NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Also to add, should i send all my GCSE/Alevel certificates even if I have the results stated on transcripts?? I only ask as I have been quoted £210 to get it all notarised. This is a set fee so it wouldnt matter how many documents I have & the notary states she has worked with many AHPRA applicants so she knows what is required & I can go back as many times as needed. Otherwise If i dont need as many documents certifying it would prob be cheaper to go somewhere else??? Does anyone have any advice as to what the usual price to pay is??

Thanks Louise xx

Louise where do you live? In Scotland and N Ireland Justices of the Peace provide the service free of charge and are acceptable to APHRA.

There is a notary for Nurses in London who does this for approximately £60 if I remember correctly.

Do price around as although you can go back it seems expensive to me, but if you are happy to pay it then it doesn't matter what I think :biggrin:

You can send your application to any office. Some take less time than others. When are you going to Perth?

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Sorry for asking this again, the IELTS test is only for the visa? You don't need it for registration do you? Sorry for asking also, what other documents do you need? I am sure it will say this on the previous 81 pages. Cheers.

Sorry for asking this again, the IELTS test is only for the visa? You don't need it for registration do you? Sorry for asking also, what other documents do you need? I am sure it will say this on the previous 81 pages. Cheers.

IELTS is needed for the ANMAC skills assessment + or - Visa (GSM). NOT for APHRA, if you meet the english language requirements (educated 5 years in UK/Republic of Ireland etc).

What visa will you be going Hoff to Oz with? :biggrin:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
IELTS is needed for the ANMAC skills assessment + or - Visa (GSM). NOT for APHRA, if you meet the english language requirements (educated 5 years in UK/Republic of Ireland etc).

What visa will you be going Hoff to Oz with? :biggrin:

175 permanent residency visa, what other documents will she need to register, cheers.

175 permanent residency visa, what other documents will she need to register, cheers.

• NMC statement of good standing or similar wording, costs £34 and is sent directly to APHRA.

• Verification of her qualifications, either from her old school of nursing or Uni, or both. Depends on her qualifications. Usually sent direct from Uni. NMC had to verify my RSCN and RGN qualifications and they did this by sending the EU directive to APHRA.

• Statement of Service, written by her boss (immediate boss and should be a nurse) stating what she has worked for the last 5 years (full-time/part-time) and her position/positions and what they entailed. This should be signed by her boss and include the bosses qualifications too.

• CV written, not in the usual Australian style, but in a specific APHRA format which is on their website, and signed as true on the date signed.

• photographic ID including a passport with the visa to Oz, other id as stated on APHRA application form (bank statement/car insurance docs etc)

• Copies of the O and A level certs/letter from secondary school saying attending school and taught in english or a Statutory declaration stating you were........... all instead of IELTS

• CPD certificates to back up any mandatory training or professional development. I sent just over one years CPD as an illustration. Send as many as you like, but I wasn't sending 25 years evidence to them.

All of the documentation needs to be certified by a Justice of the Peace or Notary EXACTLY as APHRA asks.

I have sighted the original document and certify this to be a true copy of the

original

Name:_________________________

Position:________________________

Date of certification:_______________

Contact phone number:____________

Signature of Applicant witnessed, photograph certified as a true likeness and every page annotated and the statement on the last page of each document.

I can see this all in my sleep every night........it haunts me. :twitcy:

Guest LouiseM
Louise where do you live? In Scotland and N Ireland Justices of the Peace provide the service free of charge and are acceptable to APHRA.

There is a notary for Nurses in London who does this for approximately £60 if I remember correctly.

Do price around as although you can go back it seems expensive to me, but if you are happy to pay it then it doesn't matter what I think :biggrin:

You can send your application to any office. Some take less time than others. When are you going to Perth?

Thanks again for the response, you have been very helpful since i joined here. Im looking to work in Perth from beginning of March. Im travelling to Asia first (begginning of Jan) for a Month and then travelling the Eastcoast of Oz for a few weeks & then hope to start work in Perth as im sure I will need money by then after all the travelling!!:biggrin:. Where abouts are you planning to work or working?

I live in Leeds. I think I need to shop around more for the Notary public as would like to save the money really. I had spoken to a couple more who had similar prices. I think im going to try the local magistrate court tommorow.

Louise xx

Thanks again for the response, you have been very helpful since i joined here. Im looking to work in Perth from beginning of March. Im travelling to Asia first (begginning of Jan) for a Month and then travelling the Eastcoast of Oz for a few weeks & then hope to start work in Perth as im sure I will need money by then after all the travelling!!:biggrin:. Where abouts are you planning to work or working?

I live in Leeds. I think I need to shop around more for the Notary public as would like to save the money really. I had spoken to a couple more who had similar prices. I think im going to try the local magistrate court tommorow.

Louise xx

Good Luck! I love the sounds of your plans! I have to wait on APHRA and then go job /sponsorship hunting. Hope to know more soon. :biggrin: 2 weeks and counting now since APHRA in Darwin took the money.............

Guest LouiseM

Thanks, good luck to you!! Such a long process but will be worth it in the end. Ive been quoted a cheaper price today by a notary public so im going to keep shopping around xx

Guest briansp

Sure I know the answer, and it will end in tears at home, but does anyone know if it is possible to have a "non-medical prescriber" qualification recognised in Australia? My better half (RMN) just sweated blood doing this at Masters level and I have a suspicion it will be a wasted effort......

views very welcome.

thanks

Well I got my email today with the letter for nurse registration, and when I arrive to go to APHRA Office to prove identity. Relieved, but still got to find work, maybe I will sleep now been a real stressful time. Feel for all those still waiting, hang in there!!!! Don't know if I can go to the Brisbane Office instead of where I sent my application, hopefully xx

Hie Everyone

l would like to apply for state sponsorship however l heard that l should be qualified for at least 12 months and above is that so. l qualified in september last year. Again when applying to the ANMAC do l have to let them know l have AHPRA eligibility. How long does it take for the visa to be granted.

Magasela

hi i am new to the forum and was wanting a bit of advice. i am currently doing a degree for adult nursing in the uk and we are thinking of moving to australia. once qualified how difficult is it to move and get a job. can i do this immediately or will i need to work in the uk for nhs as they are paying for my course.

thanks everyone

Well I got my email today with the letter for nurse registration, and when I arrive to go to APHRA Office to prove identity. Relieved, but still got to find work, maybe I will sleep now been a real stressful time. Feel for all those still waiting, hang in there!!!! Don't know if I can go to the Brisbane Office instead of where I sent my application, hopefully xx

I'm pretty sure that you can go in to a different AHPRA office to prove identity as they can bring up your record on computer/ contact the original AHPRA office that dealt with your registration.

Guest Happyme

Ok, where do I start? Do I need to find a sponsor before starting the process or do I need to get my qualifications sorted with AHPRA first, I would like to work as a Nurse for 1-2 years

Ok, where do I start? Do I need to find a sponsor before starting the process or do I need to get my qualifications sorted with AHPRA first, I would like to work as a Nurse for 1-2 years

You may find it easier getting a sponsor if you already have your registration with AHPRA. It also depends how soon you wish to make the move to oz. It can take a good couple of months getting all the info together for your application then you could be waiting a good few months after you apply for your registration.

Guest Happyme

No havent started AHPRA application yet. Im looking at going out in the nxt 12 months hopefully. How long does the AHpra application take to be authorised and all legit ?? Is it not worth me looking for jobs till this is sorted ??

AHPRA can take anything from 16 days!! To 6 months. It depends where you send your application and if any more information is required by them to support your application. You could start looking for jobs but you would probably have more luck once you have your registration and you can tell them when you would be able to start work.

I received this reply this morning

Am I being too optimistic to hope that shortly means soon? :embarrassed:

I received a very similar message on the 3rd of may after I enquired how my application was progressing. Not heard anything since. I did send mine to Brisbane though.

Hiya, just wondered what you guys thoughts were on going to the ombudsman about my application.

My application was sent to Victoia in October 2010 and didn't get assessed until over 4 months later (not the 3 they stated).

Many weeks went by between communications and finally thought I'd got everthing mailed that they wanted. Because some of my training certificates were in my former marrried name the decree absolute was insufficient proof to connect the 2 names. That I could understand and promptly obtained a copy of my marriage certificate.

Then in July, the day before I was about to travel abroad for 3 months my case officer emailed me that she needed identity proof of my former surname and that I had no 'aged care experience' on my transcript. I emailed back to say that I was no longer known by this name, reminded her that I had sent a copy of my marriage certificate and told her that I had an obscelete passport with my former name and that my transcript had 'geriatric' experience documentd. Lo and behold I got an out of office reply to say that she was on holiday for 2 months.

I repeatedly emailed the contact address for her colleague frantic that I couldn't get the old passport copy to her whilst I was away and that they would tear up my application. I had no reply. The day my case worker came back she emailed me my eligibility to register!

That was September: fast forward to today and I went on the 10th to the Sydney office with EVERYTHING on their list to pick up my registration (was told my old passport wasn't necessary). They told me I would have an email within 3-4 working days from Melbourne. I decided to be proactive and phone the Victoria office to chase it up and lucky I did as they would have sat on it. I was then told I needed to provide a letter of employment offer which was not on their list of paperwork to bring on arrival in Oz. A forwarded email wasn't sufficient nor was the fact that my hospital's name was on the visa approval. So I made the 2 hour round trip back to Sydney and I can't start work on Monday if I don't have this registration.

Apologies for the long email and ranting but it's so fustrating andI'm sure my case isn't unusual. If I have to delay starting work it's more living expenditure for me whilst I wait.

Thanks for reading! Cath:mad:

Edited by yorkcath

Guest melanie79

jesus cath!

your story is terrible. im not one for to usually complain formally about things but if i was in your boat i would. its pretty disgraceful. i dont know who you would complain to, but the more departments the better including sydney & melbourne in writing. stating you want a written response & def go to obudsman.