Top 5 reasons for leaving Australia.

Guest earlswood

Sorry everyone....as an Aussie who misses the UK very much, i totally understand an awful lot of what you are all saying.

In saying that, i now feel kinda dirty after reading this thread. Apparenlty being an Aussie makes me a pretty horrible person, and you all just can't wait to get away. It's a shame you can't all stick to 'things' that you dislike about Australia, or miss about the UK....instead of simply being rude and badmouthing the people in it. We're not all bad you know.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Perth Princess
Sorry everyone....as an Aussie who misses the UK very much, i totally understand an awful lot of what you are all saying.

In saying that, i now feel kinda dirty after reading this thread. Apparenlty being an Aussie makes me a pretty horrible person, and you all just can't wait to get away. It's a shame you can't all stick to 'things' that you dislike about Australia, or miss about the UK....instead of simply being rude and badmouthing the people in it. We're not all bad you know.

Please don't think this of all of us. I've moaned about a couple of things but never Australian people. I have found the Aussies to be incredibly friendly, much friendlier than Brits. I do think that it's important though that people are allowed to air negative feelings as well as positive. Doing this can be a real help to people who are struggling to cope with the whole emigration process which is very stressful.

Guest kevin747

The one thing I will miss is my Australian friends.Please don't take offence we are all missing home and culture shock brings out a rant in most of us(including me).

Regards

Guest JoanneHattersley

This thread is about "wanting to leave Oz". These people all want to go for a variety of reasons. it could be simply that Australia is not what they thought it would be! Once you decide that you dont want to be somewhere I think that every little thing can be magnified to 10 times worse than what it might actually be! This is what these people are feeling.

I am one of the ones who LOVE Australia! Australians are not bad people. They were brought up differently to come poms, lived different lifestyles etc and some UK people cannot accept that change! Thats all it is!

Totally, most of you have been perfectly pleasant in this thread, and like i said, i agree with you on most things lol. It just kinda hurts to be called boring, shallow, uncultured, and a bad driver to boot lol.

I realise that you're not all talking about me, personally (i assume none of you have ever met me), but it does make me feel a bit crap that so many people have such a low opinion of my fellow countrymen :)

Guest JoanneHattersley
It just kinda hurts to be called boring, shallow, uncultured, and a bad driver to boot lol.

I can understand that! lol! Wouldnt any Brit be insulted if the same were said about their culture!!!

but it does make me feel a bit crap that so many people have such a low opinion of my fellow countrymen :)

All depends where these posters live I suppose! I have to say 75% of all Aussies I have met have been great!

Deep breath Mrs Doyle! I love ya xx

Guest proud2beaussie

Some people just like to moan and whinge,my opinion is if they dislike Australia that much all they have to do is send me a PM or email and I'll book em a flight at industry rates,and be glad to see the back of em.

Blimey, just saw your sig. Whats your house like when the rugby is on?

Lmao! The kids are all too young to know at the moment, fortunatly! my eldest is the English one, he's nearly 5. Plus, my hubby is Scottish, so we don't usually advertise the fact that our son is English LOL...he'd probably make me take that down if he knew!

We all have different citizenship...my Dh is British only (although, could become Aussie citizen), my eldest son and myself are both dual citizens (UK & Oz...I'm British by descent), and my younger 3 (soon to be 4) are just Aussies at this stage, but obviously could be British from their father.

Guest proud2beaussie

Mrs Doyle, I thought you lived on craggy island with Father Ted,Dougal and Father Jack,! :biglaugh:

200px-Batch_202.jpg

Mrs Doyle gives Dougal a bath.

Guest earlswood
This thread is about "wanting to leave Oz". These people all want to go for a variety of reasons. it could be simply that Australia is not what they thought it would be! Once you decide that you dont want to be somewhere I think that every little thing can be magnified to 10 times worse than what it might actually be! This is what these people are feeling.

I am one of the ones who LOVE Australia! Australians are not bad people. They were brought up differently to come poms, lived different lifestyles etc and some UK people cannot accept that change! Thats all it is!

I agree all countries have bad good and indifferent people and the percetages of good and bad work out about the same in Oz or the UK...we just have a different sence of humour etc.

Hey i feel the same i have written about me not settlin in the five years ive been here in perth in the western australia forum bit,your replies would be appreciated need some cheerin up

Guest kevin747
just looked at 2 Next, 1 M&S and a kids Monsoon item and they were made in Sri Lanka, Turkey, Vietnam and China. Nothing is made in the UK anymore.

Very true. However it appears that you maybe stuck there. pip,pip

Guest holly

hi i have been in oz for 3 weeks now and already im glad its only for a year...landed in melbournethe weekend of all the fires... started work as a nurse where even though the working life style is good for not doing much im already worried bout losing my nurssing skills...chocolate for $3.50? and the auzzie men? the ones my age so far are fine the older ones? im soooo fed up with been looked down on and spoken to like im less then dirt! oh well home in january!

Guest lovediving

Holly, yep that sounds about right, arrogant australian blokes and the way they talk down to woman. A lot of them are either so up themselves or completely insane with little idea of how to treat a woman.

Don't worry, you'll be pleased to know there are British men in Melbourne so hopefully you will meet some nice ones.

im soooo fed up with been looked down on and spoken to like im less then dirt! oh well home in january!

Guest lovediving

BTW Holly some of the older Australian men are extremely arrogant and full of it, you might even come across some on this site. What I would do is brush them off as you would a cobweb on your shoulder and see them for what they really are.

You know where you come from, you know how woman are supposed to be treated don't let it get to you.

Guest bowbrum03
BTW Holly some of the older Australian men are extremely arrogant and full of it, you might even come across some on this site.

I wonder who that could be.:rolleyes:

Guest lovediving
I wonder who that could be.:rolleyes:

Just generalising, I said she might come across men like that, but hopefully she wont be that unlucky.

Guest tincan

errr excuse me, can you please look at my face and not my :realmad: when you are talking to me , they all do it it's a world wide thing , however over here hmmmmmm ..... and yes some of them do talk down to you but that too is a world wide man thing ... i give em as good as i get , :arghh:

Guest holly

yep i agree men are men world wide! just can some of the good ones pop up now and then? im an idiot and left my good one in the uk for 12 mths!:wacko:

Guest lovediving

:v_SPIN:There is a couple on here that are good but I think they are married, have you spoken to Earlswood yet

Guest earlswood
:v_SPIN:There is a couple on here that are good but I think they are married, have you spoken to Earlswood yet

I'm freeeeeee :rolleyes:

Errrrm really liked how this thread started off - but....can we now please have a dating thread for those that might need it lol!

why I might want to go back

1. Absolutely no sense of history and what there is is terribly sad - now I can feel a strong sense of belonging to the UK!

2. Sorry the driving is sooooooo bad amongst the terrible few- I think it might just be the unpredictability as driving into London or even Leeds with all the tail gating has been equally terrifying but at least I know what to expect!

3. Sexism and arrogance and all things macho in the small segment of the male population which seems to live 30 years in the past

4. Also really scared of loosing my hard won skills as the job I am doing is like going back 15 years -although admittedly I am developing better skills in some areas as I find those who I work with extremely thorough and conscientious

5. Deep breath.........the Lake District, the Peak district, Scotland, Wales, Devon, Cornwall, Norfolk easy cheap access to Europe

why i might want to stay

1. more hours of sunshine, sea 5 mins away

2. people ask you how you are and what you did at the weekend not what have you bought lately and what are you getting for Xmas, valentines day, Birthday etc or what make is your TV or where are you going on holiday so they can better it!!!!!

3. Bins get emptied weekly-this is sooo much an issue with me in the UK whatever happened to the GOVT providing the services people actually want with the council tax they work hard to pay for

4. People can actually celebrate being Australian and wave flags and party etc not really sure about the car stickers but they do make me laugh

5. Not going into a demented food/drink fest at xmas as it is tooo hot

Archived