Top 5 reasons for leaving Australia.

Guest earlswood

Guest spides

Some people just like to moan and whinge,my opinion is if they dislike Australia that much all they have to do is send me a PM or email and I'll book em a flight at industry rates,and be glad to see the back of em.

hooray buy this person a drink

I can't defend being here in Aus because I'll be shot down as racist etc

You'll be back in the land of Poms five minutes and you'll forget the kids on street corners and the news being constant doom and gloom...........

I went back in August for four weeks, I was back five days and said f**k this and spent a week In portugal and week in Paris!!!

Look at the English who have migrated to Spain, Italy and France

The English have totaly zero tolerance in integrating with the land they are moving too, refusing to learn the 'language' and if there is no fish & chips and pubs they throw their rattle out of the pram...

as was said, don't waste your time listing why to leave Aus, f**king leave and do us all a favour........

Watch Sexy Beast with Ray Winstone, he said it perfectly

People say, "Don't you miss it, Gal?" I say, "What, England? Nah. F*cking place. It's a dump. Don't make me laugh. Grey, grimy, sooty. What a sh1t hole. What a toilet. Every c*nt with a long face shuffling about, moaning, all worried. No thanks, not for me."

Bang on..........send me a post card while I go to the beach.......:wink:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll be back in the land of Poms five minutes and you'll forget the kids on street corners and the news being constant doom and gloom...........

I went back in August for four weeks, I was back five days and said f**k this and spent a week In portugal and week in Paris!!!

The English have totaly zero tolerance in integrating with the land they are moving too, refusing to learn the 'language' and if there is no fish & chips and pubs they throw their rattle out of the pram...

as was said, don't waste your time listing why to leave Aus, f**king leave and do us all a favour........

People say, "Don't you miss it, Gal?" I say, "What, England? Nah. F*cking place. It's a dump. Don't make me laugh. Grey, grimy, sooty. What a sh1t hole. What a toilet. Every c*nt with a long face shuffling about, moaning, all worried. No thanks, not for me."

Spides.. I'm all up for debate, however, using one account for posts such as this and another are against the forum rules. Please advise which account you want to keep and which to delete.

Tim

Guest TheBrowningFamily

We left for all of the above reasons, and have never been happier than since we got back to the UK.

For Spides who commented what a hole the UK is I have great pity....he must have come from an awful place here? And instead of opening his eyes to the beauty of what is on his own doorstep, chose to leave for the other side of the world and slate those who decide that the UK is not as he see's it.

I for one am glad people like that are no longer here....you are the sad ones who wonder round with long faces looking miserable and moaning.......if we can shift you sad people then the UK would be nicer for those who came back and those who live here!

Guest TheBrowningFamily

BTW, just because Aus was not right for us, does not mean I hate it! I do not regret emigrating for a second, and Australia will always be a special place to me....but not as special as home!

I often think those who get so angry, frustrated and opinionated about comments of those returning do so as they are trying to justify why they are staying in Aus, to themseves as well as others....if you were truley happy there, surely you would just be getting on with living it, and not be needing to remind yourselves why you left?

Just a question, as this was what we were like before we finally had the guts to say....'you know what the UK was better than this - lets go home'

Guest barab
BTW, just because Aus was not right for us, does not mean I hate it! I do not regret emigrating for a second, and Australia will always be a special place to me....but not as special as home!

I often think those who get so angry, frustrated and opinionated about comments of those returning do so as they are trying to justify why they are staying in Aus, to themseves as well as others....if you were truley happy there, surely you would just be getting on with living it, and not be needing to remind yourselves why you left?

Just a question, as this was what we were like before we finally had the guts to say....'you know what the UK was better than this - lets go home'

Well said! I agree 100%, these people spend their lives trying to convince themselves they made the right decision.Time will tell if the did or didn't.......Which raises the question,why are they still on this section of the forum??

Guest Murra

Isn't this a forum topic about Returning to the UK? If you feel this strongly about people expressing their thoughts about why they want to go back, then surely you are not in the right place? People are entitled to their opinions without having them ripped to shreds and feeling intimidated by a post that is, in fact, quite aggressive and unnecessary.

Guest proud2beaussie
Isn't this a forum topic about Returning to the UK? If you feel this strongly about people expressing their thoughts about why they want to go back, then surely you are not in the right place? People are entitled to their opinions without having them ripped to shreds and feeling intimidated by a post that is, in fact, quite aggressive and unnecessary.

Agreed,but exactly the same point can be made about people who start threads on positive Australian experiences only to have them hijacked by those who for whatever reason,don't share their views.

PIO is a forum where the moderators exercise gentle control and only step in when necessary to prevent personal abuse and breaches of forum policy,and unless each thread was tightly controlled and censored then their are times when peoples opinions will appear "beyond the pale" but that's PIO.

BTW If you feel that strongly about a post on any PIO thread you can of course ask a moderator to look at it by clicking on the yellow exclamation mark at the bottom of the posters profile

The other factor is that as you point out it is a thread about returning to the Uk which means the majority of people intrerested in it would have probably already made their decisions and are unlikely to be swayed by that sort of post anyway

Guest Guruju

Hi All

As a Brit whom has lived here since 1994, I take time out to look at these posts even though I am not looking to return to the UK. The reasons why I look and sometimes respond are:

a) I am genuinely interested in what issues people wrestle with and want to help if I can.

b) I appreciate how hard it is to relocate and there's lots of things I know or can point people to (particularity for WA or the NT) if there is something practical they require either to give more thought to their decision if they are asking for other people's input to their decision thinking or if there is something they might be unaware of and could check out before they make a final decision.

c) The fact that there is such a thing as a "ping pong pom" or a "boomerang pom" says to me its not clear cut for some people and I often wonder, if only someone had helped them before they definitely decide to return and then come back again, if they could have been spared some heartache/expense? Especially those that wobble after a very very short time here.

I don't have a problem if people think the UK is better for them or if Oz is better, to me it's a silly thing to argue about - it's about what's right for the individual/family and their needs at their particular stage of life.

Cheers

Julia

Guest itskaren
Totally, most of you have been perfectly pleasant in this thread, and like i said, i agree with you on most things lol. It just kinda hurts to be called boring, shallow, uncultured, and a bad driver to boot lol.

I realise that you're not all talking about me, personally (i assume none of you have ever met me), but it does make me feel a bit crap that so many people have such a low opinion of my fellow countrymen :)

As you have said it is not a personal thing just an obversation! However, I can honestly say I have been lucky enough to vist many, many countries and I have NEVER come across such bad drivers (on the whole) as I have in Australia. I honestly don't know how so many are allowed to drive?:confused:

As you have said it is not a personal thing just an obversation! However, I can honestly say I have been lucky enough to vist many, many countries and I have NEVER come across such bad drivers (on the whole) as I have in Australia. I honestly don't know how so many are allowed to drive?:confused:

They are socking aren't they. I instictively cover the break now when approaching a junction - never ever did that in the UK. Its the white UTE drivers that are the worst!

My husband grew up in Istanbul population about 11 million. Rough pot holed roads, no road markings, few signs, no mot, dodgy old trucks, half asleep drivers, no seat belts/helmets, parking anywhere etc.

Compared to that UK and Australia are pretty tame.

We drove around Rome a few years ago and the mopeds are mental, they were freaking him out because they swarm around you at lights and you think you're going to squash them, also plazas with no road markings or signs, again full of mopeds and zooming taxis.

It's like the 'Sunday drivers' in Uk who drive evryday. Do 40 in a 60 zone and speed up to 50 in 30 zone, break when going round corners or up hills. Some people ignore the rules and just make it dangerous for everyone else.

Sue x

:SLEEP:.....?

Anyway, back to top 5 reasons to leave Australia

I certainly do not dislike Australia and I'll never say I will not return as our prioritys in life change. But hear are five of mine.

Can only really speak of Qld as appossed to Australia as hole.

1) Some days earn more than I could earn in a week in Qld.

2) Lack of culture and felt life was bland & sterile.

3) Big house, sunshine swimming pool could never replace friends,family & work life back home.

4) Going through IVF now could never afford this in Australia.

5) I have more control & time enjoy life.

Been Back nearly a year now.

Guest Guruju

Here's my top 5 from my friends whom are looking at possibly going back

1. Family and friends are in the UK and you miss the social network and support that provides (going back to visit just makes this more obvious to people as they see older family members and worry they may not see them again and as they watch their children playing with all the cousins etc).

2. Your career plans include structured career path and an aim to get to the top with big money to match - can be more difficult to do in Australia.

3. You absolutely cannot do without your favourite curry/chocolate/beer etc.

4. You spend your spare hours at the pub (on the darts team, football team, quiz team etc etc) and Australia's lack of a real pub culture is spinning you out.

5. You realise that holiday destinations and actually living in a place as a resident are two different things - just like a holiday romance and a real relationship can be.

Cheers

julia

I certainly do not dislike Australia and I'll never say I will not return as our prioritys in life change. But hear are five of mine.

Can only really speak of Qld as appossed to Australia as hole.

1) Some days earn more than I could earn in a week in Qld.

2) Lack of culture and felt life was bland & sterile.

3) Big house, sunshine swimming pool could never replace friends,family & work life back home.

4) Going through IVF now could never afford this in Australia.

5) I have more control & time enjoy life.

Been Back nearly a year now.

Ok you have gone back cant hack dont like it your choice mate, why post on a poms in oz site when you are not in oz and have no intentions to go back , but your post is correct ,I think aussie tool is correct in my perception of the slang for tool , the soft one that gets hard now and again but in his case does not happen

I'm a resident of Australia who said I have no intensions of coming back.

Nice to see plenty of passion on here anyway,but like I've said if you have a real reason for returning to the Uk such as missing family and friends too much thats fine,I helped a friend migrate many years ago and she had a breakdown because she was missing her parents too much,so I know what it is like.But to list missing the pub and tv is just a bit lame for me,but it takes all sorts.

So peace for now

x

:hug:

Nice to see plenty of passion on here anyway,but like I've said if you have a real reason for returning to the Uk such as missing family and friends too much thats fine,I helped a friend migrate many years ago and she had a breakdown because she was missing her parents too much,so I know what it is like.But to list missing the pub and tv is just a bit lame for me,but it takes all sorts.

So peace for now

x

Talking to E to oz on the point yiou highlighted , do miiss the local aspect , thats why they are building so many . where does the miisin the pub come from ,y=think you are totally off base there , personally I do miss the local ( as it does what it says on the tin local) a lot of aussie communities are becoming aware that they canhave a family friendly pub wu=ith meals and entertainment.One thing the uk is learning from Euro-pe and aus can learn and is learnin

Mallty

The pub is fine mate,but to many people imho base their whole lives around it,its sunny where shall we go,the pub,its my birthday where shall we go,the pub,its raining where shall we go,the pub,you get my drift....

Both places, the Uk and Aus are totally amazing,and too few people get out there and find out,im sounding like an old hippie now

:tongue:

Guest earlswood

So peace for now

x

Missing the pub for many is just "one" of the peices of the puzzle...when you start adding culture and history etc...it comes together like a jig-saw

The pub is fine mate,but to many people imho base their whole lives around it,its sunny where shall we go,the pub,its my birthday where shall we go,the pub,its raining where shall we,the pub,you get my drift

both places, the Uk and Aus are totally amazing,and too few people get out there and find out,im sounding like an old hippie now

:tongue:

I am a advocate of the pub oh says she saved my life ,prob right , today been to apark with a load of mates well a mates mates but ours now , playin cricket late on with kids 1 day day and niter lol some beers , fantastic ,public bbqs oh took sarnies tite git but great day had a swim in sea wi kids ( I`m daft as a brush ) really good time

None of these peeps are on pio but they are brill people brits and oz avin a real good time but this is real australia not virtual australia

Guest earlswood
I am a advocate of the pub oh says she saved my life ,prob right , today been to apark with a load of mates well a mates mates but ours now , playin cricket late on with kids 1 day day and niter lol some beers , fantastic ,public bbqs oh took sarnies tite git but great day had a swim in sea wi kids ( I`m daft as a brush ) really good time

None of these peeps are on pio but they are brill people brits and oz avin a real good time but this is real australia not virtual australia

yorkshirepom,,,really great you are happy but many are not...this is a thread on the going home to the UK mate...theres a good lad.

Yes, come on Mally, stop spreading your happiness about, and stop interuppting the going home thread, earlswood would never poke his nose in on a thread re leaving England.

Archived