Anyone been granted WA State sponsorship in 2009 yet?

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been told by my agent that even if they take your skills of the ss list then because you have already lodged the application will be honoured.

Mind you the way the rules get changed I don't feel comfortable beleiving anything at the moment.

I really hope if the rules do change that they do honour it as I know from having the 175 application in from last May they changed the rules in March and never honoured

the trades that already had been lodged and we had case officer and everything and

were just waiting to be signed off when the announcment was made.:arghh:

I just wish that WA had a system where we could go online ourselves and look

and at least we would know what is happening then.

Guest Sebbers
I really hope if the rules do change that they do honour it as I know from having the 175 application in from last May they changed the rules in March and never honoured

the trades that already had been lodged and we had case officer and everything and

I agree it would make things alot easier if you could track your progress along the way, I think even more so given that from reading previous posts when calling WA people are being told still processing January's apps and that they are being completed in date order, when clearly that's not the case given that some March applications have already been approved.

Guest yorkshirepud

I dont think it really does any good to ring, its just that we need to feel we are doing something. There doesnt seem to be many on here who applied February, January there was a massive surge cos of the changes, so lets hope we Marchies wont be waitin much longer. Talk of the rules being changed again makes me feel sick. Everytime we come within reach of getting somewhere the goal posts are moved. I am really stressed as it is, dont think I could bare any more changes.

I dont think it really does any good to ring, its just that we need to feel we are doing something. There doesnt seem to be many on here who applied February, January there was a massive surge cos of the changes, so lets hope we Marchies wont be waitin much longer. Talk of the rules being changed again makes me feel sick. Everytime we come within reach of getting somewhere the goal posts are moved. I am really stressed as it is, dont think I could bare any more changes.

Hang in there, we felt exactly the same. We applied for 175 in November then waited to see csl and where chuffed we where on it and thought we would have visa soon. Then we got knocked back when they werent processing 175, then we got knocked back agin when we where taken off the csl. We thought we where never gonna get there.

Last time we phoned WA which was last week the girl there told me they were processing

end of Decembers SS - I told her that there was clearly people in Jan who had got theirs and also

ones that were priority processed, was told by her and someone else that they do not have a priority processing system which clearly they do have from reading this forum.

I dunno I just think that its expensive, when you phone they clearly dont want phonecalls and

they arent exactly really that helpful now in fairness and dont try to reassure anyone. I dunno

I just think that as the time is going on the dream keeps moving away and with our agents

being in UK the agents arent ringing there and generally only using email. I have emailed

WA a few times but never once they responded.

I can understand the frustration we lodged 175 in September and we had our CO and then it all went pear shaped, so you do end up very pessimistic.

Guest yorkshirepud

And you are nearly there now so yes thanks it gives me hope! Each day that goes by is a step closer.

I have never emailed them so cant comment on that, but i must of rang them atleast 5 to 6 times and never had a problem, but thats only my experience of dealing with them.

But fingers crossed for you maisie that you get your ss shortly

Thanks Rachel

fingers crossed now that we all get ours shortly, cant wait, when I get there Im going to get a job in WA, set up an online checking system and priority process everyone ha ha!!

Guest Waikiki

Hi guys, well after receiving our WA state sponsorship just under 2 weeks ago we have received our Pre-Grant letter from DIAC today!!! :yes:We just have to go offshore for them to grant us. So rest assured that whilst waiting for the SS is very long and painful, once you do have it things can move very quickly indeed! I am now panicing that they will change the rules again before we can get offshore at the end of the month - dont know what I will do with myself after this process is finally over!

Good luck to all you guys waiting xx

Guest wolkenwalker

Just let you know that my WA application is "withdrawn" because i have forgotten to send one document

I can cry.

Now i'm going to start again.

Guest Waikiki
:yes:HUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRAAAAAAYYYYYYY,congratulations Waikiki.

did you already have a co?

Thanks neonemo - Nope this was a whole new stage for me!

Guest Waikiki
Just let you know that my WA application is "withdrawn" because i have forgotten to send one document

I can cry.

Oh no Wolkenwalker that is so crap - cant believe they would just withdraw the application for one document. Have you managed to speak to anyone there or did they let you know by email? Are there any opportunities to appeal this - it is so unfair after you have waited this long to ask you to start again :sad:

Guest beverley

I can cry.

Oh that is so terrible, and wrong for them to do after all the money taken you would think they would just request those details from you. Get on the phone and see if there is anything else you can do. I could understand if they said we will stop processing your application until its provided but to withdraw it altogether :arghh:

Hope it all works out for you.

Guest wolkenwalker

The worst thing is, that they didn`t get me any reply from WA . I told my agent to ask about my aplication. And then this!

And she told me that she can do nothing. I have to ask for a new one.

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
Hi guys, well after receiving our WA state sponsorship just under 2 weeks ago we have received our Pre-Grant letter from DIAC today!!! :yes:We just have to go offshore for them to grant us. So rest assured that whilst waiting for the SS is very long and painful, once you do have it things can move very quickly indeed! I am now panicing that they will change the rules again before we can get offshore at the end of the month - dont know what I will do with myself after this process is finally over!

Good luck to all you guys waiting xx

Heee Waikiki,

Fantastic news, great, great, great, good for you!! Where are you going offshore? I am really excited for you, not long to go now, and you will be permanent residents, super!!:hug:

Congratulations,

Karin

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
The worst thing is, that they didn`t get me any reply from WA . I told my agent to ask about my aplication. And then this!

And she told me that she can do nothing. I have to ask a new one.

Hi Wolkenwalker,

I am sorry to hear this, but I am also a little mad at you. You have been posting every now and then, to say that you were still waiting for news on your application for 19th of January. You have been given advice from this forum on many occasions to contact WA (or your agent), to check whether everything was OK with the application. I haven't read anywhere that you have actually done this. Alarm bells should have been ringing over a month ago with you, and you should have taken action much, much earlier. Your agent is obviously not looking after your best interests, so you cannot rely on her for things to start happening. You should have insisted to speak to someone senior at WA to check what was happening with your application. If you, or your agent, had done this more than a month ago, I'm sure someone would have told you that a document was missing, and to send this ASAP. Instead, you were sleeping, expecting things to happen all by themselves. I am sorry, but if you really want this visa to happen, you need to get rid of your agent and either do some serious work yourselves, or get another agent that can do this for you, but to sit back passively, doing nothing when you already know, deep down, that something is wrong, is not going to help you one little bit.

I wish you good luck anyway, but please do take my advice and get active,

Regards,

Karin

Guest Waikiki
Heee Waikiki,

Fantastic news, great, great, great, good for you!! Where are you going offshore? I am really excited for you, not long to go now, and you will be permanent residents, super!!:hug:

Congratulations,

Karin

Oh thanks Karin! I am really hoping to hear good visa news from you soon too - cant be long now! :jiggy:We are heading over to Malaysia (Kuala lumpur) on the 1st of June...it took me all of 5 minutes to book a trip offshore! Cant wait xx

Guest mcleod275
Oh thanks Karin! I am really hoping to hear good visa news from you soon too - cant be long now! :jiggy:We are heading over to Malaysia (Kuala lumpur) on the 1st of June...it took me all of 5 minutes to book a trip offshore! Cant wait xx

Waikiki

That is fantastic news - must be such a relief for you and you get to have a little trip to KL, enjoy and congratulations :jiggy:

I too am waiting for good news for Karin, I am sure it is their destiny to go considering all the problems they have overcome, or Karin's sheer determination!!

Claire xxx

morning all

just checked E Status this morning and health requirements finalised for both off us, i no its not much but nice to have chipped away little bit more.

We had them done 3 weeks yesterday so quite quick really . just waiting for CO

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
Waikiki

That is fantastic news - must be such a relief for you and you get to have a little trip to KL, enjoy and congratulations

I too am waiting for good news for Karin, I am sure it is their destiny to go considering all the problems they have overcome, or Karin's sheer determination!!

Claire xxx

Thanks Claire (and Waikiki), we are doing everything we can on this end to sort out the medicals for Mervyn. Mervyn's been to the hospital to get previous X-rays, which will be delivered by an extremely helpful lady today, after which Mervyn will take this to our GP, discuss and then get all of his medical dossier from GP over to the doctor in Cambridge and then discuss again. Hopefully, this will sort the problem out, otherwise, we would be looking at more blood tests (to test for enlarged liver) and/or ultrasound and/or X-rays. Meanwhile, we will be making passport photos for Joel today, and I will travel into London on Monday to get Joel's new passport sorted out. Looks like an ongoing saga for us, but we're still very hopeful for a positive outcome...:notworthy:

Cheers,

Karin

Archived