Sellling house - has anyone managed to do it?

froggirl

Guest ashmalog

just a quick update - viewers turned up and loved the place but they have to sell theirs first. could be promising as they have a 3bd to sell which are selling in this area.

just found out neighbour has gone on the market for £20k more than ours - same style house but we have a south facing garden and parking for 3 cars and they only have 1 parking space and west garden. if that is our competition then bring it on. decided not going to drop price again - not if others are going on at more.

time will tell.

bonnie

tania - sorry to hear ur viewers were a no show - hate that. i make the estate agent come to all viewings cos then they are inconvenienced as well as me! when there are no shows.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HolsandHen

Hi, just thought we'd let you know we put our 2 bedroom flat on the market at the beginning of March and accepted an offer within our acceptable range after 2 weeks. Luckily she is also a first time buyer and loved all the furniture so she is buying most of that too. Fingers crossed the formalities all happen quickly and we make it through to completion! The market is definitely picking up again so fingers crossed for everyone who is waiting on a house sale at the moment!

Guest gilly88

We are also sick of timewasters well we were on our 23rd viewing yesterday but apparently the study is too small this time makes a change from ohh the railway line is a bit close it runs at the side of the house 1 carriage sometimes too at peak times every hour you don't even notice it soo fed up now I am just about to give up before I go stark raving mad:arghh: why do people come and view had some easter sunday whipped round in 10 minutes they only live 10 houses down can't even be bothered to let the agent know what they don't like about it waiting on the excuse

:arghh:

I had a lady viewing my house yesterday who said that my inglenook fireplace which has been there for 300 years was in the wrong room and should be in the dining room instead of the living room! On a brighter note we do have a couple coming for a second viewing on Saturday.

Guest benedict1
I had a lady viewing my house yesterday who said that my inglenook fireplace which has been there for 300 years was in the wrong room and should be in the dining room instead of the living room! On a brighter note we do have a couple coming for a second viewing on Saturday.

What a pillack!!!!

(Yorkshire for smallminded, shortsighted person of limited intelligence!)

The feedback from our viewing was our house was dark and dingy, the comments are so hurtful, and it smelt of nappies, considering my son is only 2 and he is potty trained, he only wears nappies in the evening, and my hubby said all the bins were empty, it just deflates you so much

Good luck to anyone else with viewings

Tania X

Guest annemarie and brian

Rebecca,

i hope the veiwing goes well tonight keeping our fingers crossed,

keep us posted.

Annemarie

Guest benedict1
The feedback from our viewing was our house was dark and dingy, the comments are so hurtful, and it smelt of nappies, considering my son is only 2 and he is potty trained, he only wears nappies in the evening, and my hubby said all the bins were empty, it just deflates you so much

Good luck to anyone else with viewings

Tania X

They don't deserve your house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

My house been on the market since Feb half term, had one viewing. The day of the viewing was a bad day for for as i knew would be suffering with an immense hangover. nevertheless dragged myself up and cleaned house etc. Had to cook a abcon butty but that was ok because smell had gone before they arived. Lovely woman arrived with her mum seen the house and seemed to like it.

Then nothing!!!! I rang EA for feedback could not get hold of her. Popped into EA office yesterday they said she loved the house but is on a government scheme that will only allow her to buy a 2 bedroom house. What is that all about? Why look at a 3 bedroom house then???? I will knock a bloody wall through if thats the case lol. EA do the not check the prosepective buyers ability to buy and what they are looking for?

Needless to say the min they left the house went back to bed to nurse my hangover!

Guest benedict1

Oooh, silly! The prospective buyers don't know how to read the details on the handout they've been given, so they couldn't possibly know that the two bed house they are viewing is actually a three bed!

:laugh:

Guest littlesarah

Our agent says that they're really busy, she feels that things are picking up a bit as people who really want/need to sell are pricing lower & buyers are having to be more realistic in terms of budget.

I'm just still hoping that our buyer's divorce settlement comes through in the next 4 weeks, otherwise we have a problem! But they are obviously really serious about it as they already gave notice to their landlord & have to go live with parents while the furniture they bought has to go into storage. (Maybe they should've waited til they had money in hand before implying they were 1st time buyers!)

Guest benedict1
Crazy isnt it!!!

Too right.

E/A has just told us to drop another 10k, then we will be in the right price bracket?!

So, thats 40k in total, then viewers will expect ANOTHER 10k off after viewing ...

hmm? who are the winners and losers in this? :skeptical:

Too right.

E/A has just told us to drop another 10k, then we will be in the right price bracket?!

So, thats 40k in total, then viewers will expect ANOTHER 10k off after viewing ...

hmm? who are the winners and losers in this? :skeptical:

Dont EA suggets the first price bracket????? Mine has sugggested dropping the price but i dont care my visa not even getting processed at the mo so in no hurry, will leave a bit longer. In the mena time im checking the ads wanted incase any asking for a house, shame have to do this myself isnt it! what am i apying them for??

Rental if i do sell will be so much more expensive than my mortage so taking advantage of low rate and investing the diff, maybe will manage to save what i need to drop my house by so no worse off

Guest benedict1
Dont EA suggets the first price bracket????? Mine has sugggested dropping the price but i dont care my visa not even getting processed at the mo so in no hurry, will leave a bit longer. In the mena time im checking the ads wanted incase any asking for a house, shame have to do this myself isnt it! what am i apying them for??

Rental if i do sell will be so much more expensive than my mortage so taking advantage of low rate and investing the diff, maybe will manage to save what i need to drop my house by so no worse off

Yes they do. Of course our original price was based on market prices 14 months ago so we reduced, then reduced again.

As for checking the ads - I think the E/A have had an easy ride for far too long. Now they don't know how to do the legwork, so you have to do it yourself. If you get any takers doing it that way, take your house off the market with that E/A and sell privately. That would be one in the eye for them!

Yes they do. Of course our original price was based on market prices 14 months ago so we reduced, then reduced again.

As for checking the ads - I think the E/A have had an easy ride for far too long. Now they don't know how to do the legwork, so you have to do it yourself. If you get any takers doing it that way, take your house off the market with that E/A and sell privately. That would be one in the eye for them!

Dont if can do that just yet as i got my HIP with them so tied at the mo, otherwise would have about fifty boards up. They do have it easy they suggest the price and the answer to it all is drop the price (Not that they have to look harder for buyers) Or promote more, my house is in paper every other week or maybe three weeks. Easy put it in every week then, (then i wont moan so much!!! lol)

The HIP was the only reason i went with EA as im sure can do better job myself. Could of easily organised HIP but was lazy about that and kicking myself now. Kind of stuck with them at the mo.

Guest annemarie and brian

i thought you were only tied in with an e/a with there contract not the hip thats yours

once you have payed for it so you can move around and its yours.

annemarie

Archived