NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hi The Hulls, you can apply to AHPRA before you get your visa. for the ID requirements send a copy of your photo page of your passport, verified by notary or JP. If you are going on a 457 visa you don't need an IELTS. I have also heard thay IELTS requirements have changed, there may be something on AHPRA website.

Sarah

Thank u Sarah.. we,re hoping to go on the 175/176 visa..depending on points. so for that i have to do the ielts and get at least a 7 in each part... do u think i should apply to aphra anyways and get my reg through them... as those visa,s could take ages... and if i don,t get the ielts then we,ll go down the route of 457 visa... ielts remain the same on the aphra website , basically if i can prove i was english taught ( which i am) then shouldn,t be a problem... how far on are you guys and good luck. xx :err:

Thank u Sarah.. we,re hoping to go on the 175/176 visa..depending on points. so for that i have to do the ielts and get at least a 7 in each part... do u think i should apply to aphra anyways and get my reg through them... as those visa,s could take ages... and if i don,t get the ielts then we,ll go down the route of 457 visa... ielts remain the same on the aphra website , basically if i can prove i was english taught ( which i am) then shouldn,t be a problem... how far on are you guys and good luck. xx :err:

will it mean you need to get documents certified twice and send NMC things twice? Once we get skills assessment done we are asking the ANMAC to send all my documents to AHPRA so i don't need to double up...thinking that by the time have got SS and visa will be about 6-8months so HOPEFULLY AHPRA will be done.

Does anyone know if you have to have a job offer letter before you can complete registration process? I have letter from AHPRA that states i am now eligibel for registration and just have to turn up in person with proof of id and no criminal record to complete, but when i asked her if that's all she said i also need proof of Oz address and job offer letter. I only have till march 2012, we are booked on flights in feb to validate visa, but then have to retur to UK once 3 weeks up, so can finish with childrens education until following year....so i won't have job offer or Oz address? Help pls as panicking now i will lose eligibility to complete process, which they say means you get all your documents destroyed and have to start and pay all over again!!!! Not funny thought! :(

Guest Hacking family

Hi there, i have applied to AHPRA and been asked to submit some more info which i have done, I also applied for a job last week and they emailed me to get in touch and set up a telephone interview. If successful they will offer me a 457 visa but after completion of a successful 6 month probation they will hopefully help me apply for PR. At the moment it feels like 1 step forward 10 steps back and we also still need to sell our house :( Good luck with your application, keep in touch

Sarah

Can Someone help me please!!!!!!!!

I got eligibility letter from Ahpra and to complete the registration process they want me to submit my ID's with police clearence certificate to any Ahpra office in person within one year of this eligibility letter....lots of my friends in UK got the same thing recently...I think this is how Ahpra giving out registration nowadays...Anyway in my case I manage to find job and sponsorship 457 visa..So as soon as I reach Australia I will submit my documents with ID to Ahpra office to complete the registration process as Ahpra says..Does anyone know then I will be in the register straight away or I have to wait another month for that....did anyone go through this new Ahpra registration procedure...

please help.......

Ok,

1.Send ALL documents to AHPRA

2. They send 'letter of eligibility'

3. Attend AHPRA office, show ID and proof of visa.

4. Your name appears on register. They will e-mail you to tell you it was doen. Took me five days for name to show up.

Voila, I have just done it and am now in Brisbane.....very very simple. If you are unsure of anything call AHPRA and avoid all the hearsay and gossip......

Good luck!!

Hi FLUXSTA, could you please clarify something for me. I too have received letter of eligibility and have till end of march 2012 to attend AHPRA office. It says to show proof of no criminal record (which i guess we can use police clearance certificate for), and proof of ID...but when i checked with person who sent me letter, she said need to show letter of job offer and proof of Oz address? Is this correct? My concern is that we're going to validate visas in feb, but return to uk for another 14 months till daughter finishes education so i won't have job offer, or Oz address (only rental) and letter states if don't attend AHPRA to complete registration process will lose eligibility and all paperwork submitted to date will be destroyed and will have to start all over again which i cannot bear to do! Thank you. Tania

Hi there, i have applied to AHPRA and been asked to submit some more info which i have done, I also applied for a job last week and they emailed me to get in touch and set up a telephone interview. If successful they will offer me a 457 visa but after completion of a successful 6 month probation they will hopefully help me apply for PR. At the moment it feels like 1 step forward 10 steps back and we also still need to sell our house :( Good luck with your application, keep in touch

Sarah

hiya sarah. did u sign up with an agency and was it costly??? what area u heading to.. we,re hoping to head to perth area if poss. xx:daydreaming:

Guest The Mellor clan
did you send them your IELTS test report with less than 7 in each module..

Yes, unfortunately I did! But at the time I was infromed by AHPRA that I did need to sit the IELTS, even though I told them I could prove my education has always been taught and assessed in English!

Guest Hacking family
hiya sarah. did u sign up with an agency and was it costly??? what area u heading to.. we,re hoping to head to perth area if poss. xx:daydreaming:

Hi, found the job on the ramsay health website they have 4 hospitals in Perth, a mix of public and private. The one i've applied for is just south of Kings Park, looking at living around Canning Vale or Leeming. Have friends in Baldivis but think the commute may be too much. I originally spoke to WA health dept at an expo but other than for initial advice they have not done much, so basically doing it myself with help from this forum. What kind of nursing do you do, i'm an anaesthetic and recovery nurse. Moving out with hubby (engineer) and 2 girls, 11 and 8.

Speak soon, Sarah x

Hi, found the job on the ramsay health website they have 4 hospitals in Perth, a mix of public and private. The one i've applied for is just south of Kings Park, looking at living around Canning Vale or Leeming. Have friends in Baldivis but think the commute may be too much. I originally spoke to WA health dept at an expo but other than for initial advice they have not done much, so basically doing it myself with help from this forum. What kind of nursing do you do, i'm an anaesthetic and recovery nurse. Moving out with hubby (engineer) and 2 girls, 11 and 8.

Speak soon, Sarah x

Thanks for reply Sarah.. i,m general trained so have vast experience, neurology and care of eldery being some of them. But i,m currently in District Nursing for past 9 years(10 IN fEB 2011). SO hope i can get something over there... I,m doin my IELTS test again this w,end 3rd time..... as i,ve just missed out by 0.5 band in first and second exam.... v v frustrated.. We,ve got a little girl 3.5years and my hubby in The construction industry so hope I get the IELTS AND GET THE PROCESS ON THE ROAD.... Linda. xx:confused:

Hi FLUXSTA, could you please clarify something for me. I too have received letter of eligibility and have till end of march 2012 to attend AHPRA office. It says to show proof of no criminal record (which i guess we can use police clearance certificate for), and proof of ID...but when i checked with person who sent me letter, she said need to show letter of job offer and proof of Oz address? Is this correct? My concern is that we're going to validate visas in feb, but return to uk for another 14 months till daughter finishes education so i won't have job offer, or Oz address (only rental) and letter states if don't attend AHPRA to complete registration process will lose eligibility and all paperwork submitted to date will be destroyed and will have to start all over again which i cannot bear to do! Thank you. Tania

I think as far as AHPRA states then yes they are correct in saying that there is a period of time to do it and then you have to start from scratch. Please PM me if you wish to correspond as I don't pick up notifications unless you quote a post and i dont' use this site much anymore! Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Heath11

Hi, I received confirmation that my application for registration was received on july 13th 20011. I called a week ago and found that they have not looked at it yet. I have an offer with NSW health and I sent them a copy of my Employment offer. Can anyone tell me if having a job offer will speed up this process? and how long is the average wait for Registration. Thanks, Heath RN.

Guest Hacking family

Hi Linda, not been on here for a while, good luck with the IELTS, it's a complete pain in the behind. I got offered the job subject to references but am still waiting for AHPRA to confirm my eligibility for registration and we now have our house on the market, had a couple of viewings but no sale yet.

Sarah

Hi, I am just about to start my AHPRA registration, luckily I don't need to get a visa. I wanted to ask about the CV you send with your application. A few people have mentioned that their CVs were pages and pages and I wondered just how much detail are AHPRA asking for as I can't find any specific information on their website.

Just wondered something else. I'm an Oncology Nurse, does anyone work at the Peter Mac in Melbourne or any other hospitals in Oncology? What's your opinion?

Hi,

I am seeking advice from nurses who have been through the AHPRA process. I qualified in 1994 (mental health) and am unable to provide all the proof of continuing professional development that AHPRA asks for. Has everyone provided proof of 20 hours a year dating back this far? Or has anyone been granted registraton without? I have plenty for the last 5-6 yrs and have just completed a post grad diploma. Help please. I do not know if I should fudge some learning goals together from almost 20yrs ago or just send in what I have? I don't want my application to go into reverse with the AHPRA (which I am gathering happens a lot!) :goofy:

Guest Shelley Rose

Hi guys..!

I am also going on a 457 visa and have been told by my agent that I do not have to complete the skills assessment when going on this visa although this will have to be done when going for pr. I also fall to bits doing exams lynnes :( so this is quite worrying as eventually I will have to undertake the skills assesment as I am looking to apply for pr when get there. I am set to go in Jan 2012 so am thinking I may look into getting this out the way! decisions decisions??

xxxx

Hi, I am just about to start my AHPRA registration, luckily I don't need to get a visa. I wanted to ask about the CV you send with your application. A few people have mentioned that their CVs were pages and pages and I wondered just how much detail are AHPRA asking for as I can't find any specific information on their website.

Look again on their website. There is a link to the format of the CV.

I have a question on registration......i have applied for and now received a letter from AHPRA to say i have been successful and am now eligible for registration. All i need to do is present myself to AHPRA office with passport and meet ID and criminal history requirements. When i read the details of this on AHPRA site, it says i need to have job offer to complete process? My problem is...i initially intended to be in Oz for good August just gone, but have had to postpone for almost 2 years, so will now be arriving for good 2013. We are going out to validate next Feb, and my letter says i have to go to AHPRA office by march 2012 or will lose right to register and have to restart process all over again and they will destroy all my documentation. Can i still complete registration process without job offer, so i have registration which i can just renew as you would in Uk, then i will have my registration in place for when we move for good 2013. Has anyone completed registration process without job offer? Thanks Tania.

I have a question on registration......i have applied for and now received a letter from AHPRA to say i have been successful and am now eligible for registration. All i need to do is present myself to AHPRA office with passport and meet ID and criminal history requirements. When i read the details of this on AHPRA site, it says i need to have job offer to complete process? My problem is...i initially intended to be in Oz for good August just gone, but have had to postpone for almost 2 years, so will now be arriving for good 2013. We are going out to validate next Feb, and my letter says i have to go to AHPRA office by march 2012 or will lose right to register and have to restart process all over again and they will destroy all my documentation. Can i still complete registration process without job offer, so i have registration which i can just renew as you would in Uk, then i will have my registration in place for when we move for good 2013. Has anyone completed registration process without job offer? Thanks Tania.

Hi

Think you have to give an address. Or if you are in temp. accomodation they will accept your employers details. You may have to accept to lose the window (and your $450) and go through the process all over again when your ready. Sorry.

Well after several phone calls over the last two weeks and finally being able to speak to someone direct within the registration department I have finally been told my application has now been fully assessed and it is waiting to be looked at by a senior for approval! This apparently should be done within the next week (yeah right!) and then if that's ok I will receive an email confirming approval of registration!

:biggrin:

I'm trying hard not to get too excited about it just in case the senior asks for more documentation from me (I will be so disappointed) as this will end up being a huge step backwards again. It's taken 4 months to get this far and I really need something positive to come out of this!

So fingers crossed that my next post says I have my registration!!

:wink:

You can sort your registration easily by signing up with a Nursing Agency coz that would count as an employer. Even if you don't actually do any work for them for a while your still technically employed by them and you never know what doors this may open to you for the future.

Hi

Think you have to give an address. Or if you are in temp. accomodation they will accept your employers details. You may have to accept to lose the window (and your $450) and go through the process all over again when your ready. Sorry.