suzanne

:laugh: Thanks Claire - but my predictions were so wrong - we havent heard a thing yet!!. Fingers crossed for the rest of the week and you get yours before you go back to work!

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne

Any news yet? Have you been waiting 7 weeks now? we are 5 weeks and hoping we both hear very soon. I just want to get our Visa app in, feel as though time is running out.

Hope you get your good news this week

Claire

Hi Suzanne

Any news yet? Have you been waiting 7 weeks now? we are 5 weeks and hoping we both hear very soon. I just want to get our Visa app in, feel as though time is running out.

Hope you get your good news this week

Claire

Hi Claire

Not a dickybird!!! They havent update their website in nearly 3 weeks either :shocked:

Today is officially 8 weeks so we should know within the next two weeks. Yeah I feel like time is running out aswell. At least the new SOL will be out this week - which isnt any good news for us but I imagine it will be for you.

As soon as I get word I shall let you know :biggrin:

Suzanne

Hi Claire

Not a dickybird!!! They havent update their website in nearly 3 weeks either :shocked:

Today is officially 8 weeks so we should know within the next two weeks. Yeah I feel like time is running out aswell. At least the new SOL will be out this week - which isnt any good news for us but I imagine it will be for you.

As soon as I get word I shall let you know :biggrin:

Suzanne

8 weeks!! you should be hearing from them very soon seeing as though they update their site regularly compared to other states and they still say 30 working days.

Oh well, looks like we have at least another 3 weeks then.

I'm still hopeful that whatever the new SOL is that as we will be sponsored (hopefully) by ACT then their SS apps will be cat 2.

Have a good week,

Claire

Guest jumbojet

Aw...shucks! We applied for ACT sponsorship 10/4/2010, submitted docs which were received 21/4/2010 and I have started counting off the days. I really hope they stick to their processing timelines..this waiting is horrible.

Aw...shucks! We applied for ACT sponsorship 10/4/2010, submitted docs which were received 21/4/2010 and I have started counting off the days. I really hope they stick to their processing timelines..this waiting is horrible.

Hi Jumbojet

They seem to be a little behind the processing times that they have quoted on their site. 30 working days should be 6 weeks but Suzanne has already been waiting 8 weeks. They must have a big pile to get through!!

Do you have a Visa app in already or are you waiting on the SS before submitting?

Claire

Hi Jumbojet

They seem to be a little behind the processing times that they have quoted on their site. 30 working days should be 6 weeks but Suzanne has already been waiting 8 weeks. They must have a big pile to get through!!

Do you have a Visa app in already or are you waiting on the SS before submitting?

Claire

Hi Claire and Jumbojet :biggrin:

Im restricting myself to logging into PiO for the moment - Im only allowing myself 2 logins per day :laugh:. Sitting and waiting and looking and refreshing my emails to see if I received any news. Well no news at yet but I guess we will hang on in there. Our agent said 8-10 weeks so I wouldnt go by their "30 day" info on the website.

I would say there is a HUGE Pile of SS for the ACT now in comparison to what it was like before. They are all probably so relaxed after their long weekend :SLEEP:

Suzanne

Hi Claire and Jumbojet :biggrin:

Im restricting myself to logging into PiO for the moment - Im only allowing myself 2 logins per day :laugh:. Sitting and waiting and looking and refreshing my emails to see if I received any news. Well no news at yet but I guess we will hang on in there. Our agent said 8-10 weeks so I wouldnt go by their "30 day" info on the website.

I would say there is a HUGE Pile of SS for the ACT now in comparison to what it was like before. They are all probably so relaxed after their long weekend :SLEEP:

Suzanne

I got a bit excited then when i saw the email notification for this thread from you. I thought it was going to be happy news. Well i will be back again tomorrow to check. Enjoy your day

Claire

Guest jumbojet

Hi... we applied for a 176 family sponsored visa in Dec 2008...have now applied for SS to try speed things up. I am so tired of waiting...and....waiting....and...waiting!

:SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP:

Anyone heard anything from the ACT this week? I was talking to my agent yesterday and she says that they are still working on applications for mid Feb. Wish they would get their skates on - the waiting is killing me at this stage.

:SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP:

Anyone heard anything from the ACT this week? I was talking to my agent yesterday and she says that they are still working on applications for mid Feb. Wish they would get their skates on - the waiting is killing me at this stage.

Not me, but I am 3 weeks behind you!

Your agent is probably just looking at the processing times doc like us. I thought you had it then when i got the email notification.

Fingers crossed hope it will be soon Suzanne

Claire

Hi Guys

Well Im absolutely LIVID at this stage. Having waited 10 weeks for our SS to come and been told by our agent that because our occupation was in demand before 1 April we would not have to get verification of the job (as it went into the quota list), AND being advised not to lodge a 176 before the SS comes throough I decided to get my OH to send them an email looking for an update and this is the response we got:

As your nominated occupation is a Computer Professional, before processing commences with your application, it has been referred to an ICT industry panel to assessment employability opportunities in the ACT with regard to your skills. Processing will commence as soon as we hear back from the panel, which should be early June 2010.

Kind regards

Jeannine

Jeannine Deakin - Skilled and Business Migration

Business & Industry Development - ACT Chief Minister's Department

P: 02 62070021 - F: 02 62070033 - E:businessmigration@act.gov.au

Why on earth did our agent not tell us this?? Im so annoyed now!

Suzanne

Hi Guys

Well Im absolutely LIVID at this stage. Having waited 10 weeks for our SS to come and been told by our agent that because our occupation was in demand before 1 April we would not have to get verification of the job (as it went into the quota list), AND being advised not to lodge a 176 before the SS comes throough I decided to get my OH to send them an email looking for an update and this is the response we got:

As your nominated occupation is a Computer Professional, before processing commences with your application, it has been referred to an ICT industry panel to assessment employability opportunities in the ACT with regard to your skills. Processing will commence as soon as we hear back from the panel, which should be early June 2010.

Kind regards

Jeannine

Jeannine Deakin - Skilled and Business Migration

Business & Industry Development - ACT Chief Minister's Department

P: 02 62070021 - F: 02 62070033 - E:businessmigration@act.gov.au

Why on earth did our agent not tell us this?? Im so annoyed now!

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne, I sent them an email yesterday asking for their current processing times and they told us the same:

Dear Claire,

We do have an application in the name of XXXXXXXX. As your partner’s nominated occupation is a Computer Professional, before processing commences with the application, it has been referred to an ICT industry panel to assessment employability opportunities in the ACT with regard to skills. Processing will commence as soon as we hear back from the panel, which should be early June 2010.

We were on the baseline list when we lodge the app and also moved to quota on 1 April. We are 7 weeks waiting now and it looks like another 3 weeks before they will start processing that is, if the ICT industry panel think they need us!

I asked our Agent last week on the progress of this app and he just told us that he hadn't heard anything from them and they have not asked for any further information and as soon as they hear they will let us know.

I see other people's agents getting in touch and asking the questions, so we decided to contact them ourselves.

The best bit is our Agent told us to wait until we had ACT SS before lodging our App because we would have plenty of time to lodge our Visa App before 1 July changes and we don't need to submit out Family App. We asked them to lodge our Family app back at end of Feb and then we could switch to SS when that came through but they advised against it.

I am glad we went against them last Friday and lodged on our own online. Our Agent has been good and providing all the information and they get back in touch immediately after we contact them but they just have no foresight into any of this visa process.

Claire

Hi Suzanne, I sent them an email yesterday asking for their current processing times and they told us the same:

Dear Claire,

We do have an application in the name of XXXXXXXX. As your partner’s nominated occupation is a Computer Professional, before processing commences with the application, it has been referred to an ICT industry panel to assessment employability opportunities in the ACT with regard to skills. Processing will commence as soon as we hear back from the panel, which should be early June 2010.

We were on the baseline list when we lodge the app and also moved to quota on 1 April. We are 7 weeks waiting now and it looks like another 3 weeks before they will start processing that is, if the ICT industry panel think they need us!

I asked our Agent last week on the progress of this app and he just told us that he hadn't heard anything from them and they have not asked for any further information and as soon as they hear they will let us know.

I see other people's agents getting in touch and asking the questions, so we decided to contact them ourselves.

The best bit is our Agent told us to wait until we had ACT SS before lodging our App because we would have plenty of time to lodge our Visa App before 1 July changes and we don't need to submit out Family App. We asked them to lodge our Family app back at end of Feb and then we could switch to SS when that came through but they advised against it.

I am glad we went against them last Friday and lodged on our own online. Our Agent has been good and providing all the information and they get back in touch immediately after we contact them but they just have no foresight into any of this visa process.

Claire

Hi Claire

the OH has got on to our agent now about this - it just seems very strange that she wouldnt know about the status of the application unless she had not checked and then to advise us not to lodge on Friday. It seems a little underhanded to me.

However if she did know and did not tell us I would be very dissapointed as that is dishonest. If the panel get back and refuse us well that means that Oz is actually out of the question for us now. My gut was to lodge on Friday but then I went with the agents advise - which I chose to do and thats fair enough.

Its all very stressful isnt it? Lets hope the panel come back with a positive and the SS comes through.

Im seriously thinking of doing the second part of the application myself and not using an agent.

Suzanne

• 2 weeks later...
Guest darmanin

congratulations that is great!! when did you apply for yours I am still waiting and supposedly it was 30 days:cute:

• 2 weeks later...

APPLICATIONS CURRENTLY BEING PROCESSED

We are currently processing ‘complete’ applications that were receipted by the ACT Government on the following dates:

• 176 Applications

High priority: 24 May 2010

Normal priority: 1 April 2010

Low priority: 1 April 2010

• 886 Applications

• Employer Sponsored applications for certification

• Business Skills visas

Guest darmanin
APPLICATIONS CURRENTLY BEING PROCESSED

We are currently processing ‘complete’ applications that were receipted by the ACT Government on the following dates:

• 176 Applications

Low priority: 1 April 2010

• 886 Applications

• Employer Sponsored applications for certification

• Business Skills visas

so is low priority the same as normal priority that does not make sense:arghh:

Guest jumbojet

Normal priority takes up to 30 working days to process

Low priority takes up to 60 working days to process

Guest darmanin
Normal priority takes up to 30 working days to process

Low priority takes up to 60 working days to process

not anymore!! they are working on applications from low priority and normal priority from the 1st April so this is exactly the same:twitcy:

Guest jumbojet

Then I would assume they don't have a huge difference in the number of applicants that fall into these categories...

Perhaps email them to ask for some clarity

Guest RobzNdebz

hiya

just thought i'd share my timeline with you guys! we were granted ACT state sponshorship on the 4/6/10, just a little longer than we expected!

Archived