Starting journey to Melbourne on Monday - OMG

The Stewarts

Well it is finally going to happen me and the kids are starting the journey to Oz on Monday, getting scarry. Hubby wont be joining us until begining of Feb as he left for work in Angola yesterday.

Been a really stressfull few days, my mother has ended up in hospital on Saturday with a broken leg and today I took the dog to the vets as she hasnt eaten her food for the last three days, tought she had maybe sensed we we leaving and was having a sulk (as she did when she didnt get her own way - typical bitch as my hubby says), but total shock when vet seen her told us nothing they could do she had cancer and only had days to live so had her put to sleep before she began suffering. Kids are gutted and them on Saturday the 2 cats are going to there new home.

So all I can say is role on Monday.

Best of luck to all others who are in the process of getting visas - well worth the wait.

Guest leep75

onwards and upwards!! which part of melbourne are you going? were hoping to be in melbourne july/august but have yet to settle on an area

onwards and upwards!! which part of melbourne are you going? were hoping to be in melbourne july/august but have yet to settle on an area

Going to stay with friends in the Werribee area and have a look around. Been looking at Point Cook, Sanctuary Lakes online. Need to be at that side of Melbourne as i am due to start at the Gordon Institute in Geelong at end of January.

Guest leep75

weve also looked at point cook but wont be making final descisions untill i know exactly where im gonna be working! would like to hear what you think of area,s once your there,

Lee,Elaina Holly & Amber

Guest Jo/Ray@westcliffRugby

Good luck with your new life in Melbourne, sorry to hear about your dog.

We hope to be out there by September.

Every success with your new life.

Jo

Guest Dionne and Rickie

Wow what a week you've had, so sorry about your woofa lets hope the luck starts coming now, have a safe journey.x

Guest juliemtaylor

Good luck and so sorry you are having a tough time. Keep Smiling you will be in Oz new life etc soon.

Julie x

weve also looked at point cook but wont be making final descisions untill i know exactly where im gonna be working! would like to hear what you think of area,s once your there,

Lee,Elaina Holly & Amber

Hi there, will be more than happy to help in anyway once we arrive as I know that having had friends to help me who live over there has been a godsend.

Could you send me a pm to remind me, my memory is not at its best just now.

Lorna

• 4 years later...

Archived