Guest James.S

Guest TobyCarr

Down Under Tradies put me in contact with a electrical company in Oz they also sorted out the interview at their office. Have a talk to them but please remember that they are not a employment agency.

Good luck on finding a job

Guest TobyCarr

Talk to them as I can Not answer that question, it is always best to talk to the horses mouth then take second hand information.

Guest David Fraser

Hello Everyone i was wondering if anybody has any information as i have been searching for days and got nowhere. I'm moving to Melbourne soon and i am an electrician. My Girlfriend is from Melbourne so I'm applying for a Defacto Visa. How do i go about getting my A grade License so i can work as an electrician in Victoria?

Guest CKIRL

The best way to get an electrical licence is to get it via South Australia. Look up a RTO called Peer Veet. They run a course on the Australian wiring rules. Once you get this and a craft certificate you can get a SA licence. Then you can transfer it over to a Victorian Licence. It's the easiest way.

Guest David Fraser

Do i have to get in touch with the TRA first? How do i go about this. Also do i need my visa Accepted before i start because its in the process

Hi guys, Sorry to jump on your thread but just wanted some advice if anyone can help.

My hb is Electrician and were waiting for our 176 which as we all know is quite a wait.

Were talking about other options to get there sooner and our options are getting a sponsor (easier said than done) or work visa and trying for a sponsor out there.

Firstly whats the market like in Brisbane or surrounding for electricians, wheres best place to look?

Where is the best place to look for a job (other than Seek.com) from here?

and what licenses etc will he need to work & how long will it take to get them as most jobs are saying you need it to start work there?

Hope you can offer some advice, thanks in advance x

Guest steve the spark
i thought our mate toby said they were stopping peer veet from doing this (i may be wrong)

heres an idea why not contact peer and ask?

my advice would be dont listen to posters on forums,

why?

a--some are based in the uk and havnt even done what they are advising wtf is that about ?

b--some may have there own adgenders

( you really dont know who your talking too on an internet site especially if they have a low post count and are new to a site )

c--do you own research, yes get ideas and leads from sites like this but follow them up youselfs

( i see too many people been lead down what in my opinion would be the wrong path by misinformed posters or in some cases just plain bad and exspensive advice )

my 2p`s worth for what its worth :wink:

Guest steve the spark
Hi guys, Sorry to jump on your thread but just wanted some advice if anyone can help.

My hb is Electrician and were waiting for our 176 which as we all know is quite a wait.

Were talking about other options to get there sooner and our options are getting a sponsor (easier said than done) or work visa and trying for a sponsor out there.

Firstly whats the market like in Brisbane or surrounding for electricians, wheres best place to look?

Where is the best place to look for a job (other than Seek.com) from here?

and what licenses etc will he need to work & how long will it take to get them as most jobs are saying you need it to start work there?

Hope you can offer some advice, thanks in advance x

ive pm`ed you

Hi guys i wonder if anyone can offer some advice, my OH is an electrician in Ireland we have applied for a 176 family sponsored visa and are waiting on SA sponsorship.

He did the TRA for immigration purposes.

Am i right in thinking that he has to obtain an ARTC first ? is this similar to TRA for immigration.

Then do the wiring regs course in peer ?

Then get the licence ?

Can he then work as an A grade sparks straight away or does he have to work on a restricted licence?( hope not he's highly qualified ) Sorry for all the questions its all very confusing.:goofy:

Thanks in advance.

Maria.

Guest steve the spark
hi matey

as u described , u r working in this field so u could help me in getting connected with job prospective as i m Victorian state sponsor electrician :wideeyed:

sorry wouldnt know where to start mate,

do you do realise that your about 1650klms away from where we live ?

Guest David Fraser

Hi Steve was wondering if you could give me some advice. I'm moving to melbourne on a defacto visa. how do i go about getting my licence to work as an electrical supervisor. I cant go to the TRA because i'm from the UK. so its Vetasses. Does this plus AU wiring rules allow me to get A grade Licence. Also they ask for certificates. does this mean i have to give them my Certs And not get them Back? Any help i would be grateful thanks.

Guest steve the spark
Hi Steve was wondering if you could give me some advice. I'm moving to melbourne on a defacto visa. how do i go about getting my licence to work as an electrical supervisor. I cant go to the TRA because i'm from the UK. so its Vetasses. Does this plus AU wiring rules allow me to get A grade Licence. Also they ask for certificates. does this mean i have to give them my Certs And not get them Back? Any help i would be grateful thanks.

I don’t know why you think you can’t go to the tra? vettesses is for skilled migration visa purposes only so if your coming over on any other visa, ie family, work etc you go to the tra and apply for an artc as electrical mechanic

(use the link posted earlier )

Once you have an artc you have various options, but get the artc sorted first

Regards Steve

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Eire

Hi Steve

Also wanted to find out hb was Electrical Foreman in the UK - after 20 phone calls this week in Sydney (we arrived a week ago on 136 visa) we've been told he needs to go to Vocational Trade Tribunal for a Trade Recognition Certificate to work as an unlicensed electrician and then do a course for 2 nights a week for 6 months and probably after a year be able to get his licence through NSW Fair Trade. Is this as you know it? Also which agencies would you recommend? We have been looking at Seek and MyCareer. How long does the VTT take to process the Trade Recognition Cert do you know? Would appreciate any help.