Anyone been granted WA State sponsorship in 2009 yet?

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

Hi,

I am desperately waiting for a yes or no from WA regarding our State Sponsorship application, sent and confirmed on 16 January. Anyone applied for in January and heard anything yet?

Cheers,

Karin

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Karin, no news for us as yet, we applied to WA on Jan 15th, so we are quite close together.

Keep in touch if you hear anything, and we will do the same

If your like us, the days are dragging.

I was thinking of ringing them tonight and see where they are at the moment.

Regards

Daz

Hi,

I am desperately waiting for a yes or no from WA regarding our State Sponsorship application, sent and confirmed on 16 January. Anyone applied for in January and heard anything yet?

Cheers,

Karin

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

Hi Daz and Gill,

Yes, I just got up this morning, and today will be another day of no news. I am finding it really, really hard to get through each day now. I will keep you posted, excellent idea trying to ring them.

Cheers,

Karin

Guest Grammyjadav
Hi Daz and Gill,

Yes, I just got up this morning, and today will be another day of no news. I am finding it really, really hard to get through each day now. I will keep you posted, excellent idea trying to ring them.

Cheers,

Karin

Hi Karin...

I have been told by the teaching WA assistant that there is some workforce analysis to be completed maybe in the first few months of 2009, and then they will consider 457 sponsorships..... You didn't tell for what position have you applied...... Anyway, do definitely post here what you hear from them...

Cheers and Best Luck

Graham

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
Hi Karin...

I have been told by the teaching WA assistant that there is some workforce analysis to be completed maybe in the first few months of 2009, and then they will consider 457 sponsorships..... You didn't tell for what position have you applied...... Anyway, do definitely post here what you hear from them...

Cheers and Best Luck

Graham

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your reply. I have applied for State sponsorship, I think you are confusing this with employer sponsorship, which is something entirely different.

Cheers en best of luck yourself,

Karin

Guest Grammyjadav

:notworthy:OOOOOps.....! my mistake Karin.... I think I still have gotto learn a lot, If you can explain what's that difference it would be better though...

And sorry to confuse u...:wacko:

Best of Luck

Graham

Hi Karin, i rang them this morning, and they told me that it could take between another 2 - 4 weeks.

Gutted, but hope its worth the wait.

Daz

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

He Daz,

Thanks for letting me know, I was just about planning to ring them myself, but will wait another 2 weeks now. That is a really long time, when you wake up every morning, thinking, is this ever going to be a good day for us?

Good luck with the wait,

Cheers,

Karin

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest1

Hi all, just to let everyone know, i received the confirmation that WA will support our sponsorship.

I did have to ring them and ask the question, and they told me that we would be getting the letter quite soon.

There is always hope!!!!

Good luck everyone.

Regards

Daz+Gill

Guest tomka

hello

i applied mid december and when i called them yesterday they told me that they are processing first week of december application at the moment and cannot say anything to my application. what did you ask them when you called them?

i am a little bit worried, that there went something wrong with my appl.

thanks tom

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

Daz & Gill,

Congratulations with being granted WA State sponsorship! Onwards and upwards now.... :-)

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
hello

i applied mid december and when i called them yesterday they told me that they are processing first week of december application at the moment and cannot say anything to my application. what did you ask them when you called them?

i am a little bit worried, that there went something wrong with my appl.

thanks tom

Hi Tom,

I think you are talking about your visa processing, whereas Daz and Gill are talking about getting WA sponsorship. Not the same thing. I'm guessing you already have your state sponsorship? And are waiting for your 176 visa application to be processed? In which case, I'm sure it won't be long now...

Cheers,

Karin

Guest Tracey Jay

Hi Tom, Why don"t you try emailing them and see if you get a better response that way.

I applied 6th Jan got an email on 17th feb asking me to resend my documents as they could not retrieve them. Heard nothing so phoned on mon night. Got up to an email on tues morn saying we had been recommended for approval but the application had to be signed off by 2 other officers and should receive notification in 7-10 days. So still in limbo, just hoping this is a formality?? It"s nice to know other people feel the same as me every morning....aaaaaahhhhhhh

Guest Waikiki

Hi guys

We applied for WA state sponsorship on 17th January so pretty close to you too. We are still waiting and called them a couple of days ago only to be also told that they are currently working on early December applications and processing times are currently 6-8weeks ??? Will let you know if we hear anything

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

Hi everyone,

Sorry, Tom, I jumped to conclusions. I phoned WA this morning, and was told exactly the same as you: they are currently processing the applications from mid-December. However, when I asked some more questions, I was connected to an adviser. I then spoke to a very helpful lady, who said she would look into it in the morning (she was just about to go home), and let me know. My case had not been assigned to a CO yet.

Every morning has been a nightmare opening my e-mail, but so far, nothing. I now also understand that they don't notify by e-mail, but by post, which takes another week, doesn't it? I can't stand any more limbo, to be honest, as for us, it's either no chance of getting to Oz at all, or getting this WA sponsorship. Grrr..... nerves.....

Good luck to all,

Karin

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

OK, so after an incredibly sleepless night of waking up every half hour (nothing to do with our three kids, who were happily dreaming away), I woke up this morning, opening up my computer first thing at 6:30. Nothing. Then rang WA again, only to be told that it will be another few weeks (we applied 7 weeks ago now). Then had a good cry, because this is just Chinese torture, our whole life depends on the yes from WA, as not on CSL, not on MODL, not on any list at all!

Pfffff..... I will now join Tom in worries that something is wrong with the app and that they are going to say no. Don't know how much longer I can stand this...

Karin

Guest captain cook

for anybody that's interested, called WA migration this morning 7am Uk time regarding my application for state sponsorship which I applied for on 12th jan ( 8 weeks today) to be told it will be another 2 weeks before a decision is made but they are processing Januarys. Regards CC .

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

Hi Captain Cook,

Thanks for the info. Looks like another couple of limbo-weeks....... bleeeehhhhhhh

Guest tomka

got the feeling that they always tell you it is only gonna take 2 weeks time. i have applied mid dec. and was told to wait 2 weeks. we cannot change it anyway.

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

He Tom,

That means you still haven't heard from them yet? Have you e-mailed them yet? Or phoned? I mean, you applied a month even before us, surely they've gotten to your application by now?

Good luck,

Karin

Guest Tracey Jay
Hi Tom, Why don"t you try emailing them and see if you get a better response that way.

I applied 6th Jan got an email on 17th feb asking me to resend my documents as they could not retrieve them. Heard nothing so phoned on mon night. Got up to an email on tues morn saying we had been recommended for approval but the application had to be signed off by 2 other officers and should receive notification in 7-10 days. So still in limbo, just hoping this is a formality?? It"s nice to know other people feel the same as me every morning....aaaaaahhhhhhh

:arghh: still no news!! this is getting beyond a joke!! i"m slowly going round the bend!!

get up every morning to check the emails, wonder all day at work if we"ve get anything in the post.....disappointment 2, then check the emails again to make sure we"ve not been sent anything in their last hour of work.....disappointment 3.

Over 3 weeks since we had the original correspondence, in our minds at that time we were thinking we may have a case officer by now.....what a laugh.

Know there"s lots of people out there feeling the same but it does get you down day after day. Once we"ve got this bit over and it"s a yes then the wait for the case officer then the house to sell.

Can you tell I"m having a bad day?? Thanks for reading my moans Tracey xx

Archived