ACT state sponsorship processing times - update

Guest Samfire

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest spin2diz

Hey guys! Got my SS approval today! It was receipted 27 Feb 2009...more or less 60 working days for the processing. There still is hope after all. My spirits are uplifted once more, having been waiting almost a year and a half now! =) My 175 was non-modl/csl.

Best regards to everyone!

Guest Samfire

Excellent news spindiz!!! Congratulations - timeframe fits in with my estimate when I started this thread, so things are still the same - they haven't sped up or slowed down much so. Enjoy the feeling of elation!!!!

Best Wishes

Guest wossall

Hi

We are also waiting for our SS, we sent it was received on 8th April so we will have to wait a little longer, will let you know when we get it. Good luck to anyone else who is waiting.

Lynne

Guest carrie8675

Hi everybody we are considering putting in a 176 ACT state sponsored application instead of the original 175 visa. Was hoping for some extra info.....

Once you get the visa how long do you have to activate it , do you have to go there straight away?

Do you think Canberra is a good place for a family, we have 2 girls aged 4 and 6?

Do you need X amount of money in the bank to apply?

We want it quickly but maybe not as quickly as they seem to be processed, in a bit of a dilemma as we will be submitting the visa in a few weeks as soon as we get IELTS results for my husband.... dont know which one to go for

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Carrie

Guest cassenova06
That's great news, and you're welcome! Let us know how things develop.

Regards

Hi Samfire! I have lodged my SS Application today. I hope I'll get positive result within a month.

Keep guiding me. Thanks again......

Guest cassenova06

I have submitted Sponsorship application: Subclass 176 Form, with all supporting attachments by email to businessmigration@act.gov.au on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

So, is there any need to hand or courier the hard copy of application form and these supporting documents?

Because the Guide Line Booklet of Subclass 176 Form mentioned that you can either submitted your form by email with all supporting attachments or by courier with all supporting documents while the disclaimer of the form mentioned that you have to send hard copy of all the documents and form or you MAY email them. So, I am little bit confuse.

I have gotten Form Submission ID and Payment receipt number immediately after completing the online form but after submission of the form I haven't gotten any reply till today.

How long it will take?

Guest cassenova06

I've gotten reply yesterday....First I made a call to Business Migration & they replied they haven't received any e-mail!!!!

My Goodness I've send three e-mails to them & they said they didn't get even A mail( I think there was some technical problem in the server of Yahoo mail ) so I had to re-send them. After receiving that they immediately replied me.

Guest Samfire

Good heavens! Just as well you kept on top of things and made it your business to follow up on your application. It always pays to be diligent and to double-check things rather than assuming that everything is sailing along as it should be. At least you can relax now for awhile, knowing it has been received. It will be queued for processing - shouldn't be too long, maybe 30 days or so. Fingers crossed.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Guest Samfire
Hi everybody we are considering putting in a 176 ACT state sponsored application instead of the original 175 visa. Was hoping for some extra info.....

Once you get the visa how long do you have to activate it , do you have to go there straight away?

Do you think Canberra is a good place for a family, we have 2 girls aged 4 and 6?

Do you need X amount of money in the bank to apply?

We want it quickly but maybe not as quickly as they seem to be processed, in a bit of a dilemma as we will be submitting the visa in a few weeks as soon as we get IELTS results for my husband.... dont know which one to go for

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Carrie

Hi Carrie - sorry it took so long for me to reply to your queries. Had visitors from overseas and had a Confirmation to arrange so I've been a bit hectic. With regard to your questions above, 176 visas are being given priority processing at the moment. Until the emphasis shifts once again, it is difficult to say how long it will take for new 175 applications to be processed, although I'm not the best person to be answering this query. I believe that your permanent visa is valid for 1 year from the date of your medicals and/or Police Clearance Certificate - whichever is dated earliest. That's why it's not a good idea to frontload your medicals too early in advance of visa approval.

Regarding Canberra and kids, I've never been myself, but it is one of the main reasons we have chosen to move there, because it's meant to be an excellent place to raise a family and we have two kids ourselves, aged 12 and 4. See the following website: Live in Canberra

The ACT guidelines for State Sponsorship states that you need to prove financial worth via transferrable assets.

In relation to the financial requirements the ACT government do not accept evidence of only property assets and request additional evidence to support your current financial status. They require evidence of additional liquid funds in your name other than the property such as bank statement, or perhaps shares. Please note shares would need to be in the form of a certificate or a managed fund and there would need to be evidence of immediate accessibility.

The main applicant must have at least A$20,000 in transferable assets, with A$10,000 for each additional dependent family member, to assist with successful settlement and employment search in Canberra. The following assets will not be considered ‘transferable’:

Funds held in another persons name- (except spouse).

Immovable assets like property or- land.

Jewellery, house hold items, cars or- motor cycles.

Cash in- hand.

Life- insurances.

If you have less than the required assets available for transfer, you must provide a statement justifying your ability to support yourself and any dependents while becoming established and finding employment in the ACT. The statement must include evidence of research into the cost of living in Canberra, with an estimated budget e.g. rental accommodation, transport, electricity, gas and food.

Hope this answers your questions. Best of luck in your decision to go for 175 or 176. Personally, I'd be going for the 176 State Sponsored visa.:yes:

Hi there, just wondering - we applied for ACT SS on 9/4/09 and are still wating.normal priority going for a 176 and havent previously applied for a visa of any sort. When i applied they said 30 days and according to their newsletter they are still running at 30 days for this priority.

We are 60 days next week and its now starting to turn me inside out - weve even sold the house whilst waiting!!!

My hubby has noticed that they say not to check on your progress status - has anyone done this - will it annoy them?

Does it mean the application is incomplete in any way - do they just email you if so?? Fed up of pouncing on the emails every am now!!!

Catherine

Thanks Gill, there is a newer proccessing times letter that I would love to attach but it exceeds the site upload limit, if you like I can forward the e-mail it is attached to,

That letter states they are processing 10th of April applications in the normal priority bucket but what exactly does that mean?

Is it 30 days from now & would they have notified me back in April if for some reason they considered my application incomplete ?

Going mental waiting... Rob

Guest boothy

Hi everyone

We applied for ACT sponsorship on 23rd March 09, we were Normal priority and received approval on 5th June 09.

Here are the processing times that ACT emailed on 2nd June 09. Updates are now on the ACT website updated weekly, hope this helps:

We are currently processing ‘complete’ applications that were receipted by the ACT Government on the following dates:

· 176 applications

High priority: 15 May 2009

Normal priority: 10 April 2009

Low priority: 23 February 2009

· 886 Applications

High priority: 15 May 2009

· 134 / 137 applications

Low priority: 23 February 2009

· Employer Sponsored applications for certification

High priority: 5 May 2009

· Business Skills visas

Normal priority 1 April 2009

Guest lakmal

Hi,

I got my ACT approval too...could not update as I moved to Dubai...it took me roughly 60 working days..

Cheers

Guest cassenova06
Hi,

I got my ACT approval too...could not update as I moved to Dubai...it took me roughly 60 working days..

Cheers

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!:jiggy:

Guest amitsoft7

Hi Samfire

I need one advice from you please ,last week my agent applied for a visa after i got state sponsorship from ACT , he told me that he has uploaded my all the documents but on the website under document checklist it is showing for all the documents that Required , what does it mean ? did my agnet has not uploaded all the documents or it is a default behaviour of the site. what status does it shows in your case.

Kindly advice if you have any idea on it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Amit

Guest wossall

Hi Everybody

Just a quick note to let you know we got our state sponsorship through this morning. Starting the visa application now will let you know how we get on.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Thanks

Lynne

Guest brizziebound

Congratulations, great to hear things are on track with the ACT, good luck with the rest of your visa application.

Mat.

Guest boothy
Hi Samfire

I need one advice from you please ,last week my agent applied for a visa after i got state sponsorship from ACT , he told me that he has uploaded my all the documents but on the website under document checklist it is showing for all the documents that Required , what does it mean ? did my agnet has not uploaded all the documents or it is a default behaviour of the site. what status does it shows in your case.

Kindly advice if you have any idea on it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Amit

Hi Amit

This is the standard default even when you have uploaded your documents. Your agent will have loaded your docs. It won't change until you have a case officer and they start assessing your documents. It will change to "met" once your CO has approved them

Hope this helps

Sam

Guest cassenova06
Hi Everybody

Just a quick note to let you know we got our state sponsorship through this morning. Starting the visa application now will let you know how we get on.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Thanks

Lynne

Congrats!!!!!!!!! I'm also in queue......hope to get reply soon!!!!!!!!!

Guest destinationoz

Hi everyone - submitted my 176 aplication for state sponsorship today!!!

i'll keep you posted

Massive CONGRATS to those who have got theirs thru recently ...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ajay

hi

we have applied for ACT sponsorship and hope to get the approvel in 2 months.i just need a feedback on canberra is it a good place to be in.

ajay

Guest amitsoft7

Hi Samfire

How can we know that case officer has bee assigned as my application was submitted on 9th June but from that day , the status of my application is only coming as Processing Commenced , no updates after that...

How could you be able to get case officer so fast :) , any thing you want to advice me to get my case process faster.

Regards

Amit

Hi Amit

This is the standard default even when you have uploaded your documents. Your agent will have loaded your docs. It won't change until you have a case officer and they start assessing your documents. It will change to "met" once your CO has approved them

Hope this helps

Sam

• 2 weeks later...

Archived