NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

The nmc have not helped me at all regarding criteria 2,3 and 8.

uni are currently in the process of completing the forms sent to me by AHPRA regarding accredition so that should cover critera 2and 3.

i had my clinical educator print a statement on headed paper regarding the work and exams I've completed about medication preperation and delivery she wrote a little about the pharmacodynamics and kinetics needed to understand the whole medication process. I phoned AHPRA who said this would cover criteria 8. So it's just a waiting game again and hopefully after a long 8 month process to get registered I will get my LOE. Fingers crossed

The more you get together now the better I'd imagine, it's obviously better to have too much stuff than too little.

My fiancee's Uni seem to think they have sufficient evidence for criteria 2 and 3 (and have asked £25 for the privilege) , the NMC seem to know what to do about criteria 8 however only time will tell.

Just gotta keep an eye on the posts here now and again, it's been very useful!

however beware , sometimes its stated it has to come direct from uni and nmc not from yourselves

Has anybody got any updates on this whole new Aphra process? I was hoping to have ANMAC send on my documents to Aphra when the skills assessment is complete, as I was informed by my agent this was the best thing to do.(I used the agents solicitor to verify docs, but aphra website states public notarys must verify, therefore maybe not acceptable) I'm now not sure if this will still be accepted?? Is it better to restart the process with documentation from scratch? Decisions, decisions grrrr

Ahpra is more particular when it comes to who can certify documents...but I would carry on wth anmac forwarding all info to ahpra and wait to see if they ask for anything extra...they will let u know if anything isn't there or done right and you get 4 weeks or something to provide what they ask for....most local courts will certify documents for free or small fee

Hi, currently going through registration process for QLD. Application accepted in September 2013. Currently had one extension up to February 2014. The framework for assessing international nurses has changed from 10th February 2014 and it looks like I will be assessed on the new framework which is now 8 different criterion instead of the 5 when I applied. I have been asked to send more evidence on 2,3 and 8 (new framework can be found at Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia website). I now have to prove evidence of satisfactory completion and assessment of study of medication management, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. Evidence of successful completion of a pharmacology subject as part of my studies is insufficient. Hope this helps and let me know how you get on.

Kerry

Thanks for reply. Did you just send the application form and fee then, with a note saying Anmac were forwarding docs??

I have applied direct to Ahpra as I figured getting registration first before sorting visa would be better. They insist all documents are certified by a notary public if you are outside Australia which is slightly different than a solicitor. There was only one notary public in my town and it cost me £160 to certify all my documents. My plan is to get registration from Ahpra, apply for job in Oz get sponsored for a 457 visa by a private hospital then go through Visa process. Looks like some have got visa first but now can't get registration from Ahpra. My sister emigrated 5 years ago and it was so easy. She now has citizenship and lives in Brisbane. So far this has been so frustrating and has cost near enough £1000 for all the information needed for registration and assessment.

Hi Kerry I Pm'd you earlier. Yes its all very costly and there are more and more hoops to jump through now! I didn't apply to Aphra first because I am going for 189 visa and aphra only give you 12 mths to arrive in Aus ( not sure how long until we get visa grant).

:confused:

Hi , not sure if everyone is already aware but after reading a post on Poms in Perth "changes to ahpra registration finalisation" where the nurse was able to validate her registration with some certified ID which included a certified copy of a visitor visa which was posted to ahpra instead of having to appear in person. After I read this I emailed ahpra and enquired in regards to these new changes and they confirmed that this was now the case. Although I need to reapply anyway as was unable to validate mine under the old rules but hopefully this may help other nurses who are struggling to get visas ect before the registration expires.

Guest melcousins
Hi everyone,

Is it easy enough to get your skills assessed? Who did you get to certify documents? I am also a nurse going to move to Perth just unsure where to start with it all and what visa to go for. I looked at getting a agent, but unsure if its a good idea. Has anyone heard of a agent called Mike Breen at Destination Oz Limited?

Vicky

I started to use an agent who ripped me off, so I went alone. If you use an agent make sure they are regsitered with MARA. I went on to DIBP website and looked carefully at skillsselect, then on the ANMAC website they explain it all. I used a leagl exec at my solicitors to certify docs, about £1 per page I think. Good luck

Thanks for reply. Did you just send the application form and fee then, with a note saying Anmac were forwarding docs??

I applied to ahpra first then I only had to do modified skills assessment. Go to your local court and ask them to certify your documents before you pay out any money to get them done

The nmc have not helped me at all regarding criteria 2,3 and 8.

uni are currently in the process of completing the forms sent to me by AHPRA regarding accredition so that should cover critera 2and 3.

i had my clinical educator print a statement on headed paper regarding the work and exams I've completed about medication preperation and delivery she wrote a little about the pharmacodynamics and kinetics needed to understand the whole medication process. I phoned AHPRA who said this would cover criteria 8. So it's just a waiting game again and hopefully after a long 8 month process to get registered I will get my LOE. Fingers crossed

I'm having the same stress... after emailing uni for the information, they said they could help with criteria 2 and 3, however the information for criteria 8 should be in my possession (transcript and portfolio). I've tried the NMC, who have told me that this info needs to come from uni as I completed my training in 2010, and they dont hold the transcript from this period. I think I'll end up holding a sit-in protest at uni until everything's signed and sent off!!!

Mine took about 2 weeks but you can also print one off when u log onto your ahpra account

Hi

just a quick question guys, does anyone know how long it takes to receive a certificate of registration from Ahpra because I am waiting to send it to Anmac for proof of registration? Please. Thanks in advance.

Guys it's me again, more questions about this professional reference!! I've taken advice and I'm writing it myself and will get my old boss to sign it ASAP!! Just wondering about the dates of employment, I know the month and the year but I can't remember the exact date I started and finished! Will the month be acceptable? It was 10 years ago, my memory isn't that good and my hr dept are ignoring me!!!

also, this reference is covering a job I had for about 14 months 10 years ago, what I've written so far all seems too brief! It's only really to cover my years of experience as I had 2 years maternity leave over the last 10 so need this to give me 8 years for the extra points!!

God, why is this all so tricky!!

thank you for any wise words, I appreciate it massively!! Xx

Bouncy - make sure it lists main duties and whether they were supervised/unsupervised. It's a bit like a condensed job description just bullet pointed. Mine earlier years ones weren't massively detailed and they were accepted. I think it's more around confirmation That you were employed as a nurse

Ok done some more digging. I need to apply to ANMAC before going to the magistrates as there is a cover letter I need. Ielts done and NMC pin sent off already. I have my Uni certificates and transcripts but what is the syllabus? Isn't that the same as the transcript?

argh!

Hi am new to here today am a 25 year old registered nurse with a bachelor degree and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction on where I can get all the information I require to start the process of a skilled independent visa the Perth I have family in Perth and this is where I want to go. I would much rather do this without paying an agency so any help would be gratefully received