Sellling house - has anyone managed to do it?

froggirl

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest benedict1
Wow, we sold our house today (in three weeks of being on the market!!!). Bit out of pocket, but it was expected due to the current climate.

It always gives people a lift to hear such good news - very well done!!!!

Hi, we put it on and had 10 viewings in a week plus two second viewings. By this stage we got scared and took it off the market! The hope is that we don't need to sell at all and we are not going to leave until Jan next year - did not expect so much interest atraight away! Didn't want to rent here until w leave... but we are pretty much in the same boat; probably need to sell here if we are going to buy there... but then it depends on jobs etc there. Everything is SO vague at the moment!!

Guest benedict1
Hi, we put it on and had 10 viewings in a week plus two second viewings. By this stage we got scared and took it off the market! The hope is that we don't need to sell at all and we are not going to leave until Jan next year - did not expect so much interest atraight away! Didn't want to rent here until w leave... but we are pretty much in the same boat; probably need to sell here if we are going to buy there... but then it depends on jobs etc there. Everything is SO vague at the moment!!

Wow, that's great!

January will creep up on you though. I wouldn't put it off if selling is the route you wish to go.

Can you send some of your viewers round to me? lol

Guest yorkshirepud

We've been on the market for 8 months now and nothing doing. We have reduced the price quite a lot too and its only 3 bed mid terraced so we cant consider lowering it any more. We are going to try the renting route as we cant stand the thought of getting our visas after such a long process but not being able to go! So we are saving like mad now as we were relying on having the money from the sale of the house.

Guest benedict1
We've been on the market for 8 months now and nothing doing. We have reduced the price quite a lot too and its only 3 bed mid terraced so we cant consider lowering it any more. We are going to try the renting route as we cant stand the thought of getting our visas after such a long process but not being able to go! So we are saving like mad now as we were relying on having the money from the sale of the house.

I know exactly how you feel!

Our house has been on the market for over a year (4 bed semi, freshly renovated) and only had four viewings. Had Visa since August 2008.

These things are now out of our control. It will happen one day! Keep your chin up. :smile:

Guest SEFFnSARAH

We were lucky and sold our house 2 years ago when we started the process. We moved in with mum for 6 months and we are still here. Mums house has been on the market since September. We have had about 8/9 viewings in total. She dropped the price a few weeks ago and had 2 viewings last weekend. We had a phone call yesterday to say that we had had an offer - £75k below the asking price (and she had already dropped the price so £100k less than Sept). I know house prices have dropped and we are desperate to go - but not that much!!

I'm sure eventually things will pick up - our estate agent said the same thing to us - the next 8 weeks or so are critical. So hopefully a few more of us out there will be posting soon that the houses have sold and the flights are booked!

Good luck everyone

Sarah x

PS have just read about the green candle and the red envelope - think I might be trying that one as well

Guest annemarie and brian

we have had our house on the market since last may had a few then went quiet at xmas understandable then we said no veiwers as we had birthday partys in jan and since feb it has

picked up had a few viewings then a near offer but the couple well had a falling out in estate agent

at the time so (thought funny) but still getting viewings just a few up round our way but they are

selling so do what you thinks best.

Guest benedict1

Somebody told me today that the 'HIPS' pack is only valid for 6 months!! I have contacted the EA for vrification and will post as soon as I hear anything. ANOTHER MONEYMAKING SCAM FROM OUR LOYAL GOVERNMENT!!!!!

Guest benedict1
No, HIP is valid for 10 years. However, I am sure they'll change legislation before then...

Phew! I originally thought that was the case until today.

You're right about change though. I hope they don't read these threads..... it might give them ideas!!!!:eek:

Guest littlesarah

The HIP remains valid for 10 years, as long as the house in on the market; however the searches are considered by many solicitors to be out of date after 3 months. As far as I can see, the HIP makes very little difference to buying a house, it's just a waste of money for the seller!

Guest evertheoptimist
The one big thing that we must do is sell our house before the planning really starts. We haven't listed it yet, but things don't look good at the moment with the whole credit crisis.

Has anyone managed to sell their house recently? If so, how did you make yours stand out from the others in your area? Did you need to drop the price a lot to get it sold? There are lots of houses on our estate for sale or to rent and they don't seem to be moving at all.

Thanks

KJ

Hi

We sold our house yesterday to second viewer and it has sold sign on already, we put the house up for sale in February. Don't know that we did anything to make it stand out except we showed them around then gave them freedom to wonder and also had a good old chat afterwards. I always do what i do when applying for a job and pretend i'm with friends. Showing potential buyers makes me nervous and this helps me relax.

We are in Yorkshire and houses where we are are selling quite quicklywell.

Good luck all.

Guest benedict1
Hi

We sold our house yesterday to second viewer and it has sold sign on already, we put the house up for sale in February. Don't know that we did anything to make it stand out except we showed them around then gave them freedom to wonder and also had a good old chat afterwards. I always do what i do when applying for a job and pretend i'm with friends. Showing potential buyers makes me nervous and this helps me relax.

We are in Yorkshire and houses where we are are selling quite quicklywell.

Good luck all.

Excellent news!!!! Well done.

Gives us all hope.

:smile:

Guest benedict1
The HIP remains valid for 10 years, as long as the house in on the market; however the searches are considered by many solicitors to be out of date after 3 months. As far as I can see, the HIP makes very little difference to buying a house, it's just a waste of money for the seller!

I don't think I would even bother asking for it if I was in the position of buying in the UK.

Deffo waste of money! :wacko:

Guest snow white
We have just had yet another viewing, first time buyers who seemed quite keen on our property, so i shall keep you posted

Tania X

thats fantastic nes tania,

our house is due to exchange tomorrow and is due to complete april 9th fingers crossed

lesley x

Guest snow white
Good luck with yours too Lesley

Tania X

thanks hon weve been going through with this sale since august o8 lol

better luck for everyone else including you hon xxxx

lesley x

Guest ashmalog

fingers crossed for you tania

we had a very promising viewing last week but nothing came of it unfortunately. they were really interested in the no chain and to be out by june!! just goes to show you can't take any viewing as good until you have an offer on the table. i am truely gutted.

Archived