Sellling house - has anyone managed to do it?

froggirl

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest benedict1

I am not building my hopes up though as he was a young student from Saudi whose family want to buy him a property. Emma

x

:laugh: has he got another brother who wants a house??

I am not building my hopes up though as he was a young student from Saudi whose family want to buy him a property. Emma

x

migth not have a brother,but plenty of wives hahaha

Guest benedict1

migth not have a brother,but plenty of wives hahaha

:biglaugh:

The one big thing that we must do is sell our house before the planning really starts. We haven't listed it yet, but things don't look good at the moment with the whole credit crisis.

Has anyone managed to sell their house recently? If so, how did you make yours stand out from the others in your area? Did you need to drop the price a lot to get it sold? There are lots of houses on our estate for sale or to rent and they don't seem to be moving at all.

Thanks

KJ

Hi there me and my husband has got our house up for sale now for about 3 weeks and no viewing at the mo but we are thinking about sellling it our selfs...if you have anymore luck lets us know please as we are hoping to move to queensland, australia...takecare lisa

Guest Darwin's coming too
thats really great news too hear were still in the chain of waiting to exchange after being in oz 19 months please send some of your good luck on house selling my way lol

lesley x

will do - sending fluffy pinks clouds out now .....

lisa

hi

the green candle/red envelope are feng sui ideas that were on here ages ago. You're supposed to burn a green candle in the window when viewers come.

You put a piece of wood, metal & earth from your house into the red envelope then drop it into a fast flowing river, it's supposed to symbolise the house and you separating.

If you search threads for green candle or red envelope you'll find posts where people claim it worked and to be honest everythings worth a try !

I broke off a bit of skirting board, took a screw from a door hinge and peice of earth from garden.

Whether it was the feng sui or my de-personalising & dressing of house I don't know - but it worked (I've watched lots of episodes of house doctor !)

Good luck everyone else,

Lisa

hi

the green candle/red envelope are feng sui ideas that were on here ages ago. You're supposed to burn a green candle in the window when viewers come.

You put a piece of wood' date=' metal & earth from your house into the red envelope then drop it into a fast flowing river, it's supposed to symbolise the house and you separating.

If you search threads for green candle or red envelope you'll find posts where people claim it worked and to be honest everythings worth a try !

I broke off a bit of skirting board, took a screw from a door hinge and peice of earth from garden.

Whether it was the feng sui or my de-personalising & dressing of house I don't know - but it worked (I've watched lots of episodes of house doctor !)

Good luck everyone else,

Lisa[/quote']

i hope you put a chair or something in front of the broken skirtingboard:biglaugh:

i hope you put a chair or something in front of the broken skirtingboard:biglaugh:

what else is the under-stairs cupboard for ? besides junk !

Guest littlesarah

For any of you who were in on this thread at the beginning, having agreed a sale on 19 Feb we are still waiting for the buyers to propose a completion date. When they came round to discuss furniture etc (a month ago now) they seemed really keen, but I'm getting a bit concernced about whether they really have their finances in order.

If they want to exchange & complete before the first week in May (which they told me they'd prefer), they need to give us a few weeks' notice. It is so frustrating, when we're trying to organise the removal of our possessions (including cleaning a lot of our sports & camping gear), and what will happen to them when they arrive in Aus -grrr!

Good luck to all of you, at this rate we might be joining you in putting our house back on the market! (I can't even think about that though.)

Sarah

Wow, we sold our house today (in three weeks of being on the market!!!). Bit out of pocket, but it was expected due to the current climate.

We knocked back a few offers due their ridiculousness and ended up telling them what they were going to pay us...........very bizzarre!!

So what did we do.............Had it valued in Jan at 195,000. waited until March and put it up at 185,000, knowing that there was competition in the local area of houses bigger than ours. Accepted 175,000:err:............and told them it needs to be a quick completion (4-6 weeks).............LOL lets see how it goes.

Guest WARDStoOZ
Wow, we sold our house today (in three weeks of being on the market!!!). Bit out of pocket, but it was expected due to the current climate.

We knocked back a few offers due their ridiculousness and ended up telling them what they were going to pay us...........very bizzarre!!

So what did we do.............Had it valued in Jan at 195,000. waited until March and put it up at 185,000, knowing that there was competition in the local area of houses bigger than ours. Accepted 175,000:err:............and told them it needs to be a quick completion (4-6 weeks).............LOL lets see how it goes.

Huge congrats on the house sale!!!

Dan xx

Guest littlesarah

:arghh:Turns out our buyers are not in the position they led us to believe. They're not first-time buyers - the man has a house that he still owns with his ex-wife; who is supposed to be buying him out.

She has up to another 7 weeks in which to complete that transaction - and I'm now worried that she could have her mortgage application refused; in which case the whole thing will fall apart and we'll have no buyer after all. Having no experience in these matters I don't know how divorce settlements are decided and whether, if one person is buying the other the out, their ability to actually do so is ascertained before it's agreed.

This is just what I need - talk about stressed!! :wacko:

Guest benedict1
hi

You put a piece of wood' date=' metal & earth from your house into the red envelope then drop it into a fast flowing river, it's supposed to symbolise the house and you separating.

Good luck everyone else,

Lisa[/quote']

:biglaugh: I like it - I'd better go buy a green candle and a red envelope then... oh, and find a viewer!!

:arghh:Turns out our buyers are not in the position they led us to believe. They're not first-time buyers - the man has a house that he still owns with his ex-wife; who is supposed to be buying him out.

She has up to another 7 weeks in which to complete that transaction - and I'm now worried that she could have her mortgage application refused; in which case the whole thing will fall apart and we'll have no buyer after all. Having no experience in these matters I don't know how divorce settlements are decided and whether, if one person is buying the other the out, their ability to actually do so is ascertained before it's agreed.

This is just what I need - talk about stressed!! :wacko:

Keep fingers crossed!

Good Luck

Emma

x

Guest littlesarah

Thanks everyone for your good wishes, I can feel your positive vibes through my computer screen!!

My solicitor tells me that the buyers are hopeful that they will be in a position to exchange in the next 3-4 weeks, so I'm hoping that, in a couple of months' time I'll look back & laugh at my flip-out!

I was panicking 'cos I'm working my notice, on the basis that our last mortgage payment would be April - but my boss has promised me some temporary/casual work if I need it so at least we'll still be able to pay our mortgage.

I'll keep everything crossed (although it makes driving, eating and doing my job rather tricky)!!

Hope all of us trying to sell up achieve our goal.

Best wishes all,

Sarah x

Guest The "legdes"

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say that we sold our house in Feb. We took £75K less than the valuations 9 months ago but hey your house is only worth what someone will pay now.

We now have everything showing as met but have dropped off the CSL- so don't know when we will finally get the last bit of processing we need. Despite this though it feels great to have sold - it was our enabler - even if we had the visa we couldn't go til we sold. We'd do exactly the same again - accept the offer and sell. We have 2 sets of friends who have had their visas over a year now but haven't sold and so don't feel they can go. Both are desperate - its heartbreaking and so stressful for them.

Good luck to all of you who are waiting for exchanges etc - its another roller coaster ride that you probably don't need. Fingers crossed it will be worth it.

Once you've sold the next ride starts - when to exchange your £s for AUD$s (I don't think the stress ever ends.... well perhaps when we're on that beach !) Bring it on !

Guest gill_58
The one big thing that we must do is sell our house before the planning really starts. We haven't listed it yet, but things don't look good at the moment with the whole credit crisis.

Has anyone managed to sell their house recently? If so, how did you make yours stand out from the others in your area? Did you need to drop the price a lot to get it sold? There are lots of houses on our estate for sale or to rent and they don't seem to be moving at all.

Thanks

KJ

Hi

Gambled last year and sol my house to go in to rented was on the market for 280 sold for 255.

live in essex ... think i did the right thing as it free me up for some day soon getting my visa granted doing 143 cpv.

good luck with your house sale.

gillm

Archived