NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

well I've had a day to reflect and I'm going to look at this in a positive way! At least it means they are actively working on my application (they have only had it a month so not bad considering what some people have waited) and I actually have a registration number to quote now! I have spent the day working on the stuff they aren't happy with, I have asked my secondary school to please re write a letter specifying exactly what they want and have managed to find a notary who will certify my stuff for only £90!

Good luck with your application,

We will all get there in the end, and it will be worth all the blood, sweat, tears and hair loss! :smile:

Hi, anyone able to help me here?!?

I was "delighted" to pay the University £120 for my transcript, but they're saying that they normally send it straight on the the Australian health board, I was under the impression that I'd just submit it with the rest of my documents. Anyone able to shed any light on this?? Many thanks, Chris :)

Well I have just had an email back too saying they are not happy with who I used as a certifier and that I need to get it all photocopied and certified again!! I used a Barrister of a High Court who has done this sort of thing plenty of times, surely he is suitable?!

They also stated that I have supplied insufficient evidence of being taught and assessed in English, I sent them letters from my head teacher of my secondary school and my college stating that all subjects were taught in English and I gave them a copy of my college certificate and uni certificate to prove I passed them. I don't understand what else they want??

I think they were also saying I haven't provided enough proof of identity. I sent them a copy of passport and birth certificate and change of name deed as it says overseas applicants can provide this as a minimum but will need to provide the rest on arrival? Did anyone else just provide this?

I'm so disheartened it took me about two months to get all that paperwork together and to get it all signed (not to mention the cost!) I really don't understand where I have gone so wrong! :(

I also sent letters from secondary ed to confirm that I was taught in english. Sounds like they want IELTS test results.??

Have you done the IELTS test? they (apparently) keep changing the goalposts on this one. Check, if so find your nearest test centre by using Google. Don't be disheartened, remember they are under no obligations and we have to keep jumping through the hoops.

Our motto was if it didn't need doing....we did it anyway!!! By any means...

Also, it HAS to be a Justice of the Peace, contact local court house or search Google for Public Notary. Again, jump the hoops and follow all requests word for word.

I was "delighted" to pay the University £120 for my transcript, but they're saying that they normally send it straight on the the Australian health board, I was under the impression that I'd just submit it with the rest of my documents. Anyone able to shed any light on this?? Many thanks, Chris :)

Just contact them and ask them to send it to your home address? My uni had no need to send it on? It was my course and merely a copy of my certificate and transcipts. can't shed light, other than request it be sent to you. State that you need it 'certified' first and this has to be done before it is submitted?

I have asked my secondary school to please re write a letter specifying exactly what they want :smile:

Yep.....looks like the IELTS for proof of English (see below). I had to, they would accept no substitute, just remembered my secondary ed letter was meaningless to them and I submitted in person all my documents at the Adelaide AHPRA office. E-mail them to be sure...........

http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registration-Process/Registration-Requirements.aspx

I don't need to do the EILTS, they basically said I needed written proof that my secondary education was taught and assessed in English and that I graduated (which is exactly what I have asked the school to write). They said if I could not provide this I had to write a statutory declaration in front of a notary stating that I was taught and assessed in English. I'm going to attempt the correct letter and if they still refuse that then I will have to do the declaration (costs about £120). Fingers crossed!!

The uni is right, part of the application form states that you have to have the transcript sent direct to the AHPRA office you will be sending your application to. Just put a little note in your application to say that is what is happening. My university are currently drawing up mine and are sending it straight to the office. It has taken my uni over a month so far to do it though, funnily enough they took the money within the first week!!

The uni is right, part of the application form states that you have to have the transcript sent direct to the AHPRA office you will be sending your application to. Just put a little note in your application to say that is what is happening. My university are currently drawing up mine and are sending it straight to the office. It has taken my uni over a month so far to do it though, funnily enough they took the money within the first week!!

So would I be able to get the uni to send it, even though I haven't sent any other application parts off just yet? This whole thing is baffling!!

Guest The Mellor clan

Could somebody please help me!

I have been trying to gain my nursing registration since February 2011 when AHPRA received my application (and took my application fee I might add).

I have constantly queried the fact "do I need to sit an IELTs test?, as I have been taught and assessed in English all of my life". the answer has always been "yes" until I recived a letter in April stating "although you have provided the correct evidence to demonstrate you have been taught and aseessed in English you have also provided an unsuccessful IELTs result."

Again, I queried this, due to the way the leeter was written did I need to sit the IELTs test in the first place. Finally, in May I received an email apologising stating I should nebver have sat the IELTs and as long as I provide certified evidence of my education (which I have done) my application will be complete.

Now, they have emailed me again stating I need to sit an IELTs!

Please, please could somebody clarify this for me. i have complained to AHPRA and got nowhere (they won't let me speak to a team leader or supoervisior) and I have no way of getting past the customer services. Does anyone no of any loop holes or people I can speak to or help me.

All help; information and advice is gratefully received:arghh:

Guest nadiamurray

Hi there , i applied to AHPRA in May and just got confirmation that I am eligible to register as a nurse in Australia !! I did not sit an IELTS as provided letters from school, uni and also done a statutory declaration which cost £35 (this also included some documents being certified). I had to get uni to resend transcripts as they were not detailed enough and also the afore mentioned statutory dec. I applied to the Perth office who have been very helpfull. I also got most of my documents certified at my local court which cost nothing. There is light at the end of the tunnel xx

Guest robnnic
So would I be able to get the uni to send it, even though I haven't sent any other application parts off just yet? This whole thing is baffling!!

Yeah, don't quite know how they work it their side, but i had to get NMC and UNI to send things to the ANMAC before i had put my applcation in and now it has all come together.

Don't know if your uni will be open during the holidays though for you to request your transcript?????

Don't worry, everything will get married up in the end. I had Uni transcripts and the NMC stuff heading there seperate from my actual application, so I think it's just common practice.

Donna x

Oh just another quick point that Nadia also stated, contact your local court and ask about the Notary to the Public there. I had two standard declarations, and honestly about 15-20 pieces of paperwork signed all for free!! So, I'd make a few phonecalls around the place to try and save some money,

Donna x

Guest tandcmum
Thats rotten, didn't realise that it wasn't free for everyone. Maybe its a Scotland/ England difference, who knows. Sorry to anyone re my earlier info,

Donna x

The JP service is free in Scotland only, lucky for us that live here, not so lucky for those that don't who are having to pay extortionate costs to get stuff certified

Hi all,

Had anyone sent additional documents to office address instead of Postal address. I would like to post additinal documents to AHPRA and UPS cannot accept the package if it's for Post box. However UPS are the quickest to send the documents within 3-4 working days. As we are going on holidays just wanted to confirm the receipt from AHPRA.

Please can someone confirm if posted docuements to office address instead of Postal address.

Western Australia

Postal Address

AHPRA

G.P.O. Box 9958

Perth WA 6001

Office Location

Level 1, 541 Hay Street

Subiaco WA 6008

Regards,

Mansawant

With reference to the statement of service we must provide, I've worked for several hospitals of the last 5 years. Does anyone know if they want a statement of entry from each hospital or just my current employers?

This forum is AMAZINGLY helpful. I think I would be on the verge of meltdown if you weren't here!!

Many thanks, Chris

Guest nadiamurray
Hi all,

Had anyone sent additional documents to office address instead of Postal address. I would like to post additinal documents to AHPRA and UPS cannot accept the package if it's for Post box. However UPS are the quickest to send the documents within 3-4 working days. As we are going on holidays just wanted to confirm the receipt from AHPRA.

Please can someone confirm if posted docuements to office address instead of Postal address.

Western Australia

Postal Address

AHPRA

G.P.O. Box 9958

Perth WA 6001

Office Location

Level 1, 541 Hay Street

Subiaco WA 6008

Regards,

Mansawant

Hey there , we used DHL express and it took from fri to mon the first time sending to the AHPRA Po box , we have just sent visa application with them today so will see how long it takes this time. You can trace your documents all the way, which became slightly obssesive!! Can you not email AHPPRA and ask them about the office address? Nadia x

Hello all

Have read a few of the threads on this post, was wondering whether some one can help me.......I am about to apply for my AHPRA registration and was unclear as to whether you need to be registered in the UK before you can apply?? I was qualified in Notts and let my registration lapse in June 2010!! Am currently living in South Africa but want to go to Adelaide with my family to work, am an australian by birth so no need for VISAS but have read the guidelines on the internationally qualified nurses .....seems a little unclear, mentions "

The Board requires a Certificate of Registration Status or Certificate of Good Standing from every jurisdiction outside Australia in which you are currently, or have previously been registered as a health practitioner during the last 5 years. "

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP??

Hello all

Have read a few of the threads on this post, was wondering whether some one can help me.......I am about to apply for my AHPRA registration and was unclear as to whether you need to be registered in the UK before you can apply?? I was qualified in Notts and let my registration lapse in June 2010!! Am currently living in South Africa but want to go to Adelaide with my family to work, am an australian by birth so no need for VISAS but have read the guidelines on the internationally qualified nurses .....seems a little unclear, mentions "

Hi my wife also submitted application to AHPRA and being an Indian and UK registered nurse within last 5 years they have asked verification from noth Nursing councils NMC as well as Indian Nursing council though her Indian Nursing registration lapsed in March 2007.

Hope this helps.

Mansawant.....

Guest The Mellor clan
Hello all

Hi Leet,

If you are currently registered in South Africa then you will need to arrange for thier nursing board to send a certificate of good standing directly to AHPRA. This is to prove that you are still practising and have no complaints or convictions against you. It probably won't be worth asking the NMC as the certificate has to be from the last twelve months of practice.

Hope this helps and good luck (you may need it)

Guest The Mellor clan
With reference to the statement of service we must provide, I've worked for several hospitals of the last 5 years. Does anyone know if they want a statement of entry from each hospital or just my current employers?

This forum is AMAZINGLY helpful. I think I would be on the verge of meltdown if you weren't here!!

Many thanks, Chris

Hi Chris,

they will want a statement from each. I just contacted Human Resources from each of my previous employers. The statement is very brief, stating what my positon was and the dates that I worked for them.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I am not working in South Africa, and have never been registered with the South African nursing board, the last place I worked was in the UK in 2007 although kept my nursing registration up in the UK until June 2010 when it lapsed...what happens in my circumstances?

Many thanks, Chris

read the guidelines on the Agos-04 form....it states something about each employer needing to give references. Don't quote me on it, but check as that rings bells