homeward bound

Guest tayella

Yes i am still a mod, have i missed a reason why i shouldnt be?

i am human and anyone at the recieving end of abuse to the extent i was yesterday will stand and fight their corner. No-one would allow a liar to spread false rumours about them, yes a few of my posts were delted yesterday by Jo as i am treated exactly the same as you when posting on the forum.

So as not to send this thread off track i have deleted any messages quoting other threads.

Should anyone see a post 'they viewas unfair' REPORT IT all reported posts are checked unless it is reported it could slip through the net.

Cal x

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest barab
Speaking for me personally, I infract/delete according to Tims rules. If you think something has gone "unpunished" please use that report button. Tell us!

I was called " little fat yellow idiot" last week,I reporeted it with comments and it was not deleted whereas about two pages of stuff was ravaged(Delated) and that's that.

This should be an open forum for all to tell of their experiences in Oz and not just the rosy good ones.

Tim is a Tremendous and like I say level headed Administrator,and I get the feeling he would like this forum to be a bit more open and opinionated.

Let's keep it real and stop over policing it....Please.

Barab i have just been to check the post you reported and it didnt call you a little fat yellow idiot,,, sorry mate please feel free to find it and report again as the post you did report was ok, so not sure what happened there.Report it or point it out to me and i will edit/delete it where necessary.

Cal x

Yes i am still a mod, have i missed a reason why i shouldnt be?

i am human and anyone at the recieving end of abuse to the extent i was yesterday will stand and fight their corner. No-one would allow a liar to spread false rumours about them, yes a few of my posts were delted yesterday by Jo as i am treated exactly the same as you when posting on the forum.

So as not to send this thread off track i have deleted any messages quoting other threads.

Should anyone see a post 'they viewas unfair' REPORT IT all reported posts are checked unless it is reported it could slip through the net.

Cal x

All right all right. I beleive you.

Can I have my post back please.

Barab i have just been to check the post you reported and it didnt call you a little fat yellow idiot,,, sorry mate please feel free to find it and report again as the post you did report was ok, so not sure what happened there.Report it or point it out to me and i will edit/delete it where necessary.

Cal x

I do acktually believe I remember that post. as I remember thinking to myself was Barb a Chinese scottsman (a little one)

Guest barab
I do acktually believe I remember that post. as I remember thinking to myself was Barb a Chinese scottsman (a little one)

Well I am a little Chinese Scotsman working down the local Chines take away.is there anything wrong with that.

Vanilla face!!!!!!!

Tim has guidelines for moderating, because we're all different.. I have to be honest and say some of the stuff I've deleted I've laughed at because I thought it was funny, but the person who reported it obviously hadn't. Sometimes it is a fine line and we may get it wrong. I'd like to think I was fair and reasonable, I'll hold my hand up if I get it wrong, but I did delete one of Cals posts yesterday, just as I would any other member, as mods we've probably all had a post or two deleted by Tim or another mod. We do want people to enjoy the site, we do want to know the pro's and cons of moving to Aus or returning home ... that's what the genuine members want.

Ali x

Guest proud2beaussie

Barab,

The comments you found offensive in the post you reported have been deleted by a moderator,I reiterate comments from the other moderators that we can't see all posts and sometimes things do slip under the net,if you report a post and it appears that nothing has been done please feel free to ask what is happening.

Tim is a Tremendous and like I say level headed Administrator,and I get the feeling he would like this forum to be a bit more open and opinionated.

Let's keep it real and stop over policing it....Please.

Unfortunately Barab its easier said than done, basically if a post is reported we view it and take action where required. As Ali as said people take things differently and different things upset different people, we can never please everyone but try to do our best.

You say stop over policing but a minute ago you complained your reported post hadnt been acted on,, now its edited/delted, so no doubt the writer of the post will come to us with ''what have i done, it was only a joke'' !!!!!!!!!! this is just an example as you admitted to reporting it on the forum but surely you can see we are stuck between devil and the deep blue sea, we are damned if we do and damned if we dont!

This is why we say life on here would be so much easier without all the name calling and bickering , EVEN if it is only jest, newbies dont know who is who from Adam and will find it hard to distinguish a joke from an insult.

Cal x

Guest proud2beaussie

Please can we keep this thread on track about the subject that the OP started it for,which was thinking about going back to the UK because of the work situation and trade licences etc.

It has drifted off this morning to a discussion about moderating .

If we can keep it on track about being "homeward bound" there is no reason for moderators to step in,put your point of view clearly and strongly but respect others views and we will all have fun.

Guest anson aussies

well said Nige

heres a relevant question

Do you get 40kilos luggage allowance going back to uk?

Guest fatpom

Have some of the moderators stopped to think why more and more are openly questioning their judgement when it comes to deleting posts that it appears they simply don't like?

well said Nige

The 40kg of luggage is usually awarded for Migration (un validated visa), so i doubt that you would get it for re-locating ... however, I would certainly contact the airlines and ask ... nothing ventured nothing gained

Ali

Guest barab
No Barb I'm just two lazzy to go back and change my mistakes. Back on subjeced pleasse Yellow

I'm not Barb,I'm Barab.

Come on old chap lets call each other by our pretences

Have some of the moderators stopped to think why more and more are openly questioning their judgement when it comes to deleting posts that it appears they simply don't like?

Have any of the members stopped to think ''i wont post that incase it is protrayd wrong''?

we act on reports fatpom as i explained on the last page.

If members insist on reporting each other as a moderator our job is to act on that if necessary.

Cal x

I haven't ... but I don't delete posts because i don't like them, I delete them in accordance with the guidelines that Tim has given me, and if i've got time i'll pm the person concerned and tell them why

Ali

Guest proud2beaussie
well said Nige

Send me a PM when you have booked your flights and I will see if I can pull some strings with the airline and get you extra allowance.

Guest anson aussies

cheers mate.

Couldnt sort a 1st class upgrade too lol.

Are ozzy certs ok in uk?

Wifes posted on different thread regarding this but no reply as yet?

Cheers

Guest proud2beaussie

Even I don't get 1st class upgrades and I'm a lifetime gold frequent flyer !

As for UK recognition of Australian qualifications I found this site very usefull.

UK NARIC - Home

They will examine your wifes certificates and convert them to UK standard,I will post the link on her thread as well.

Guest 0405delboy
I haven't ... but I don't delete posts because i don't like them, I delete them in accordance with the guidelines that Tim has given me, and if i've got time i'll pm the person concerned and tell them why

Ali

I had one deleted last night with no explanation and certainly no PM. Perhaps lack of consistency is the problem?

I guess that my indifference to Australia probably means I dont deserve the courtesy.:elvis:...............?

Archived