good old england

chippy2

well after spending 7 months in oz,its great to be back home.well weather colder so the beer and a lot nicer than that stuff they call beer in brisbane.come back at a great time good exchange rates,cheaper houses and better built ones migth i add.foods great cant tell you how much ive missed good english cooking and variety in supermarkets haha.people are friendlier too and talk to you if they want to,no more of that hi how r you bollocks said under a false pretense.works great good money and no licences crap,as the old saying goes the grass isnt always greener and its true,i appreciate england alot more now and with so much choice within a 4 hour flight know i will never go back.like to say good luck to friends still out there hope you enjoy your time,oz is not for me as never felt like home and therefore would never be home,too many arrogant hillbilly idiots,especially expats who have been there some time,you know who i mean :tongue:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
please explain further about the arrogant hillbilly idiots.

well after spending 7 months in oz,its great to be back home.well weather colder so the beer and a lot nicer than that stuff they call beer in brisbane.come back at a great time good exchange rates,cheaper houses and better built ones migth i add.foods great cant tell you how much ive missed good english cooking and variety in supermarkets haha.people are friendlier too and talk to you if they want to,no more of that hi how r you bollocks said under a false pretense.works great good money and no licences crap,as the old saying goes the grass isnt always greener and its true,i appreciate england alot more now and with so much choice within a 4 hour flight know i will never go back.like to say good luck to friends still out there hope you enjoy your time,oz is not for me as never felt like home and therefore would never be home,too many arrogant hillbilly idiots,especially expats who have been there some time,you know who i mean

:tongue:

I suggest you have you solicitor presant when explaning your findings.

please explain further about the arrogant hillbilly idiots.

when you get there you will know exactly what i mean,a lot of aussies style themselves on zz top,and are very arrogant towards english as they dont want you in there country even though it wasnt there country as they are not abos and were desendents from english criminals etc.this is my point of view but many will agree.if like me you want to move to oz for a better life as it is portrayed you will be in for a big shock.its not all sun and surf and now the recession hitting its very hard to get a job as most english qualifications are not recognised,this is due to the states trying to milk evey last bit of money out of you as they can.dont take my word for it,search as much info as you can,had i knowed what i do now i would never have gone.hope this helps as you dont get many on here telling how it really is?:no:

Guest tayella

Chippy 2 glad you are settling in england i agree in everything you have said about oz

we should be home in england too soon not sure what to do i have paid £1,500 for a Tafe course doing childcare, Im cosidering pulling thwe plug on it and leaving soon.

Here are my reasons why:-

We get our flights home at half the price, so get my money back if we leave earlier.

Same course in UK is £555

My Husbands trade certs were not recognised in Oz so will my Tafe certs be valid at Home?

Never had certs before so would be nice to put a feather in my hat.

Cant do the Coles/Woolies run anymore, or the dull views of the Bruce, not to mention Acca bloodyy Dacca on the radio every 5 minutes.

Any advice.

please nat x

Guest donovan

Hey Chippy 2 great to see you have arrived back in the UK safe & sound and everything seems to be going well for you.

Thanks for the update

Sarah x

Guest barab
Chippy 2 glad you are settling in england i agree in everything you have said about oz

we should be home in england too soon not sure what to do i have paid £1,500 for a Tafe course doing childcare, Im cosidering pulling thwe plug on it and leaving soon.

Here are my reasons why:-

We get our flights home at half the price, so get my money back if we leave earlier.

Same course in UK is £555

My Husbands trade certs were not recognised in Oz so will my Tafe certs be valid at Home?

Cant do the Coles/Woolies run anymore, or the dull views of the Bruce, not to mention Acca bloodyy Dacca on the radio every 5 minutes.

Any advice.

please nat x

Got to laugh,that reminds me of they long drives up to the sunshine coast to go to the beach.

All the radio had on was nickleback,ac/dc and other crap.

Then you would have to be back by 6pm cause that's when the sun disappeared and the bats came out.

And it's bed time......at 8pm on a saturday......Boring!!!!!

Guest Mark and Sharon

Hello chippy2 glad you`re back save and sound and it`s all going well for you don`t think we`re going to be far behind you mate.

Guest barab
Hello chippy2 glad you`re back save and sound and it`s all going well for you don`t think we`re going to be far behind you mate.

All the best to you,It'll be the best move you ever make!!

Guest Swing low sweet chariot

We are now in the process of moving back, hopefully we'll be home in 'good old England' by the end of Aug 09. My wife is desperately unhappy and would fly at a moment's notice. I'm glad we gave it a go, because we would have always regretted it. However, once the 'honeymoon period' is over (not for all), may I add, then you find yourself saying 'what are we doing here'. You then realise what you've given up.

It's a brave and big decision to say 'enough is enough'. You've got to start all over again, but in a place that is familiar and much less complicated when doing things. When I talk to other Aussies they seem to think that people in the UK don't have outdoor lives because the weather is so bad!!!!?????? It's just been too damn hot here to go out at times. How can the kids play in temps of 40c plus? That's for days on end! Give us the British climate any day; the four distinct seasons.

There are so many things to mention that are soooooooo much better in the UK (in my wife's opinion) and I must agree and go with what my wife wants. Her ultimate happiness and long term health are far, far more important. Life is too short to be somewhere which is not right for the family.

Guest JoanneHattersley
I'm glad we gave it a go, because we would have always regretted it.

Good on ya for having the courage to do the move!

It's a brave and big decision to say 'enough is enough'.
Life is too short to be somewhere which is not right for the family.

You know what , you are so right! You haev to look after yourself and your family. Its extremely brave to say "hey this werent for me". I take my hat off to you!

Good Luck with the return journey and I hope that you find all that you hope for

There does seem to be a lot of discontentment over in Aus. When I first started getting feellings that I wanted home, I thought I was odd and the only one thinking what the Fnck have I done. This site is a god send, I felt so alone and that no one could understand how I felt, friends and even my OH loved Aus. I felt so unhappy and out of contral. When I started telling all about how I felt on PIO I'm sure I was only one of a few. But now it seems lkie droves are coming home to roost this summer.

Good luck all comming home it really is not all doom and gloom.

But if you have a job in aus try sticking it for a while as likje Aus jobs are hard to come by hear at the moment.

But Fnck me it ain't half a great country.

Guest barab
Starting to think that way now Barab ,think our dream is slowly dieing.

Don't cut yourself up over it,you now know that Australia wasn't for you and that the UK is the right place for you.

Lots of us think that and there will be many more in the future.

Australia is a fad just now.

Good luck.

Guest proud2beaussie

Nat,

If you check out

UK NARIC - Home they will convert your Australian certificates to a UK equivalent for you.

Guest snow white

hi chippy2 nice to hear your back home and happy mate im sure there will be a few more following you before long, at least you came you saw you went!!!! lol all the best for the future

lesley x

Glad you're settling in back home Chippy, I don't see the sense of sticking something out if it makes you unahppy ... life is very much for living.

Swing Low - Good luck with the move back to the UK, you're right about regrets ... my dad (now 70) regrets not being able to take the opportunity of working abroad as a young married man (my mum wouldn't leave her family) ... he said maybe he'd have loved it, maybe he'd have hated it ... but he never got the chance to find out for himself .... which is why he told us to take our opportunity whilst it was there (even though it meant leaving him on his own in the UK).

I know for exaple that Barab hasn't looked back since returning to Scotland ... and that in it's own way is as much of a success story as those of us who move over here to Aus. Moving back is as big a decision as is leaving in the first place and can bring with it it's own emotional rollercoaster. We're lucky as a forum that we have members who have successfully migrated and love the life here, and those who have successfully returned and can give the benefit of their experiences.

Ali x

Guest alan r

hi chippy 2 glad u all got back safe,and u r enjoying your beer !!! i will be following soon ,fly home 18 may with my 2 kids.start work 1st june minimum 18 months work cant wait hate sitting about doing nothing. take care glad everything going good alan

Guest nikkichap

Hi Chippy, Glad to hear you are loving being back in the UK. We won't be far behind you. We leave in May. I am so looking forward to going home. I need to start living again!! It has been an adventure but I'm now thinking about all the new adventures we have waiting for us back home. I've never doubted my reasons as to why I want to return but hearing from people that have already done it has made me realise we are doing the right thing.

We moved for a better life, better family life etc. It has been the complete opposite, hubby works away for days on end, kids spend so much time indoors as they play out for 10 minutes and then can't stand the heat any more. When it does cool down it's too dark! Done the beaches to death and when I mention going to the beach the boys say "not again"!The kids do a couple of afterschool clubs but they are so unprofessionally run, it's a joke! I'm on my own a lot of the time. I'm not the same person I used to be!!

The day to day living is just so bland!! I feel there is something seriously lacking. I don't find the people where we live very approachable. It has taken 6 months for one of the mums to speak to me and that is only after I have said "Morning" to her everyday. I can't be bothered any more!

At least we were brave enough to give it a go. There is no shame in saying "It's not for us"! It has taught us a huge life lesson - Life is for living, it's too short for regrets!! We had a great life before and it is going to be even better for this experience when we get back.

I've already planned a holiday to Spain to see my Dad, he was very poorly at Christmas and is still getting over his illness. Since he has known we are returning to the UK he has felt heaps better knowing he will see us soon. It's only a 2 hour flight from the UK!

Everyone that is thinking about returning follow your heart! Good luck

Nikki

Guest 0405delboy
Hi Chippy, Glad to hear you are loving being back in the UK. We won't be far behind you. We leave in May. I am so looking forward to going home. I need to start living again!! It has been an adventure but I'm now thinking about all the new adventures we have waiting for us back home. I've never doubted my reasons as to why I want to return but hearing from people that have already done it has made me realise we are doing the right thing.

We moved for a better life, better family life etc. It has been the complete opposite, hubby works away for days on end, kids spend so much time indoors as they play out for 10 minutes and then can't stand the heat any more. When it does cool down it's too dark! Done the beaches to death and when I mention going to the beach the boys say "not again"!The kids do a couple of afterschool clubs but they are so unprofessionally run, it's a joke! I'm on my own a lot of the time. I'm not the same person I used to be!!

The day to day living is just so bland!! I feel there is something seriously lacking. I don't find the people where we live very approachable. It has taken 6 months for one of the mums to speak to me and that is only after I have said "Morning" to her everyday. I can't be bothered any more!

At least we were brave enough to give it a go. There is no shame in saying "It's not for us"! It has taught us a huge life lesson - Life is for living, it's too short for regrets!! We had a great life before and it is going to be even better for this experience when we get back.

I've already planned a holiday to Spain to see my Dad, he was very poorly at Christmas and is still getting over his illness. Since he has known we are returning to the UK he has felt heaps better knowing he will see us soon. It's only a 2 hour flight from the UK!

Everyone that is thinking about returning follow your heart! Good luck

Nikki

I wonder if any of your neighbours or those school Mums have noticed the spring in your step since you booked your ticket home??

:wink:

Guest nikkichap

I think they have. The school principle has been very supportive, her hubby is English and is from the same area as us in the UK. They understand why we want to go home. They plan to go to the UK in a year or two! Her son and mine are best mates and so we have got to know each other a bit over the past few weeks. It's a shame it didn't happen sooner as I have been very lonely and sometimes just having a chat with someone can brighten your day. She has offered to have us over for dinner before we leave. We are a much happier family now. The only sad thing is my hubby is staying behind for a few months as we need to pay his company back the relocation costs but I know our future is so much brighter even if the sun isn't shining back in the UK I will be smiling from ear to ear!! Happy days ahead!!!

Guest dazla
well after spending 7 months in oz,its great to be back home.well weather colder so the beer and a lot nicer than that stuff they call beer in brisbane.come back at a great time good exchange rates,cheaper houses and better built ones migth i add.foods great cant tell you how much ive missed good english cooking and variety in supermarkets haha.people are friendlier too and talk to you if they want to,no more of that hi how r you bollocks said under a false pretense.works great good money and no licences crap,as the old saying goes the grass isnt always greener and its true,i appreciate england alot more now and with so much choice within a 4 hour flight know i will never go back.like to say good luck to friends still out there hope you enjoy your time,oz is not for me as never felt like home and therefore would never be home,too many arrogant hillbilly idiots,especially expats who have been there some time,you know who i mean :tongue:

I wish I was home in the UK, have to wait another 8 months before i can return :sad:

daz

Archived