NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hi,

Just starting to fill out AHPRA form. Question 9 - must provide at least one document from each category regarding proof of identity. I don't have what they require for each category.

Am I ok just sending certified copy of passport, and visa grant letter for this?

I have lost my GCSE's in recent moves, I have NVQ's that I will send along with a letter from the school that I am getting certified from a solicitor. I do not want them to throw it away. I have been speaking to the WA office and didnt realise you could send it to any branch. I have also sat an IELTS but didnt get a 7.0 in reading GGGGRR. Not sure whether that would be worth while copying and sending. I might have to contact my school to see where I can get replacement certificates then.

Regarding the employer what should this letter say? I am so worried about asking them.

Thank you so much for your advice, I wouldnt know what to do without you all.

Hi michelle

someone some months ago sent in ielts that did not quite meet the mark and they had major hassle getting registered dispite having being educated in English and having a letter from school. Ahpra's argument was that they failed the ielts standard. Don't fall into that trap!

Hi,

Just starting to fill out AHPRA form. Question 9 - must provide at least one document from each category regarding proof of identity. I don't have what they require for each category.

Am I ok just sending certified copy of passport, and visa grant letter for this?

Hi, Yes, they just want your passport copy at this stage as an overseas applicant. When you arrive in Oz you need to take other things in to finalise your registration.

Good luck.

Thats amazing u got onto grad programme! I fin jan 2013 and would love a place on the WA graduate programme. How did u apply? Thanks

Hi..just Google "Graduate Nursing in WA" and you will get on to the home page which tells you everything you need to know. Applications are closed now for 2013 but you can always e mail them and find out when you can apply next....Good luck!

I have lost my GCSE's in recent moves, I have NVQ's that I will send along with a letter from the school that I am getting certified from a solicitor. I do not want them to throw it away. I have been speaking to the WA office and didnt realise you could send it to any branch. I have also sat an IELTS but didnt get a 7.0 in reading GGGGRR. Not sure whether that would be worth while copying and sending. I might have to contact my school to see where I can get replacement certificates then.

Regarding the employer what should this letter say? I am so worried about asking them.

Thank you so much for your advice, I wouldnt know what to do without you all.

As long as you can prove you were taught and assessed in English i don't think it will make any difference if it GCSE or NVQ certificates. As for the letter from your employer (statement of service) i have a template the agency sent me, i can email this to you if you give me your address. You need 1 of these from every employer for 5 years (only post qualifying nursing positions though). I have been lucky as i have only had 1 employer since qualifying.

I hope you application is coming together. I'm waiting to hear mine has been recieved. Strangely nervous actually. Want my eligability so I can apply for jobs :)

Take care

Thank you so much for that. My senior school is sending me a letter in the post. I have contacted my university and awaiting for their response. I will contact NMC as well.

I need a letter from my current employer? What should my employer say? I am embarrassed to ask them for a reference and not sure sure what the letter should entail.

Many thanks

I have a few more days in my job until I am off to sydney to take up my new job so if you want to pm me I will give you my work email and send you the stuff i used for ahpra, my cv and the supporting letter etc if thats any help! marion

Hi,

Just need some advice re Question 26 (Taught and Assessed in English) for AHPRA application.

Even though I went to school in the UK, can I just use my IELTS results for this question and save me the hassle of filling question 26 out and having to get a letter from my school confirming that I was taught and assessed in English?

I'm sending my GCSE and A Level certificates in any case as part of evidence of qualifications.

Hi,

Just need some advice re Question 26 (Taught and Assessed in English) for AHPRA application.

Even though I went to school in the UK, can I just use my IELTS results for this question and save me the hassle of filling question 26 out and having to get a letter from my school confirming that I was taught and assessed in English?

I'm sending my GCSE and A Level certificates in any case as part of evidence of qualifications.

yes thats exactly what i did and when i sent application to adelaide they sent me a stat declaration to complete to say i went to school in uk..unless your certificates have the address of the school etc on them they wont include them i was led to believe..

yes thats exactly what i did and when i sent application to adelaide they sent me a stat declaration to complete to say i went to school in uk..unless your certificates have the address of the school etc on them they wont include them i was led to believe..

Thanks! So just to clarify Im ok to request IELTS to be sent and include my GCSEs and A Levels in with application.

Does any one have a copy of their CV which they provided to AHPRA which they wouldn't mind sending to me?

I'm struggling with this whole process!

If you send you email address I will send the template I was given. Made it much easier for me to just follow that.

I have a few more days in my job until I am off to sydney to take up my new job so if you want to pm me I will give you my work email and send you the stuff i used for ahpra, my cv and the supporting letter etc if thats any help! marion

You must be so excited. Hope i'll be in your place in a few months time. Good luck with the move :) x

thank you its quite a roller coaster! have 17 days left.. and 4 days in the old job :D

It will be amazing but emotional i'm sure. I thought I would feel relieved when my application was sent off but actually feel nervous. I guess because all I can do it wait. Thanks for your help on here. I hope I can find a job now. Enjoy the new job and the new life and don't rub the weather in too much :) x

ha ha I will be in touch still and if you need any help with job etc let me know! You will find a job for sure :D x

Thank you. I'm not even looking now until I have my registration because I was just frustrating myself before lol. Make sure you let us know how it all goes, and i'm sure i'll be asking for job application and interview advice from you :)

• 2 weeks later...