homeward bound

Guest tayella

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest anson aussies

never said i didnt like it, in fact i love it but sometimes things are not meant to be.

Being out of work dont help i admit but im english and always will be.

I love the Balerics but that dont mean id want to live there

I must admit i really feel for the familys who move out here and can't find work, lets face it moving here is tough enough without the added stress of no work.

As Nigel and Guruju say some trades are still doing ok and others are starting to pick up thanks to goverment grants and hand outs, work is out there just no way as readily available as last year.

I know someone who went back to the UK and he said ''he couldnt get work'' when he actually had loads of jobs and just didnt want to change his style to fit the aussie way,so just kept walking off site, normally within a few hours. If you are prepared to adapt 'your ways' to fit in when you do find work you should be fine.

Cal x

Guest TheArmChairDetective
:SLEEP:Yes we all know you have said it before.

Congratulations Bowbrum,

Your first post from Australia according to the logs.

When did you arrive, I wondered why we hadn't heard from you for a couple of days.

Whuch way did you come, via Singapore?

Well done mate, bet it beats the Midlands?

Look forward to reading how you get on.

You'renot thinking of going back already seeing this threads "homeward bound"?

Guest bowbrum03
Congratulations Bowbrum,

Your first post from Australia according to the logs.

When did you arrive, I wondered why we hadn't heard from you for a couple of days.

Whuch way did you come, via Singapore?

Well done mate, bet it beats the Midlands?

Look forward to reading how you get on.

You'renot thinking of going back already seeing this threads "homeward bound"?

Shows how much you know,been here 6 yrs. neaver mind you may get here one day .LMAO

Guest 0405delboy
A bit like the work environment then apart from crossing paths?

How beige! :GEEK:

How beige! :GEEK:

Billy connely has a lot to answer for:biggrin:

Shows how much you know,been here 6 yrs. never mind you may get here one day .LMAO

Seriously? That's fantastic and amazing.

How much did it cost to use Telewest Broadband from Australia for all your previous posts?

Did it work out cheaper than using Bigpond?

I'll get there one day, sure will :biggrin:

Guest JoanneHattersley

First Post deleted due to personal attack on another member

Other ones irrelevent since original one deleted.

Play nicely children!

Guest 0405delboy
cheers rodders (delboy)

What happened there? :eek:

I cant recall 'personally attacking' anyone'!

Guest anson aussies
What happened there? :eek:

I cant recall 'personally attacking' anyone'!

Del it wernt you it was me, I apparently attacked someone for being wrong in my opinion.

Poms in Oz, British Expats and all the other sites is an anagram for "unless your gonna big up everything Oz the Pee off"

Some (not all) moderators use thier free time watching people like me having an honest opinion and cane you for it.

Lets be honest im only on here coz im a sad doley due to misleading information from the GVT and its THEM stealing my money to keep thier economy afloat, hence I go on here with an opinion.

Tell you what tho maybe they could give me a job on here as they dont seem to work as they are on here 24/7, if they did it would make this site more HONEST

Honesty is a denial of those who hate the truth!

Goodnight!!!!!!!!

Guest anson aussies
First Post deleted due to personal attack on another member

Other ones irrelevent since original one deleted.

Play nicely children!

Thought this site was to show +/- perspectives of moving here warts and all, but you remove honest posts.

Sorry to spoil it for you so heres what you really want to hear.

Australias great, sunny, prawns, barbie, fun, 200k a year, rolls royce. Mansion, bling on every finger...........

Look I aint avin a pop and sorry 4 the sarcy comment, your obviously doin ok for yaselves so why not leave the "less fortunates" to do our thing?

Ive not once been rude but you still find a way in to stop honest opinions, I thought that PIO was about opiniions?

MAybe Im wrong?

Sorry mate but thats how it is!!!!

Guest JoanneHattersley

I thought that PIO was about opiniions?

Anson, you are dead right there. This IS about opinions however when opinions turn into being rude, aggressive to other members then it will be dealt with! This is what happened here.

John, If you ever have issues with a post like that , that has not been deleted/moved when you feel it should have please please use the report button. That is why it is there, we moderate but we need the help of members to highlight these posts. We cant possibly read every post, every day. There physically isnt the time as well as the fact that several of us mods work full time as well as running a house/family and doing this! That post has been removed and I thankn you for bringing it to our attention! As for "mates rates"????? , not in my book! The people involved in that have been spoken with by another moderator.

Rightly you closed the thread but I think you forgot to delete personal post's that would and should according to the rules of the forum be addressed privately.

Don't get me wrong I do like a ding dong but no Mates rates please.

I still think we should air our views regardless.Sometimes there is just a tad too much policing of some points of view and some Mods get trigger happy sometimes with the deleting button.

/QUOTE]

Barab, I wish we could air our views regardless! However there would be no need for moderating and the forum would end up in a he said/she said argument!

Re: Policing: We moderate according to the rules that were given to us by Tim!

Anson, you are dead right there. This IS about opinions however when opinions turn into being rude, aggressive to other members then it will be dealt with! This is what happened here.

John, If you ever have issues with a post like that , that has not been deleted/moved when you feel it should have please please use the report button. That is why it is there, we moderate but we need the help of members to highlight these posts. We cant possibly read every post, every day. There physically isnt the time as well as the fact that several of us mods work full time as well as running a house/family and doing this! That post has been removed and I thankn you for bringing it to our attention! As for "mates rates"????? , not in my book! The people involved in that have been spoken with by another moderator.

I still think we should air our views regardless.Sometimes there is just a tad too much policing of some points of view and some Mods get trigger happy sometimes with the deleting button.

/QUOTE]

Barab, I wish we could air our views regardless! However there would be no need for moderating and the forum would end up in a he said/she said argument!

Re: Policing: We moderate according to the rules that were given to us by Tim!

Thankyou Jo

I know you do a good job but I find thigs hippocritical somtimes. Is Cal still a Mod?

Guest barab

I wish it was a level playing field for being rude to people as regards to posts getting deleted,I think that's what this is all about,some remarks go unpunished and undeleted wherease,and more often than not it's a member who has not had a great experience inOz,Their post are ravaged and then infractions or warnings occur.

It's double standards if you ask me!

Guest anson aussies
I wish it was a level playing field for being rude to people as regards to posts getting deleted,I think that's what this is all about,some remarks go unpunished and undeleted wherease,and more often than not it's a member who has not had a great experience inOz,Their post are ravaged and then infractions or warnings occur.

Well said mate

Guest JoanneHattersley

Speaking for me personally, I infract/delete according to Tims rules. If you think something has gone "unpunished" please use that report button. Tell us!

Guest JoanneHattersley

I know you do a good job but I find thigs hippocritical somtimes. Is Cal still a Mod?

Thank you for your understanding and comments. Have you asked Cal herself?

Archived