NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hi paednurseclaire, that's rubbish about your references! I waited what seemed like ages to get mine written, not sure I could cope with having to get them rewritten! Think out assessments must be in the same pile! This has to be he most stressful bit!!!!!!

Hi Titan11,

How did things go with the shadow Health Minister?

Hi Bigmac

The details where sent and I received an acknowledgement, but nothing has come through yet. I was expecting something to come through last night. I plan to call tonight again?

Seven Jones MP emailed via twitter and he is now looking into it, so I will call him in the morning to findout if he has made any progress.

Hi Titan. They have sent an 8 page document asking me to send proof of 3 further criteria on my diploma and approx 6 other various criteria on my nursing degree to prove it is equivalent to an Aus degree. (when anmac have already approved it). They have had all the transcripts etc already plus extra documentation on pharmacology etc. I think I will have to phone someone and get Anmac to send my file aswell even though I resent everything!! #stressed:mad:

Hi Titan. They have sent an 8 page document asking me to send proof of 3 further criteria on my diploma and approx 6 other various criteria on my nursing degree to prove it is equivalent to an Aus degree. (when anmac have already approved it). They have had all the transcripts etc already plus extra documentation on pharmacology etc. I think I will have to phone someone and get Anmac to send my file aswell even though I resent everything!! #stressed:mad:

Oh dear! I really don't like the sound of this, bet it'll be heading my way next!

When will it end?

There doesn't seem to be any end to this, beginning to wonder if AHPRA themselves actually know what they're looking for in our qualifications :ssign1:

I think they have lost some of my stuff -probably between Melbourne and Sydney. They have already had what they are re requesting. Why not just tell all International applicants to post direct to NSW. Things are bound to go missing in transit! Grrrr!!

I think they have lost some of my stuff -probably between Melbourne and Sydney. They have already had what they are re requesting. Why not just tell all International applicants to post direct to NSW. Things are bound to go missing in transit! Grrrr!!

I think they'll wish that fact hadn't been highlighted on twitter, as most will now send it there! [emoji15]

The thing that puzzles me is the fact anmac keep approving people whilst the folk at ahpra seem to be making a hash of things. They are also very sharp at taking the $$$$$$ from your bank account. If they do start refusing applications australia will be awash with IQNM with permanent residency, what a foookin joke.

Guest kandenna

I am currently under review with the AHPRA to be endorsed as a NP to work in Australia. Does anyone know if I have to apply with the ANMAC as well? If so, is the process as exhausting as the AHPRA?

Ok guys...here is the latest info. I called Ahpra in Sydney at 3am uk time as I couldn't sleep and spoke to a sensible guy who looked into the additional requests. It seems that if like me, you topped up your diploma with modules and a research dissertation this is lost in translation and appears to confuse them. If you have Diploma alone or Degree alone it seems more straightforward. :banghead: I have been advised to write a cover letter explaining this but still need to supply transcripts - again (?) and accreditation verification from NMC. Also the Uni have to fill out some additional templates verifying study course, dates etc!! More duplication. Anyway I do feel better having spoke to someone but I still have no idea if this will suffice. Also - I have been in contact with Anmac and they say they have discussed IQMN with Ahpra and NSW is only dealing with the qualification aspect of the application process. More conflicting information! So I am also going to send my LOD to Ahpra so they can see Anmac have approved it and hopefully they will start singing from the same hymn sheet! If you are correct Ceridwyn then things should improve in the future. So guys....keeping positive - we'll get there eventually!! :confused:

Guest NuriootpaSA

Assuming tht everybody (eventually) gets their registration sorted, what jobs, and where, are you hoping to nail?

Brick wall banging head! Rang ahpra this am told to put my query in via email!

rang Nmc for help with criteria 8 was told they couldn't help so go back to uni( Nmc who set the education standards as I quoted to her)

nearly afraid to ring school and am ready to throw in towel and stay put!!! I know I did medicine just not a specific module in it. And update it every 3 yrs!!! Frustrated is not the word. Soz for rant but am close to tears over this last piece of info.

Update;spoke to uni very helpful lady she now on the case for info:) as has dealt with new criteria recently.

Edited by oz2014
Added info