Britain world's favourite country

Guest earlswood

Guest earlswood

Coming back to the UK and that bad...listining to radio 4 today and Britain is the worlds favourite place according to a poll done last month.:cute:dont know why they think Britain is a Country though.

This one is from 2006

POLLSTERS RECKON that there's no better "brand" than Britain when it comes to being a country.

Here's the top ten:

1. UK

2. Switzerland

3. Canada

4. Italy

5. Sweden

6. Germany

7. Japan

8. France

9. Australia

10. United States

Britain is world's favourite country, say pollsters - The Inquirer

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheArmChairDetective
Coming back to the UK and that bad...listining to radio 4 today and Britain is the worlds favourite place according to a poll done last month.:cute:dont know why they think Britain is a Country though.

This one is from 2006

Which part of Britain isn't a country then?

I imagine the people voting were all residents of care home and voted just after the medication trolley did it's rounds.:biglaugh:

Guest earlswood

I imagine the people voting were all residents of care home and voted just after the medication trolley did it's rounds.

Great Britain is a state consisting of four Countries. LOL

Guest earlswood
Which part of Britain isn't a country then?

I imagine the people voting were all residents of care home and voted just after the medication trolley did it's rounds.

Britain is not a country. Great Britain is an island made up of England, Scotland and Wales. The United Kingdom consists of Great Britain & northern Ireland.:biglaugh:

you are a funny lad.

Guest barab

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom

I agree,there is no place like Britain in this world.

It's history speaks for itself,It's got the lot,more than Australia,more than anywhere in the world.

Some folk may like to live in another country,so be it,that's their choice,but the fact of the matter is

Britain is better

Britain is not a country. Great Britain is an island made up of England, Scotland and Wales. The United Kingdom consists of Great Britain & northern Ireland.:biglaugh:

you are a funny lad.

So, I ask again, Which part of Britain isn't a country then?

As for your original post young lady, you did actually read the article didn't you?

Guest proud2beaussie

Firstly,earlswood,the report quotes the results from the 2006 survey,in the 2008 survey the UK fell to third place behind Germany and France,and in the people section where countries are ranked about how their citizens treat vistors etc Australia and Canada are the two top nations.

But the whole idea of ranking a country as a brand is as ridiculous as ranking Mcdonalds as a country,you don't "buy" a country,and you don't sell a country either,the job of the leader of a country,like the UK Prime Minister,is to "sell" the economy and the lifestyle and investment opportunities,it is not to place their country on the shelf at Tesco,

I've recently purchased three London restaurants and I plan on buying a couple more,but I didn't make the decision based on some poxy survey from a marketing company,I bought them because I see opportunities for growth and profit in the hospitality industry in London and thats what counts-investment in the future,not telephone surveys.

Firstly,earlswood,the report quotes the results from the 2006 survey,in the 2008 survey the UK fell to third place behind Germany and France,and in the people section where countries are ranked about how their citizens treat vistors etc Australia and Canada are the two top nations.

Hurrah, someone else read this two year old AMERICAN survey.:biggrin:

How many restrooms err servo's...I mean restaurants you got NigelinOz?

Guest smc01

Wonder how many of those that were surveyed have actually been to Britain?

Off topic, anyone else notice the picture of Eminem in the title bar - and if clicked on takes you to a story about how Binyam Mohamed was subjected to torture by, among other things, being made to listen to Eminem 24 hours a day non stop?!

Wonder how many of those that were surveyed have actually been to Britain?

Off topic, anyone else notice the picture of Eminem in the title bar - and if clicked on takes you to a story about how Binyam Mohamed was subjected to torture by, among other things, being made to listen to Eminem 24 hours a day non stop?!

nowt wrong with eminem mind.

Guest earlswood
So, I ask again, Which part of Britain isn't a country then?

As for your original post young lady, you did actually read the article didn't you?

Please tell me you are on the wind-up:biglaugh:

Great Britain is not a country but is a political term which describes the combination of England Scotland and Wales the three nations which together include all the land on the island. It is also a geographical term referring to the island on which the greater parts of England, Wales and Scotland are situated.

Have a read of where you come from...

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/britain/britain.htm

I agree,there is no place like Britain in this world.

It's history speaks for itself,It's got the lot,more than Australia,more than anywhere in the world.

Some folk may like to live in another country,so be it,that's their choice,but the fact of the matter is

Britain is better

Better than what?

Britain's history is just a tourist attraction.

Guest earlswood
Better than what?

Britain's history is just a tourist attraction.

Yes...and what a great history...:notworthy:

Please tell me you are on the wind-up:biglaugh:

Great Britain is not a country but is a political term which describes the combination of England Scotland and Wales the three nations which together include all the land on the island. It is also a geographical term referring to the island on which the greater parts of England, Wales and Scotland are situated.

Have a read of where you come from...

Are Britain, Great Britain and the UK the same country?

Earlswood, you naughty woman, you really should read some of the stuff you post before you post it.

Seeing as Britain is made up of England and Wales and you stated that "Britain wasn't a country", the question remains the same.

Which part of Britain isn't a country.

Yes...and what a great history...:notworthy:

Let's see now, invasion,murder,rape,pillage,slavery, a class system, poverty,colonialism oops that takes us to invasion,murder,rape,pillage,slavery, a class system, theft, poverty.

which bit's great again?

Guest earlswood
Earlswood, you naughty woman, you really should read some of the stuff you post before you post it.

Seeing as Britain is made up of England and Wales and you stated that "Britain wasn't a country", the question remains the same.

Which part of Britain isn't a country.

Let's see now, invasion,murder,rape,pillage,slavery, a class system, poverty,colonialism oops that takes us to invasion,murder,rape,pillage,slavery, a class system, theft, poverty.

which bit's great again?

You thought Great Britain was a Country :twitcy: so I will not take any History lessons from you lad.

You thought Great Britain was a Country :twitcy: so I will not take any History lessons from you lad.

No Madam, at no time have I posted the word Great and Britain together in this thread.

Plus, not only do I know you need a history lesson, I think you need to get some spectacles to replace those rose tints.

Guest earlswood
No Madam, at no time have I posted the word Great and Britain together in this thread.

Plus, not only do I know you need a history lesson, I think you need to get some spectacles to replace those rose tints.

ohhhhh, so you only think Britain is a Country....you silly girl..:jiggy:

Archived